A3 RHD > LHD Lighting

BenC00

Reaction score
Hi, i am taking my 2009 A3 3 Door S-Line to Europe for job relocation and need to swap the RHD lighting over to LHD lighting to allow me to register it locally.

I have already obtained LHD Bi-Xenons so need to resolve the issue with the fog & reverse lights being the wrong way round.

Do I just need to swap the rear light clusters with LHD units? Is there any wiring involved?

I assume that headlights are a straight swap with no coding / wiring needed?

Could someone give me the part numbers to MY11 (darker) 3dr rear LHD lights?

These are MY11 3DR RHD Part numbers i think? I need LHD :)
A8P3 945 095 C
A8P3 945 096 C

Last edited:
i stand to be corrected.
the foglights are the same, so are the rear lights.
its just the headlights that need changing as the car
needs that to pass the controltechnique which is the German
equivalent of an MOT.
If you have RHD bi-xenons now, think all you need to do is swap bits over.
otherwise, you might need more work.

i thought the rear lights were identical (RHD vs LHD) only on the Sportback, not the 3 door version - i'm sure someone will correct me if i am wrong?

i thought the rear lights were identical (RHD vs LHD) only on the Sportback, not the 3 door version - i'm sure someone will correct me if i am wrong?

You are correct ! On the three door the offside cluster has the rear fog light (red) lens and the nearside has the reversing light (white) lens.

Thanks for confirming - i dont suppose anyone can help me with part numbers?

LHD 3 Door MY11 Rear lights? :search:

Thanks Mike - are they def MY11 LHD units? My local Audi dealership seem to make a habbit of messing things up so i like to be armed with part numbers ;)

Sorry Ben no they are not ! I just noticed that you had a 2009 car and didn't realise you needed 2011 part numbers !

I'll get back in a minute but are you absolutely certain that a) they will fit your car and b) the standard rear lights are darker on the 2011 ?

I can only give you part numbers from ETKA which don't describe the fitting or appearance of the units !

EDIT :- revised numbers are

8P3 945 095 B ( left hand side )

8P3 945 096 B ( right hand side )

Last edited:
Thanks Mike... MY09 > MY11 rear lights are a straight swap, however the RHD > LHD conversion will require a little rewiring.

I'm sure it won't be too difficult :whistle2:

I'm there for 12+ months....

Update:
I have ordered the following parts after a hard battle with the parts guy at Audi which insisted that they will not fit:keule::
8P3 945 095B
8P3 945 096B

Could anyone help me with wiring diagrams etc to help with the wiring that will be required to switch the Fog and Reverse lights round? :)