A3 S-line Honeycomb grill + Rear diffuser suggestions

soulwaffle

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've got an A3 S-line, 60 plate, 2.0 diesel. I've been looking into swapping out the front grill. Reading around threads from <2014 this was not a straight conversion. However, I'm looking over on ebay and I can see grill's are sold as after market parts whereby I can swap my grill for the honeycomb grill. Is this the case? A straight swap?

At the top end I'm seeing xenonz for £170 :
https://www.xenonz.co.uk/store/p501/RS3-style-front-grill-gloss-black-for-Audi-A3-S3-2009-2012.html

At the other end, this is the cheapest I could find for £89.95:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A3-...rentrq:9ea49ff41750a69d3f26fe56fffada00|iid:1

...What am I missing something here in terms of difference in price?

Secondly, I'm looking to convert my single tip exhaust end to a double. Any suggestions on an after market diffuser?

Thanks All!

Reactions: No more
If I got this right, 60 plate is 2010-11 so it's a facelift. Those are easy to find, both links would work.

Envoyé de mon Pixel 4a en utilisant Tapatalk

Gloss black, Matt black, included badge or not, plate holder, PDC holders, quality, size of mesh, umerous reasons you need to confirm by looking at both.

Personally I wouldn't use xenonz.

Fitted S5 B9 recently for client, that was fun, 8P is slightly easier.

Matte mesh looks awful when dirty, I would go fully gloss black.

Sorry to thread hijack, but does anyone know if the facelift grills will fit a non-facelift.

found a nice oe black one from a 2010 and I have a 2005

Sorry to thread hijack, but does anyone know if the facelift grills will fit a non-facelift.

found a nice oe black one from a 2010 and I have a 2005

Ignore this. I think I know the answer. No

I shall wait for it to freeze over then!

can the chrome grill surround be removed to be painted or wrapped?

I've gone with the matte mesh. No hate! Will post results once finished.

I've gone with the matte mesh. No hate! Will post results once finished.
Please let me know how u got on & if it was an easy straight forward fit as I have 2010 facelift model A3 sportback S-line Quattro. Thanks

It fit perfectly. The trickiest part was getting the old grill off from the bumper, there's a number of plastic clips which hold the grill in place. The three hex screws at the top of the engine bay had rusted, 2 of which broke. Had to drill those through but you can get those from audi.

It fit perfectly. The trickiest part was getting the old grill off from the bumper, there's a number of plastic clips which hold the grill in place. The three hex screws at the top of the engine bay had rusted, 2 of which broke. Had to drill those through but you can get those from audi.
Thanks
Which one did u eventually go for...

https://go.skimresources.com/?id=19...c558ca771c9&xjsf=other_click__contextmenu [0]

Or this one...

https://go.skimresources.com/?id=19...c558ca771c9&xjsf=other_click__contextmenu [0]

I went for the one from hz dynamics. There is a slight gotcha. They dont provide a honeycomb badge holder which has the honeycomb mesh design behind it as opposed to the plastic fill (hope that makes sense). Looking on ebay the badger holder alone costs £50-60.

I went for the one from hz dynamics. There is a slight gotcha. They dont provide a honeycomb badge holder which has the honeycomb mesh design behind it as opposed to the plastic fill (hope that makes sense). Looking on ebay the badger holder alone costs £50-60.

Yes I know what ur meaning regarding the badge holder. I was thinking about leaving mine de-badged...

I hope that you haven't ordered the grill yet. The grill is indeed one of the few components that's difficult to find (an actual RS3 styled one).
I replaced the original grille on the A3 because it was cracked and damaged (presumably the previous owner hit a pole when parking and never bothered fixing it).

This is the grill I bought, it has the Audi logo embedded, and the mesh looks correct. This seller has multiple variants, including the quatro bottom part.
https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/4000662826944.html

Pictures:

If you bought a full mesh front and want to add a logo, you'd have to buy this grill as nobody sells a logo addon (I've read somewhere that it's because of a trademark or something like that).

It's a one-to-one fit, very easy to install, the foam board between the crash bar and the grill was a bit difficult to install, but it fits.

PS: It's for the facelifted model, 2008 and newer.

I managed to get a badge holder from parts4tuninguk on ebay for £20. They say its for their grill only, couldnt see why it won't fit my honeycomb grill. It's also clear (no small honeycomb mesh or plastic).

Gonna make this mod soon for my '07 prefacelift, gloss-black mesh/chrome frame.
Initially I was looking for a silver mesh, something like this;
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RS3-Hone...ome-Trim-Rings-Dark-Silver-Grill/302770276283
Can't find one that fits in my prefl (1) , so I was thinking about...painting it dark silver! But again, I don't think I want to ruin the beautiful glossblack. Maybe the dark silver would match better to my car's colour but glossblack makes the face of the car much different and more exciting. Here's is some photoshop to my actual car. This is how it should look like (2) (more or less tho, u can see the badge is not fully aligned) This set is provided with the 'filled holes' badge holder. I would prefer the 'empty holes' one (3) , but this isn't looking bad either and I also wouldn't spend 50£ for the honeycomb badge holder.
Set comes with a license plate holder too. Both badge & plate holders are detachable. What do you guys think??
D5zPHSB.jpg

Hi All,

I've got an A3 S-line, 60 plate, 2.0 diesel. I've been looking into swapping out the front grill. Reading around threads from <2014 this was not a straight conversion. However, I'm looking over on ebay and I can see grill's are sold as after market parts whereby I can swap my grill for the honeycomb grill. Is this the case? A straight swap?

At the top end I'm seeing xenonz for £170 :
https://www.xenonz.co.uk/store/p501/RS3-style-front-grill-gloss-black-for-Audi-A3-S3-2009-2012.html

At the other end, this is the cheapest I could find for £89.95:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A3-S3-8P-2008-2012-RS-STYLE-GRILLE-GLOSS-BLACK-HONEYCOMB-RADIATOR-BUMPER/273747911363?_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=20160908105057&meid=c0c71175b57a4711ab7ffcfa76f95b3b&pid=100675&rk=1&rkt=15&mehot=pp&sd=273747911363&itm=273747911363&pmt=0&noa=1&pg=2380057&_trksid=p2380057.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci:122f8622-2057-11eb-82d7-ca956a12330a|parentrq:9ea49ff41750a69d3f26fe56fffada00|iid:1

...What am I missing something here in terms of difference in price?

Secondly, I'm looking to convert my single tip exhaust end to a double. Any suggestions on an after market diffuser?

Thanks All!
Hi I have a 2010 sline a3 and want to get a honeycomb grill! What one would I get to fit?

RS3 style, gloss black as matt looks terrible when dirty, take note if you have front sensors as these need brackets plus the plate holders can interfere with sensor area.

Hi I have a 2010 sline a3 and want to get a honeycomb grill! What one would I get to fit?

For the grill, choose this one, it's identical to the actual RS3 grill. The logo is embedded and not applied on top. The mesh in the logo is as the RS3 grill has it.
The seller also has the grill with the quattro lettering, in case you want that. The grill comes with two parking sensor brackets, in case that's needed.
Contact the seller as well so that he can give you the correct license plate holder (US/EU style are available from my knowledge).

Regarding the foglight grills, for non s-line use these, for s-line use these. This seller also has grills that are for vehicles without fog lights, make sure to check if these are compatible with the s-line bumper.

Note that you'll definitely pay import fees over the grill (when I bought it, I had to pay 40 euro), but I got lucky with the fog light grills.

Reactions: No more and Danny1878
This is my one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk