A3/S3 8V MY16 Info/Rumour Thread

Ok so here is mine on my MY16:

Was using the sat nav, so nice to have clear instructions on the junction. But I'm sure when I test drove the MY15 it was 3D ????
Am not really seeing any difference in the MY16 SD Nav to the SD Nav I have in my January 2014 car. I get the same view / information as this screenshot. Am off out in a few mins, will take a photo.

Am not really seeing any difference in the MY16 SD Nav to the SD Nav I have in my January 2014 car. I get the same view / information as this screenshot. Am off out in a few mins, will take a photo.

Yeah i picked up mine up March 2015 and have the 3D and the exact same lay out.

For me, there is an option in the settings to change too 3D.

January 2014 car screens

Attachments

• IMG_2669.JPG
    IMG_2669.JPG
    459.7 KB · Views: 602
  • IMG_2676.JPG
    IMG_2676.JPG
    363.8 KB · Views: 572
  • IMG_2680.JPG
    IMG_2680.JPG
    366.9 KB · Views: 534
@Sean_Jaymo @Minion Bob! are your cars non-tech pack for the 3D Nav?

If so, am wondering if this is a firmware update or hardware update.

Could you post your firmware version here: http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/index.php?threads/What-do-we-know-about-the-MMI-in-the-A3?.202691/

New hardware would likely mean new firmware as well but wondering if there is hope for us with pre MY16 cars to get this. I don't have Nav enabled on mine but am tempted....
Mines non tech pack. Will post firmware tonight. One thing to note is that the new updated MY16 brochure book still clearly states that the SD Nav is 2D.... Which is strange.

Maybe another question to ask is is there a difference in if SD Nav Is activated at the factory compared to at a dealer (mine was at a dealer as my order had already locked down)

@DJAlix when and where was yours done?

I don't think anything has changed with the nav, i got my car in April and it's identical to the pics posted already. Its not what i would describe as 3d tbh, like all sat nav systems when u switch to "3d" it just tilts the map. To me proper 3d sat nav is when u got buildings popping up and stuff. Also the EPC light isn't a new feature.

Mines non tech pack. Will post firmware tonight. One thing to note is that the new updated MY16 brochure book still clearly states that the SD Nav is 2D.... Which is strange.

Maybe another question to ask is is there a difference in if SD Nav Is activated at the factory compared to at a dealer (mine was at a dealer as my order had already locked down)

@DJAlix when and where was yours done?
Mine was done sometime between the 26th and 30th Jan 2014 at the dealer.

Reactions: Minion Bob!
I don't think anything has changed with the nav, i got my car in April and it's identical to the pics posted already. Its not what i would describe as 3d tbh, like all sat nav systems when u switch to "3d" it just tilts the map. To me proper 3d sat nav is when u got buildings popping up and stuff. Also the EPC light isn't a new feature.

That's 3D landmarks and it's fairly new in the world of GPS and to be fair it's crap becuase you just have large white blocks On the screen that doesn't aid in seeing the road of giving you much use... I know the EPC isn't new I was just wondering what it actually is and if it was a fault... But come to the conclusion that it's just a l8ght that lights up on ignition on and stays on until the engine is started

Reactions: Tony1982
Those paddles just look like the ones on the Golf R. the pre MY16 ones are way better.

Reactions: drummerdimitri
2015 Paddle ......

9ONnlL9i

The pic of the 2016 one makes it look very short and stubby, I take it you can see it above the wheel ?

Does anyone have the part number and price for the MY2015 S-Tronic paddles please ??

Does anyone have the part number and price for the MY2015 S-Tronic paddles please ??

Well the A3 paddles are not quite as expensive as those for the R8.....

The part number for the paddles from 05/13 - 05/15 is 8V0 951 523 XHA soul/chrome and they are list at £180. (for a pair I think)
From 05/15 onwards the part number is 4H0 951 523 F XHA soul/chrome and these are listed at £67.92. Perhaps the price difference is the reason for the change and having a non-A3 specific initial part number (4H0) may mean they are the same as used on other models in the group.

Courtesy of Dave. Not sure how to post links to other threads.

Those MY16 paddles look identical to the ones I had in my 8P S3...

Having followed this discussion, when I went out in my A3 this morning I thought about the position of s-tronic paddles as I was driving. The drive was mostly through country lanes so quite a bit of manual mode gear changing. I tend to drive with my hands at the 10 to 2 position on the steering wheel and I found that the paddles are quite lower and I was, without thinking, either having to move my hand down to 9-3 position to change gear or changing with my little finger. Perhaps I should try some of the 'extended' paddles that curve up towards the top of the wheel as I could then change without moving my hands and use my index finger. Has anyone tried any of the extensions that are available?

Having followed this discussion, when I went out in my A3 this morning I thought about the position of s-tronic paddles as I was driving. The drive was mostly through country lanes so quite a bit of manual mode gear changing. I tend to drive with my hands at the 10 to 2 position on the steering wheel and I found that the paddles are quite lower and I was, without thinking, either having to move my hand down to 9-3 position to change gear or changing with my little finger. Perhaps I should try some of the 'extended' paddles that curve up towards the top of the wheel as I could then change without moving my hands and use my index finger. Has anyone tried any of the extensions that are available?
I have a set of these, got them a little cheaper tho.

Could not be ***** with removing the OEM paddles and installing the other metal types which are available, which cost a lot more also. Had them on for about a year now and they work well. Not had any issues with the 3M tape and the glossy black Finnish matches elements of my interior. Two small issues:
  1. You cannot use them with a single finger, on the top edges, else the Audi paddle pivots up / down in it's mounting and the needed gear change does not happen. I drive with my hands in the same positions as you and have not had any issue tho.
  2. The glossy plastic does not feel as nice to touch as the OEM paddle.

I changed the paddles on my mk6 golf gti for some Matt solid aluminium ones from osir, they were amazing quality, nice and heavy with good feedback. It's not a big job but the airbag removal can be a bit fiddly and it's like defusing a bomb trying to unclip it when it's right next to your face thinking it could go off at any minute ha

Yep, this is the 3D mode specific to the Tech Pack (only screenie I could find):

audi-mmi-navigation-nvision-08.jpg

It's always been there on the Tech Pack - you only get the grey blocks and landmark images in major cities though I think.

I'm the same as you - leave it in Google Earth mode :)

I'd be more inclined to say that was San Francisco but that's pure symantics. Looks great but I'd image the data involved to map all but the biggest cities would be huge.

Reactions: Minion Bob!
Hi All, just ordered a new S3 which should arrive early October. Dealer told me this would mean there will be some updates to the current spec including a very slight improvement in fuel economy, new s-tronic paddles (as discussed earlier in this thread) and the rear view mirror will be a new squarer design adopted from the current TT.

Apart from the improvement in economy (unless I'm mistaken) them changes have already occurred (recently)

Apart from the improvement in economy (unless I'm mistaken) them changes have already occurred (recently)
Ah ok, he was maybe only making me aware as it was MY15 literature I had with me when ordering.

Ah ok, he was maybe only making me aware as it was MY15 literature I had with me when ordering.

Not that I bought my S3 with economy in mind, I would love it to be a bit better lol - I suppose it's easily achieved with a lighter right foot lol, can't help it in this car though, hope the wait is bearable for u, u will love it when it gets here

Hi Everyone!

Took delivery of my new A3 today and its a MY16 car, so thought I'd just update all (Relevant pics attached)

• The rev counter has changed on the standard models too (previously we saw it in the RS3) therefore now the gauge shows off (engine off) and ready (auto/start stop kicked in but engine still on)
  • New interior mirror design, I've got the comfort pack and the switch is now under the mirror with a little green light, buttons no longer on the face of the mirror, it also seems a bit more square to me but not sure if I'm imagining this because my last test drive was back in April but one thing is for sure its a lot brighter during the day!!! so think the way the anti dazzle works has changed
  • On another note, I had SD Nav installed and its 3D!!
  • Also does anyone know what the EPC yellow light is? never seen this before on another car (books in the garage and im being lazy lol)

View attachment 61885

View attachment 61886

View attachment 61888

Btw my 2013 sd sat nav was 3d you just had to select it in settings :)

Now it's auto 3d . Also I've noticed the lights switch is different from 2013. Minor little differences :)

Lol no worries, was just the first generic pic I found online of the nav. I only recognise the building because I've been up it (long time ago, you can't any more) :)

on my2016 olufen and bang sound system subwoofer is not on the spare tire, got a spare tire and big speaker behind the rear seats at the top
(s3 saloon)

will do, when I get a chance, also rear view mirror is different its same as in the new TT as well.

My 2016 stubby paddles have arrived I'll fit them tomorrow.

Noooo bigger the better

Best to 'Go-Large' lol !!

Interestingly saw an RS3 when collecting them and that had the larger 2015 paddles on. May be the real reason for change cost save and more model differentiation ??

Maybe, don't think I'd like smaller paddles to be fair. How come your changing?

Whenever I use them my hands are at 'quarter-to-3' so no need for them to be that large and I quite like the idea of them being more subtle. I'll keep the originals just in case and swap them back if I can't get on with the stubbies.

Reactions: WarwickL
on my2016 olufen and bang sound system subwoofer is not on the spare tire, got a spare tire and big speaker behind the rear seats at the top
(s3 saloon)

The sub has always been under the parcel shelf in the saloon - no change there.

Reactions: tektrob