A3/S3 delivery lead time?

I got a very good discount/incentive for my S3 Vorsprung at Cardiff Audi. I wasn't happy with the part ex value they offered so the salesman suggested to sell it privately. I did and got 5k more than they were offering. I still kept the discount. Only trouble is, I sold my car in May and have been without one since!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
A question if I may, did you exclude your PX at the point of doing the original deal or some time after (say in a different sales quarter)?

A question if I may, did you exclude your PX at the point of doing the original deal or some time after (say in a different sales quarter)?
At the point of ordering

Car ordered March, just been given an estimated build slot of week 14. Even if this is brought forward, by the time the car is delivered it will almost be a year from order. Now into my second extention of my current PCP. Less than ideal.

Just had an update from my broker…

Unfortunately, with lockdowns, semi conductor shortages and factory annual shutdowns there isn’t much movement/information on your order at the moment.

The order status is currently at status 0, the factory have put all orders to this status whilst they figure out their rescheduling, at the moment we are not being given a timescale on when build weeks will be allocated to orders however the dealership are constantly in communication with the factory and will of course let us know as soon as more information comes through.

We would like to assure you that these delays are happening across the globe with all manufacturers and isn’t specific to your order.

We thank you for your patience during these testing times and hope to give you some positive information in the near future.

Car ordered March, just been given an estimated build slot of week 14. Even if this is brought forward, by the time the car is delivered it will almost be a year from order. Now into my second extention of my current PCP. Less than ideal.
What week 14 next year ?

Just had an update from my broker…

Unfortunately, with lockdowns, semi conductor shortages and factory annual shutdowns there isn’t much movement/information on your order at the moment.

The order status is currently at status 0, the factory have put all orders to this status whilst they figure out their rescheduling, at the moment we are not being given a timescale on when build weeks will be allocated to orders however the dealership are constantly in communication with the factory and will of course let us know as soon as more information comes through.

We would like to assure you that these delays are happening across the globe with all manufacturers and isn’t specific to your order.

We thank you for your patience during these testing times and hope to give you some positive information in the near future.
Best get used to it, I have had the same message since ordered in March. Now being told week 14 next year. My daughter ordered before me, she is now being told week 20

Yes unfortunately.
Omg i was talking to my salesman yesterday and I raised the question about if you can’t give me a build week this year just give me a build week next but has no idea with what’s going on he also mentioned every order of his is delayed

I ordered A3 Vorsprung saloon on 16th April and was told by dealer a couple of weeks ago that I had a confirmed build week of 37 which is next weeK. I contacted him again today and he said it still shows build week 37 however he did caveat that with “will know for definite next week “ so I’m preparing myself for a last minute delay!

I ordered A3 Vorsprung saloon on 16th April and was told by dealer a couple of weeks ago that I had a confirmed build week of 37 which is next weeK. I contacted him again today and he said it still shows build week 37 however he did caveat that with “will know for definite next week “ so I’m preparing myself for a last minute delay!
Oh no !! I have next week as a confirmed build week too.
Hope it doesn't get pushed back again ! I think I've convinced myself that it isn't going to happen this year

Best get used to it, I have had the same message since ordered in March. Now being told week 14 next year. My daughter ordered before me, she is now being told week 20
I ordered in March as well. Initially told june.

Long time lurker , first time poster .
To replace my wifes TTS we ordered a new S3 vorsprung saloon in January .Obviously the dealer can't give us a build date . My wife tried to contact Audi on twitter but I'm not sure she did it correctly .
Could some one explain in simple terms ( please remember I have never used twitter and don't really want to !!!) the correct way to contact Audi through twitter .
I'm getting more and more disheartened when I read of other peoples build dates , but we would like to know a rough idea of when would get this car
Thanks

I have just used Twitter for the first time to message Audi. You search for Audi Uk customer service then there is an ‘envelope’ which is a private message. Just put the order number and your question there and they email you back.

Not that it has helped me any more. They do not give you a straight answer, just in my case ‘ In production’ but it’s been that at stage 20 for 3 weeks. I asked if that meant it was built, not built, due to be built etc but all I got was that there is a parts shortage, my vehicle is affected and to contact the Audi dealer for ‘options’.
Don’t know what options means !
I ordered January as well.

I have just used Twitter for the first time to message Audi. You search for Audi Uk customer service then there is an ‘envelope’ which is a private message. Just put the order number and your question there and they email you back.

Not that it has helped me any more. They do not give you a straight answer, just in my case ‘ In production’ but it’s been that at stage 20 for 3 weeks. I asked if that meant it was built, not built, due to be built etc but all I got was that there is a parts shortage, my vehicle is affected and to contact the Audi dealer for ‘options’.
Don’t know what options means !
I ordered January as well.
Thanks for the help , Audi replied with a build week of 50 , December 20th .The order was placed January the 18th , bet we don’t get it until after January 18 , 2022 !!!!!

Thanks for the help , Audi replied with a build week of 50 , December 20th .The order was placed January the 18th , bet we don’t get it until after January 18 , 2022 !!!!!
What the actual ......

That's disappointing on a whole new level. I don't think I could wait that long. Was your build date unconfirmed or confirmed?

@Duncs I think I've solved the riddle of your Part Ex disappointment...... I spoke to my Audi dealership who confimed that if it's a Audi being used in a part ex that would mean you would be getting additional loyalty discounts. So if you take away the Audi from the Part Ex.you lose the the loyalty discount.

Really hope it stays the same B/W for you .
I ordered a S3 Vorsprung early Feb my current B/W is 48

Car ordered in March, now been given estimated build week 14. I've been told by dealer not to worry as this will move and be build considerably sooner. Has anyone had experience for the build date being brought forward.
Cheers

Car ordered in March, now been given estimated build week 14. I've been told by dealer not to worry as this will move and be build considerably sooner. Has anyone had experience for the build date being brought forward.
Cheers
I was originally told bw 44 then 40 it was locked in at 37 eventually.
You ordered the month after me tho so week 14 is crazy !!

I was originally told bw 44 then 40 it was locked in at 37 eventually.
You ordered the month after me tho so week 14 is crazy !!
Sure is, so much so I would like to cancel however there is nothing else available.

Cheers
At one point my draft build date went from week 45 to week 7 of 2022..... it was then brought forward to week 47 and hasn't moved since

I ordered on the 01/05/21.. A3 35TFSI,S Line,Turbo Blue, diamond cut alloys, flat bottom steering wheel, Ambient lighting.

Reactions: pafcpilgrim
At one point my draft build date went from week 45 to week 7 of 2022..... it was then brought forward to week 47 and hasn't moved since

I ordered on the 01/05/21.. A3 35TFSI,S Line,Turbo Blue, diamond cut alloys, flat bottom steering wheel, Ambient lighting.
Thanks, that will be a nice car, happy motoring when it arrives.

Thanks, that will be a nice car, happy motoring when it arrives.
Thanks. ... such a pain we have to wait this long... but what can we do??

I've had a few wobbles with my colour choice of turbo blue..... but I'm sticking with it

Cheers
Yes, for a long time had no info then told build week 47 unconfirme, 3 weeks ago told I had been allocated week 37 confirmed. My dealer told me on Friday this is still showing confirmed 37 so fingers crossed . Ordered A3 Vorsprung saloon 35TFSi in DG with storage pack as only extra on 16th April

Confirmed build weeks mean absolutely nothing. I’m May I was told confirmed BW27 ( July), still haven’t got the car, The dealer and Audi UK still say it’s BW27 but it’s at stage 20.
When I ask how it can be week 27 and it’s still not here they just say that’s all they know and it’s ‘In production’ whatever that means I really do t know.
Surely Audi themselves know exactly what stage it is at so why don’t they just say what is going on. It’s a complete shambles.
After 8 months I am really considering cancelling on Monday especially with all the issues at the moment. A friend with a new skoda is ha Img the same electrical problems and it has been back 4 times and went into limp mode today

Confirmed build weeks mean absolutely nothing. I’m May I was told confirmed BW27 ( July), still haven’t got the car, The dealer and Audi UK still say it’s BW27 but it’s at stage 20.
When I ask how it can be week 27 and it’s still not here they just say that’s all they know and it’s ‘In production’ whatever that means I really do t know.
Surely Audi themselves know exactly what stage it is at so why don’t they just say what is going on. It’s a complete shambles.
After 8 months I am really considering cancelling on Monday especially with all the issues at the moment. A friend with a new skoda is ha Img the same electrical problems and it has been back 4 times and went into limp mode today
Fair point, as I said on previous posts I’m not holding my breath that it will be built then. I’m pretty fortunate in that I’m in no rush for it but certainly feel for those that really need their cars within a reasonable time frame, and coming from 4 previous BMW’s where the service was often middling to poor Audi seems to be devoid of any concept of customer service

Mine was also BW27 and I still don’t have it. They have promised October but I’ll believe it when I see it outside my house! My leasing company told me it was built but they can’t confirm if it’s ready to ship. Said I have to ask again in 2 weeks

Long time lurker, first time poster

Ordered A3 S line 30 TFSI Daytona with Y spoke alloys and Ambient Lighting pack on 4th May, dealer said would be ok for delivery end of September

First update in June was I had an unconfirmed BW of 28 and all was going well, then no update in July, chased for an update in August and then received an email stating that currently I had no build week assigned and what they are seeing now is Audi are confirming build weeks, the week before they are built (not what I am seeing in reality on this forum)

Got my Audi order number and spoke to Twitter team who confirmed it was at status 0, I asked when the order was placed on their system (confirmed spec was what I ordered) and they said it was received by factory on 02/02/2021, huh?!

Accepting the fact I am unlikely to see my new car this year…

Has anyone had anything similar? Just seems strange to have a BW and then no BW at all

I placed my order for the S3 Vorsprung at the start of April and was told to expect delivery in October. I chased this up with the dealer recently and was told it’s been updated to BW 50 (unconfirmed). It’s not looking likely I’ll get the car this year by the sounds of it… Ironically sold the current A200 to WeBuyAnyCar last week thinking I’d only need to be without for a few weeks!

This is the blanket email my dealer sent out about the delays if anyone’s interested.

We know it has been a short while since your most recent update on your vehicle and wanted to give you a bit more background into why it is taking a bit longer than usual for your car to arrive.

You may have seen in the media recently that there have been delays with motor manufacturers due to a global shortage with semiconductors, which is largely to blame for the delays and extended lead times we are experiencing.

Here are some FAQs to simplify this for you to explain what it means for you and your car:

What is a semiconductor?

Whatever device you are seeing this email on, it will be using at least one semiconductor. Pretty much all modern electrical items will use them.

In slightly more detail, semiconductor devices are the home for transistors and diodes, which are the brains of computer chips. Semiconductors mean electricity can flow through devices, allowing them to operate, and then usefully do things for us.

In 2018 there were more than 1,000 billion semiconductors shipped. That’s almost 150 semiconductors for each person on earth – just in 1 year!

Why is there a shortage?

Because of the global pandemic almost EVERYTHING has been affected. As there have been fewer opportunities to go out and do things, lots of people have been buying more tech. Some have been buying new computer equipment for working at home, iPad for those valuable zoom pub quizzes and plenty more people got into gaming with both the new Xbox and Playstation making an appearance in last 12 months.

Companies that make the semiconductors have been affected like all companies, factories haven’t been able to work the same, and the social distancing element has hugely cut production as not as many people can work. Therefore, supply has been limited.

Sadly, car manufacturers have been put to the back of the queue when waiting for these chips. Major tech giants like Apple and Samsung will be getting the most due to the sheer volume they order. For example, Apple spend more than 50 billion dollars a year on them whilst Toyota spend 4 billion. It makes economic sense to give Apple priority.

When am I likely to get my car?

So, the bit you really want to know, right? When will I get my car? Usually, we are given a build-week for your car quite quickly. This is no longer happening. Manufacturers are working on a basis that they will provide us with a build-week and build your car the following week.

Normally, we would have confirmation 4 weeks prior to confirmation of this build-week and guide you through the transition from in transit from the factory, to the port of exit, shipping and arrival at the UK port.

With the changes, vehicles, once built, tend to take anything from 4-12 weeks to arrive in the UK, depending where they are built in the world.

We know this isn’t the answer you want, or we want to give you, but cars are very much still in production and your car will be built. They are just taking much longer than normal.

The situation is changing quickly and very much out of control. The good news us that you’re in the que and your order is price protected*.

When will I be updated?

We have now started a text messaging service. You should have had a few messages from us by now. We are keeping in touch this way, so you know where we are. Once your vehicle has a build-slot, the delivery team will be in touch with more precise information via email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long time lurker, first time poster

Ordered A3 S line 30 TFSI Daytona with Y spoke alloys and Ambient Lighting pack on 4th May, dealer said would be ok for delivery end of September

First update in June was I had an unconfirmed BW of 28 and all was going well, then no update in July, chased for an update in August and then received an email stating that currently I had no build week assigned and what they are seeing now is Audi are confirming build weeks, the week before they are built (not what I am seeing in reality on this forum)

Got my Audi order number and spoke to Twitter team who confirmed it was at status 0, I asked when the order was placed on their system (confirmed spec was what I ordered) and they said it was received by factory on 02/02/2021, huh?!

Accepting the fact I am unlikely to see my new car this year…

Has anyone had anything similar? Just seems strange to have a BW and then no BW at all
I ordered my A3 edition1 in May and had an unconfirmed built week of 36 for two days then went back to status 0 at factory awaiting confirmation, where it remained till last week. I now have estimated build week 14, which Is 28th March 2022. Rubbish really. I would hold your breath.

So. Pushed back another 7 weeks. From build week 47 to build week 2. I feel like screaming!!
91e2b64572271734a2a043c66335b080.jpg

Cheers
Me. My original build week was 48 but it actually started in BW27.

Order placed 3rd of April.
S3 Vorsprung in daytona grey

Mine was ordered the first week in Feb. Originally bw 27 then kept on going up. Was supposed to be 38 now 39 after chasing up but I cannot see me getting it this year going by the messages on the forum. So annoyed with it all now. I hope they bring yours forward

Mine was ordered the first week in Feb. Originally bw 27 then kept on going up. Was supposed to be 38 now 39 after chasing up but I cannot see me getting it this year going by the messages on the forum. So annoyed with it all now. I hope they bring yours forward
Yeah. I think my original build week was 29. Hope we get them soon. I'm losing hope!!

My draft build date has slipped from week 47 to week 49....

Ive offically given up hope on receiving the car this year.