A3/S3 delivery lead time?

Think my mothers neighbour is hogging all the 71 plates, they've got two on the drive! (One a Audi Q2, the other a Kia Sportage), but they're the only two I've seen since the beginning of the month come to think of it.
The only others I’ve seen like you is my dads Ford Ranger and their neighbours 4 series.

I’ve got the same confirmed build week as you but mine hasnt started production yet either. Still stage/status 20.
I don't see the point of a confirmed build week for it not to be built
The last message they answered was within an hour with the exact same message as before. I think they are just sending me generic emails without actually checking

I don't see the point of a confirmed build week for it not to be built
The last message they answered was within an hour with the exact same message as before. I think they are just sending me generic emails without actually checking

Mine is still showing the same confirmed build week despite it being in the past.

I can only assume it’s “locked in” and so will be built next in the queue. Any others with confirmed builds will follow on afterwards but presumably delayed by the same timeframes (unless they can squeeze more in than they had originally anticipated).

Who knows…

Whilst that is the information they give out via the customer service channels, they do have more. It just seems they actively are these days preventing this extra information being disclosed.

Back when I ordered my Polo and current A3, they allowed you to track via VW and Audi branded order trackers online (assume it was the same for the rest of the Volkswagen Group too). The UI wasn't that informative but the trick was to inspect the network requests in your browsers network tab, which revealed payload data that went more in depth about sub-states of statuses and there were threads on other forums about what code meant what status. I even remember going beyond that where we were learning the transport ship names so we could track them from Emden to the UK (was young and had way too much time on my hands). Don't know why they got rid of these online trackers as typically companies want you to not contact them so they can save on support staff.

Reactions: Ludus
Well, my order I put in just over a week ago that was estimated for "Early May 2022", has now slipped to "Late July 2022" . so slipped well over two months in a week, never known anything like it. At this rate, we'll all get our new cars in time for Petrol cars being banned lol :sadlike:

My car arrives at the dealership on Thursday! I'm finally nearing the end of this 10 month journey, can't wait now!

Reactions: DissentingWorm, Hassaan_1, jdon2008 and 5 others
My car arrives at the dealership on Thursday! I'm finally nearing the end of this 10 month journey, can't wait now!
Great, good to hear positive news. Still hopeful mine will start to get built this week but still cannot get any answers and asked to wait until next week for an update.

Is that around 2 weeks from leaving Emden to arriving at the dealer ?
Mine was ‘apparently’ Port of exit released on Monday so I presume that means it’s was being put on a ship then.
Just trying to work out how long it takes from being released to arriving in the Uk then to the dealer.
They don’t rush do they !

Is that around 2 weeks from leaving Emden to arriving at the dealer ?
Mine was ‘apparently’ Port of exit released on Monday so I presume that means it’s was being put on a ship then.
Just trying to work out how long it takes from being released to arriving in the Uk then to the dealer.
They don’t rush do they !
Yes, mine only took a couple of days to actually arrive in the UK after getting to Emden, it's the dealership collecting the car that's taking so long.

Confirmed build week 37 for me however still showing no chassis number so I doubt it’s even started. Now saying ETA of November but happy to accept its going to be in the new year I see it (April order date)

Has anyone had this same email? Sounds like they’re trying to butter me up… wonder what could be in store?

4BF243B8 A6C6 44B1 9CB8 42F258272D7B

Reactions: RS3ree
There’s no catch. I went and saw U2 in the Audi Box with hospitality at Manchester Arena a couple of years ago using Audi Presents. I suppose the only catch is being able to get the event you want due to demand.

On the subject of car lead times, I ordered an S3 Vorsprung April this year and after many changes of manufacturing date, it’s now week 8 next year.

There’s no catch. I went and saw U2 in the Audi Box with hospitality at Manchester Arena a couple of years ago using Audi Presents. I suppose the only catch is being able to get the event you want due to demand.

On the subject of car lead times, I ordered an S3 Vorsprung April this year and after many changes of manufacturing date, it’s now week 8 next year.
Oh dear. I've also ordered an S3 vorsprung in daytona grey in April. So far it's unconfirmed week 47

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

There’s no catch. I went and saw U2 in the Audi Box with hospitality at Manchester Arena a couple of years ago using Audi Presents. I suppose the only catch is being able to get the event you want due to demand
Sounds good! At first I thought it was similar to the Audi VIP event I was invited to a few years ago, when I had my 8V.

It was at a country manor just outside of Bristol and you got to drive a load of high performance Audi's out on the road, food was put on, goodie bags, simulators etc. I was lucky enough to drive the TTRS, RS6, RS4 & RSQ3. Was a great day - would love to do it again.

Confirmed build week 37 for me however still showing no chassis number so I doubt it’s even started. Now saying ETA of November but happy to accept its going to be in the new year I see it (April order date)

Same confirmed week as mine - really hope it’s not going to drag until the new year…

Ordered A3 Vorsprung saloon in Daytona Grey 16th April and eventually given build week 37 confirmed. Spoke to my dealer this morning who said build is taking place and they should have confirmation of completion by Monday so fingers crossed. He also said things appear to be moving better now so hope for all who are waiting

Reactions: Maddave
Ordered A3 Vorsprung saloon in Daytona Grey 16th April and eventually given build week 37 confirmed. Spoke to my dealer this morning who said build is taking place and they should have confirmation of completion by Monday so fingers crossed. He also said things appear to be moving better now so hope for all who are waiting
I hope your right!!

They are making them!!

out of curiosity, do you have the Audi phone box? Been told last week they won’t be building mine with it as they are no longer offering it.
Mines not coming with phone box. Been told I get a £150 good will payment when I receive the car

Glad you've finally picked yours up (shame about the weather), love those alloys, I've spec'd those on mine too. Happy driving!! :)
Yeah I've managed to get it when there's no fuel and there's nothing but rain for weeks! :tearsofjoy: They're definitely the nicest wheels on the mainstream market imo!
So there’s proof it can be done!!!!

Definitely, it just takes 10 months!
They are making them!!

out of curiosity, do you have the Audi phone box? Been told last week they won’t be building mine with it as they are no longer offering it.
As far as I know i've got it, I haven't been told otherwise. The car doesn't get delivered till tomorrow so i'll confirm then.

Reactions: NigelG
Mines not coming with phone box. Been told I get a £150 good will payment when I receive the car

When and how were you told this? It's quite a key feature for me and was essential when ordering the vehicle, if it turns out I don't have it upon delivery I would be very tempted to reject the entire car, yes I know it sounds petty, but it's more than just a wireless charger. £150 compensation won't cut it i'm afraid.

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Jassyo06
When and how were you told this? It's quite a key feature for me and was essential when ordering the vehicle, if it turns out I don't have it upon delivery I would be very tempted to reject the entire car, yes I know it sounds petty, but it's more than just a wireless charger. £150 compensation won't cut it i'm afraid.
I was told by lease company two weeks ago, sent the attached

Attachments

• BB1A77A1-A636-4C73-B712-2F94C306794D.jpeg
    BB1A77A1-A636-4C73-B712-2F94C306794D.jpeg
    108.6 KB · Views: 196
I ordered my A2 July 27th was told there would be a 21 week wait as there wasn't one available .My order stated 31/12/21 as expected delivery date. I emailed for an update and was told it should be going into build mud Jan and I should receive it march at this rate they will have updated the car before I get it

Where do you all monitor progress ?

I ordered my A2 July 27th was told there would be a 21 week wait as there wasn't one available .My order stated 31/12/21 as expected delivery date. I emailed for an update and was told it should be going into build mud Jan and I should receive it march at this rate they will have updated the car before I get it

Don't hold your breath. Mine was ordered in March, with a delivery of Sept. Latest estimated build is week 6- Feb next year...
Good luck.
Send Audi UK a direct message on Twitter asking for updates. You will need your order number.
All the best

Reactions: JustLulu

Exactly a month after my order. Mines currently an unconfirmed build of 8th November.

I use Facebook messenger for my updates. What's your spec?

Exactly a month after my order. Mines currently an unconfirmed build of 8th November.

I use Facebook messenger for my updates. What's your spec?
I had this yesterday from Facebook:

Hi Nick. Thanks for waiting, and we hope you're well. We've checked you order and it currently has an unconfirmed build week of 15th November 2021. As it's unconfirmed it could change and will be confirmed by the Factory approximately 2 weeks beforehand. Please be assured that we're are working hard to deliver your chosen vehicle as quickly as possible, and your Selling Centre can also keep you up to date on what's happening. Please do feel free to check in with us again over the coming weeks for further updates, we'll be happy to assist.

I ordered 16th June, Edition 1, s-tronic with Daytona Grey paint as the only option.

I had this yesterday from Facebook:

Hi Nick. Thanks for waiting, and we hope you're well. We've checked you order and it currently has an unconfirmed build week of 15th November 2021. As it's unconfirmed it could change and will be confirmed by the Factory approximately 2 weeks beforehand. Please be assured that we're are working hard to deliver your chosen vehicle as quickly as possible, and your Selling Centre can also keep you up to date on what's happening. Please do feel free to check in with us again over the coming weeks for further updates, we'll be happy to assist.

I ordered 16th June, Edition 1, s-tronic with Daytona Grey paint as the only option.
That's interesting, you've ordered a week before me, yet have a later build date. I've got an SLine with a few options.... It must be the larger virtual cockpit holding yours up?

I checked with them today on the status of my order
Confirmed build week 37 (13th September) - not started production yet

That's interesting, you've ordered a week before me, yet have a later build date. I've got an SLine with a few options.... It must be the larger virtual cockpit holding yours up?
I know it’s strange. I didn’t think the larger display was an issue but at the moment anything could be holding it up. I don’t think I’ll see it this side of the year which is a shame. I sold my car back in April too.

I know it’s strange. I didn’t think the larger display was an issue but at the moment anything could be holding it up. I don’t think I’ll see it this side of the year which is a shame. I sold my car back in April too.
I'm car less at the moment as well, sold it at the end of August, cashed in on the used car market. In all honesty I'd hoped to see my new car mid November, but that didn't happen. Starting to wish I'd kept my old car a little longer.