A3/S3 delivery lead time?

Well, made up and let down during the same phone call !
Got a call from my leasing company yesterday informing me that my car was now pdi’d, registered and was ready for delivery and I was given the registration number. Great news.
Then, I was told delivery would be on the 25th as it has to be 14 days from signing the lease agreement so I have to wait 2 weeks when my car is sitting doing nothing.
This will be my 4th lease car and I have never experienced this with any of the previous cars but they are adamant it cannot be delivered until after the 14 day cooling off period.
Waiting since January and am still waiting !

That doesn't sound right if you ordered in January. Presumably, your lease agreement was signed around January also and that would be when the 14 day period commenced, not now that it's registered.

When I ordered mine (factory order on a lease), my lease agreement with the funder was signed when I ordered. When I was notified the car was with the dealer, I arranged delivery about a week later (that's when it was PDI'd and prepped for delivery. It was registered on the day of delivery). The 14 day period on leases usually applies to stock cars, even if the car is physically available for immediate delivery you have to wait for 14 days after signing any funding agreement.

Of course it's possible things have changed since I ordered mine over a year ago. Maybe, in these times of long lead times, funding agreements are only approved when delivery is confirmed. When I ordered mine, I was approved with the funder and quoted 12-14 weeks to delivery. When 3 months passed I had to be credit checked again by the funder and again when it extended beyond a 6 month wait.

Last edited:
It’s the contempt they appear to display and lack of information from Audi that I find frustrating. Spending up to £40k on a car does not appear to be important enough to engage regularly with customers. I’ve had 4 previous BMW’s and to be fair the customer service wasn’t perfect by any stretch but this lot takes the biscuit. I’m too far in to cancel now particularly with the market the way it is so just sitting and waiting
I feel exactly the same , just contacted Audi via messenger, and their system is down so unable to give updates.
For such a prestige brand ,like you finding it incredible the lack of communication.
This was the message I received:-

Hi David, thanks for your query. We appreciate the information, however we have had system issues in regards to accurate order updates and we regret to inform that we will not be able to provide any order updates until this issue has not been resolved by our technicians. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and suggest to get in touch with us by next week and hopefully we should have an update for you. Apologies once again and have a great day.

The credit check was done in January before they accepted the order and only the order for the car was signed at that point.
The car was registered the day after it arrived at the dealer ( last Friday ) and with it being the weekend it was yesterday the leasing company got in touch.
They said that although the finance company had approved the leasing contract the paperwork wasn’t signed until I returned it to them yesterday and that is when the 14 days ‘cooling off’ period starts.
I don’t know what they think it going to happen, wait 9 months for a car, get it delivered then change your mind.
I asked if it made any difference if I collected it rather than being delivered but it makes no difference.
Oh well, 13 days !

It’ll be worth the 13 days wait. I’m still waiting on an update for mine. I had also ordered a Ford Ranger through a leasing company, signed everything then it went quiet for a while until they delivered the car to my house without even telling me they were delivering it on that day. As it happened I was working from home that day which was lucky. They originally told me mid October but that showed up the 2nd week of September.

week and half until my car arrives at the dealership... what could possibly go wrong :flushed:

• Haha
Reactions: NigelG, MA3RC and Maddave
week and half until my car arrives at the dealership... what could possibly go wrong :flushed:
Good, here's hoping all goes as planned. Send in some photographs, lets us all know they are actually being built, lol

• Haha
Reactions: Maddave and NigelG
Hi, just the comfort and sound ( I wanted heated seats). I wasn’t aware off the other options that I could get until after I ordered and I couldn’t add on.

I wish now I would have added in the Extended Ambient Lighting, but apparently I can't do that now as it would mess things up .. kind of regretting not going for the automatic as well now (but that's a bigger change!) .. I will put my new order in for that this time next year as it might be ready then come 2024! lol.

Reactions: Paisley Princess
I wish now I would have added in the Extended Ambient Lighting, but apparently I can't do that now as it would mess things up .. kind of regretting not going for the automatic as well now (but that's a bigger change!) .. I will put my new order in for that this time next year as it might be ready then come 2024! lol.
How come you can't add them on? I've managed to add both of those options to my build, with no disruption to build times. In fact adding the auto moved my date 2 weeks ahead

Good, here's hoping all goes as planned. Send in some photographs, lets us all know they are actually being built, lol
I'm just waiting for the delays at the UK ports to be the next excuse. Yes, I will do! It might restore some faith in deliveries :sweat:

Reactions: Rads
Hi, just the comfort and sound ( I wanted heated seats). I wasn’t aware off the other options that I could get until after I ordered and I couldn’t add on.
I just went with the standard edition 1 myself

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

My company ordered my car on the 8th of Feb. A3 Sportback 35 TFSI edition 1 in black with comfort and sound pack. Was originally week 29 then pushed back several times to week 39. This has passed and still no update as it is still unconfirmed. Audi now can’t give an update as system is down which I find very convenient. My company have just checked with the lease company and the car is now showing 12/02/2022 on their portal. Not sure who to believe now and am just so annoyed with it all.

My company ordered my car on the 8th of Feb. A3 Sportback 35 TFSI edition 1 in black with comfort and sound pack. Was originally week 29 then pushed back several times to week 39. This has passed and still no update as it is still unconfirmed. Audi now can’t give an update as system is down which I find very convenient. My company have just checked with the lease company and the car is now showing 12/02/2022 on their portal. Not sure who to believe now and am just so annoyed with it all.
I'm the same. No idea what's happening. My car apparently hasn't started being built, is also on hold and expected to go through final checks in Nov. I'm even more confused

After liaising with our Product Marketing Team, I can confirm that the vehicle was given a confirmed build week of 37, 13 September 2021. However, it has not yet showing as started in production and is currently on hold. It is currently estimated that the vehicle will reach Checkpoint 8 by 13 November 2021. Checkpoint 8 is when the vehicle passes through Quality Control before leaving the Factory.

Well just got an update re my order. Didn't expect much but build having been brought forward to 2nd week in December thought my next update would have seen it move to confirmed. Not to be, pushed back to middle of Feb. Ordered edition 1 in March with expected delivery September. Will be a year at this rate. Good friend ordered his end of July, was told to expect delivery March 2022, however picked it up yesterday. Absolutely no rhyme or reason with Audi. They hold utter contemp for their customer.
Anyone looking to grab my build slot..

Well just got an update re my order. Didn't expect much but build having been brought forward to 2nd week in December thought my next update would have seen it move to confirmed. Not to be, pushed back to middle of Feb. Ordered edition 1 in March with expected delivery September. Will be a year at this rate. Good friend ordered his end of July, was told to expect delivery March 2022, however picked it up yesterday. Absolutely no rhyme or reason with Audi. They hold utter contemp for their customer.
Its disgusting isn't it. My partner ordered a brand new Qashqai in August. Factory order that is top of the range. So Pano roof, wireless charger, keyless entry, heads up display etc. All of the stuff Audi are struggling with. She's picking it up in a fortnight.

How have Audi managed to get this so wrong!!

Reactions: ego208
That’s ridiculous. I ordered start of June and I’m still waiting for a confirmed date, it’s moved about 5 times already. Also ordered Edition 1.

Its disgusting isn't it. My partner ordered a brand new Qashqai in August. Factory order that is top of the range. So Pano roof, wireless charger, keyless entry, heads up display etc. All of the stuff Audi are struggling with. She's picking it up in a fortnight.

They don't seem to be able to deal with a crisis and appear to have no structure or thought process in dealing with same. I really don't want the car anymore.

A standard edition 1 is very well equipped standard which is good. The one reason I went for that over the S-Line.
I was between that and the Q3 but fell in love when I saw it

I ordered July looking at Feb/march should have been dec

From what I understand certain colours with different specs cause different delays so if the spec you want is available but in the wrong colour then it's a respray but if there is a car in your colour but not spec that's from scratch . That's what I was told

It's not the equipment it's the processing chips which are specific to the maker

I'm awaiting an S3 and it has been 5 months now, with the new delivery date around the end of November. The car is in production since August (locked configuration and the term the dealer used is "in production") but without a VIN number so far. Is it worth mentioning when I ordered it in May the delivery on the contract was 10-14weeks? I pressed the dealer last week and he showed me in the system that a new S3 configured right on the spot has a delivery in 22 weeks, that is what the system gave him automatically. Also I saw in the system cars that had an estimate of delivery week 37 and last week we were in week 40. The factory just did not bother updating.
It's pretty embarrassing for Audi AG to mislead people. Of course if probably most of us would have had the realistic maybe 6-9 months or more until delivery, some for sure would have dropped the order. Just the way they lead on the customers with next month, then the other and so on is anything but professional. And this is way beyond what a dealer can do.
I'm not from the UK, but I see the practice is the same everywhere.

Been pushed back to week 49 now... 6th December :sob:

How come you can't add them on? I've managed to add both of those options to my build, with no disruption to build times. In fact adding the auto moved my date 2 weeks ahead

My problem is that I ordered mine through a work based scheme, so all that got priced up and the order sent off .. The dealer only deals with them, not me (even though I'm the customer) until the point of delivery. For me to change anything, the scheme won't .. they cancel the order and then I have to start again. No doubt if I did that, I would get pushed further down the list and I'd end up writing off the month between my current order and the new one. Guess it's a trade off between me wanting to make the changes, or living without them until next time (ironically, if I configure the exact same model through my scheme, and add in the Enhanced lighting pack, it's actually now showing a cheaper monthly cost - as the GMFV figure quoted has increased by £700 since my other order, so there's less on finance!)

Hey guys
Those of you who have had your cars delivered, what was the wait time from it leaving the factory to taking delivery?
My RS3 is on its way to the port now so hoping to get a rough idea :yahoo:

Made the decision to move from BMW this year to Audi and I can only say it’s the most regrettable decision I have made.
I ordered my car in March 21 with an estimated delivery of June 21. However, my order was only accepted recently and I’m still awaiting a build week now. I’ve basically been without a car for 7 months due to repeated promises and let downs by Audi. There seems to be no logic to the order in which Audi are fulfilling earlier orders.
To add insult to injury, I’ve just tried to get an update on my order. Audi uk telephone said they are no longer allowed to provide updates. Audi Uk messenger have now said to their system isn’t working.
Does anything within Audi work right ‍‍‍

Made the decision to move from BMW this year to Audi and I can only say it’s the most regrettable decision I have made.
I ordered my car in March 21 with an estimated delivery of June 21. However, my order was only accepted recently and I’m still awaiting a build week now. I’ve basically been without a car for 7 months due to repeated promises and let downs by Audi. There seems to be no logic to the order in which Audi are fulfilling earlier orders.
To add insult to injury, I’ve just tried to get an update on my order. Audi uk telephone said they are no longer allowed to provide updates. Audi Uk messenger have now said to their system isn’t working.
Does anything within Audi work right ‍‍‍

View attachment 244477
I ordered in June with October delivery yet I’m still awaiting a build. What I don’t understand is that there’s people who ordered in July time who have already taken delivery. I’d love to know how they select which orders to build as it seems to be very random. My builds already moved about 5 times and still unconfirmed.

My problem is that I ordered mine through a work based scheme, so all that got priced up and the order sent off .. The dealer only deals with them, not me (even though I'm the customer) until the point of delivery. For me to change anything, the scheme won't .. they cancel the order and then I have to start again. No doubt if I did that, I would get pushed further down the list and I'd end up writing off the month between my current order and the new one. Guess it's a trade off between me wanting to make the changes, or living without them until next time (ironically, if I configure the exact same model through my scheme, and add in the Enhanced lighting pack, it's actually now showing a cheaper monthly cost - as the GMFV figure quoted has increased by £700 since my other order, so there's less on finance!)

Well, I bit the bullet and made the change to my order .. all I've done is essentially spec the same car but added in the Extended Ambient Lighting option (I'll save the change to Automatic until next time), but that has meant cancelling my order (from last month) and starting again. Even though I've made that change, my new agreement is £21 a month cheaper now that it was last month without the extra option. It's bonkers. It's that really that has made me make the change! I'm waiting now for an updated delivery estimate (ha!), but if it means I'm a month further down the queue now, at least I know I've saved £750 odd quid in the process.

Well, I bit the bullet and made the change to my order .. all I've done is essentially spec the same car but added in the Extended Ambient Lighting option (I'll save the change to Automatic until next time), but that has meant cancelling my order (from last month) and starting again. Even though I've made that change, my new agreement is £21 a month cheaper now that it was last month without the extra option. It's bonkers. It's that really that has made me make the change! I'm waiting now for an updated delivery estimate (ha!), but if it means I'm a month further down the queue now, at least I know I've saved £750 odd quid in the process.
Great stuff! At least you weren’t too far into your wait to renew.

Reactions: NigelG
That's true, if i was six months in I could live without it! Let the wait begin .. again lol. I just know it's all going to be worth the wait in the end. :)
Knowing the Audi build system at the moment it’ll probably be built and have arrived before your original date from your first order.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: NigelG
Hey guys
Those of you who have had your cars delivered, what was the wait time from it leaving the factory to taking delivery?
For me it was about 5 weeks from leaving the factory to delivery. That was back in March. It may vary depending on how often ships sail and any delays at ports, then there's the availability of car transporters from the port to your dealership.

Be sure to post in the pics thread when it arrives. Would love to see the Kyalami Green

Reactions: Alexlfc17
For me it was about 5 weeks from leaving the factory to delivery. That was back in March. It may vary depending on how often ships sail and any delays at ports, then there's the availability of car transporters from the port to your dealership.

Be sure to post in the pics thread when it arrives. Would love to see the Kyalami Green
Thankyou mate - I sure will do!

Same for me. Same spec ordered in March.
The last build date I had was week 36 & now no update.

I spoke to the dealership this week & they said they are seeing some week 36 cars coming through. But any with the comfort & sound pack seem to be the ones with no estimated delivery date.

Has the Audi tracking system been sorted yet!!!!!. what a S**t-show

This will be my first ever Audi (after being converted by the Wife!) and reading through all the comments and delays and problems with communications, finding it really interesting and engaging and hearing all these things, really doesn't fill you with a lot of confidence does it. It's like someone else said above, why is Audi finding the current crisis (which they don't seem to have been prepared for, or have any management grasp on it), so difficult compared to other companies.

Hey guys
Mine was 2 weeks from the factory to having the keys in my hands.