A3/S3 delivery lead time?

What would be a realistic lead time for an order placed this month?
I'd say September / October at the earliest if the chip shortage continues. The problem being there are so many orders still on hold.

Thanks. The prices of used 21 plate S3’s don’t seem too bad in the context of the recent price increase and ongoing delays. Think I’ll just go that way, not patient enough to wait that long for new shiny things!

Had an email from Audi yesterday to say that they are “in preparation” and gathering all the materials and parts to build my car……so basically, still no build date

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had an email from Audi yesterday to say that they are “in preparation” and gathering all the materials and parts to build my car……so basically, still no build date

Sorry to say that I received that email on the first of July…. I still don’t have a confirmed build date.

Ordered end of March.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Inked
Sorry to say that I received that email on the first of July…. I still don’t have a confirmed build date.

Ordered end of March.

Yeah, I’m not expecting a build date any time soon.

Ordered end of March.

It’s so backwards. I was informed yesterday my car went into production at the start of this week and it’s due for delivery in January. I ordered the start of June.

It’s so backwards. I was informed yesterday my car went into production at the start of this week and it’s due for delivery in January. I ordered the start of June.

Did you have a confirmed build date or did that come out of the blue?

Did you have a confirmed build date or did that come out of the blue?

I was told in October I had an unconfirmed build for week 3 of next year. Then yesterday I was informed that my build week was confirmed as week 49 of this year which is the current week we are in and was told it’s in production with a January delivery. So very much out of the blue.

Sounds like I’ve been fairly lucky with my build. Ordered mid July and had a call last week from dealer to confirm my S3 is ‘in transit’. Rang earlier today for an update and apparently at Port in Germany. Anyone have any idea of likely lead time from Port to dealer? I was hoping for a nice Xmas gift but I suspect it’s unlikely - can’t complain though looking at other posts…

Sounds like I’ve been fairly lucky with my build. Ordered mid July and had a call last week from dealer to confirm my S3 is ‘in transit’. Rang earlier today for an update and apparently at Port in Germany. Anyone have any idea of likely lead time from Port to dealer? I was hoping for a nice Xmas gift but I suspect it’s unlikely - can’t complain though looking at other posts…
2-3 weeks maybe more as it’ll fall into the Christmas period.

Reactions: Brook1682
Hi everyone, have those that have had their cars delivered recently, had any issues? I remember reading about some cars having issues with the MMI (and SOS call issue) but just wondering/hoping Audi have had time to sort this for the ones currently rolling off the production line.

Reactions: Paisley Princess and przemekkowal
That's an interesting question, I remember someone was posting a website where you could see if your Audi needs any software updates, are they automatic tough?

2-3 weeks maybe more as it’ll fall into the Christmas period.
Hi everyone, have those that have had their cars delivered recently, had any issues? I remember reading about some cars having issues with the MMI (and SOS call issue) but just wondering/hoping Audi have had time to sort this for the ones currently rolling off the production line.
I think the SOS update has been delayed again

I think the SOS update has been delayed again
I've been told by Audi UK that cars with a reverse camera currently have no estimated time for the update release. Cars without a reverse camera are due to receive the update this month.

Reactions: Newton1709
I've been told by Audi UK that cars with a reverse camera currently have no estimated time for the update release. Cars without a reverse camera are due to receive the update this month.
Do we know what kind of update this is? One that can be done through the MMI ourselves or do we have to take it to a dealer?

Do we know what kind of update this is? One that can be done through the MMI ourselves or do we have to take it to a dealer?
I was told to book in with a dealer, however Audi customer services then realised I have a reverse camera and told me to cancel

No, no issues so far (got car end of Octobe)

Took delivery today thankfully after an 8 month wait, no SOS issues too! However the MyAudi app is not cooperating but I guess it could be worse.

Last edited:
Reactions: JustLulu, Newton1709, MA3RC and 2 others
Been pushed back again. Now sitting unconfirmed at build week 9 of 2022.

Ordered 27th March 2021 - S3 saloon, c+s, pan roof, ambient lighting.

Crazy! You'll be pushing 13 months if it goes ahead with that build week by the time it's delivered...

There’s a supply issue on the pan roof, I’m sure Audi dropped the current supplier a few months ago for a new one. Maybe that’s what the hold up is.

There’s a supply issue on the pan roof, I’m sure Audi dropped the current supplier a few months ago for a new one. Maybe that’s what the hold up is.

As soon as they removed the pan roof as an option to spec from new, I knew I was in for a long wait. However seeing RS3’s with pan roofs reach customers first is a tough pill to swallow.

Crazy! You'll be pushing 13 months if it goes ahead with that build week by the time it's delivered...

My first ever factory order too. Not exactly been the experience I’d have hoped for…

Finally took delivery of mine today!

Attachments

• B1D7C5F4-9E61-4E53-9458-EF023565C597.jpeg
    B1D7C5F4-9E61-4E53-9458-EF023565C597.jpeg
    1,007.6 KB · Views: 150
  • 02C8A74C-FD1A-451E-993D-C16BFEC3ECF6.jpeg
    02C8A74C-FD1A-451E-993D-C16BFEC3ECF6.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 155
Reactions: JustLulu, Paisley Princess, Detail Devil and 4 others
As soon as they removed the pan roof as an option to spec from new, I knew I was in for a long wait. However seeing RS3’s with pan roofs reach customers first is a tough pill to swallow.

I know how you feel. I guess the deeper your pockets the quicker you get to the very front of the que and only have to wait a couple of months.

I am again pushed back to the 23rd week if 2022
This is insane

Στάλθηκε από το SM-M317F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Hi all! Let me share my story with you.

I'm based in Poland and ordered an almost fully loaded Audi S3 limousine exactly on 8th of February 2021. That time my dealer said that they already suffer from lack of components and my car will be delivered in about 6 months. In May, Audi added an extended black optics package which included black rings and badges. I called my dealer and wanted to add this option to my order. He said that my config was already locked, because Audi confirmed a built date for my car which was 1st week of July 2021. Ok, never mind, I will install black rings myself when the car arrives.

The days passed very slowly and I had no information from my dealer since May about possible delays. Confirmed built date in Audi system meant for me there is nothing to be worry about.

In the middle of July I called my dealer and asked when can I expect my car to arrive. He looked at my order in the system and said that my car was never built, and the confirmed built date disappeared. He said that the new ESTIMATED built date is October 2021. July was exactly the time when floods hit Germany and I was wondering if my car suffered in any way, but probably it turned out not to be the case. I was so ****** off because I could forget driving a brand new car in summer.

In September the dealer called me and said we should subtract Audi Phone Box from the options list, because it causes a massive delay. And if we do so, the car will arrive earlier – January 2022 instead of June 2022! What the hell? There was no other choice than agree and wait until January.

At the beginning of November I received another call and a screenshot from the Audi system, that the estimated built date is March 2022. OK, I comfort myself that I don't need the car in winter and March/April 2022 would be just fine to get the car. On 12th of November I received a super hot news that the estimated built date was changed from March to January – well, good news it was.

Exactly a month later, on 12th of December I asked my dealer for another order confirmation, and guess what? The estimated built date is now May 2022! Since July 2021 we are only talking about estimations, not heard a confirmed built date a single time.

In April this year I heard a rumour that if you order an S3 you might get it for Christmas – I laughed so hard. Well... I'm not going to have my car even for Christmas and not sure if it will arrive before Easter 2022.

Reactions: JustLulu
and what i see there is some problem with saloons more then sportback for some reason

and what i see there is some problem with saloons more then sportback for some reason
I ordered a sportback in June and the estimated build week is now 23rd
Its hopeless

Στάλθηκε από το SM-M317F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

I know how you feel. I guess the deeper your pockets the quicker you get to the very front of the que and only have to wait a couple of months.
Who's only waited a couple of months.....for a A3/S3/RS3 because l dont know anyone on here who's had their car so quickly......2 folks l know of who have ordered the top of the range RS3 have been given build week 41 in 2022 ....everyone has a choice as you know....cancel and go buy something else end of

Reactions: Detail Devil
Who's only waited a couple of months.....for a A3/S3/RS3 because l dont know anyone on here who's had their car so quickly......2 folks l know of who have ordered the top of the range RS3 have been given build week 41 in 2022 ....everyone has a choice as you know....cancel and go buy something else end of
Someone on this forum has said they ordered an RS3 start of November and it’s been built and been delivered next month.

I am finding the sound is to heavy from the speaker underneath the front window no matter what sound settings I adjust. Does not sound good as my old A5 cab. Tried turning off the 3d settings, however, just sounds very front speaker driven.
If i remember correctly I have treble on +2, bass on +3, sub on +4, the other settings was on medium. Focus was on 'all' and not driver. I'm not sure the C pillar speakers produce any audible sound to my ears, unless the surround need to be on high for those to work.
Did you mean sound very heavy (as they are doing the majority of the vocal production work, or they are too bassy?). If you mean they seem to be doing more work and more audible than the door speakers, then yes, that's the job, they are the mid-range speaker (4 of them). Guess Audi/B&O wanted the sound to come from the front, as oppose from coming from your leg area and making it's way up.