A3/S3 delivery lead time?

A lot of build weeks from the end of August onwards have been pushed back to 2023 on the RS3 8Y ...my build was supposed to be end of November its now been moved to the first week in March...l was looking to order a wee Fiesta ST-Line for the Mrs Ford quote 7 months...spoke with 2 sales guy its more like 10 months so l was lucky to grab one that was in stock with a panoramic roof.... no longer a option now as its been deleted

I’ve waited 18 months for my A3 edition 1 and it’s finally in the Uk does anyone know how long it’s take for a car to get to the dealership

I’ve waited 18 months for my A3 edition 1 and it’s finally in the Uk does anyone know how long it’s take for a car to get to the dealership
I got a call mid week last week to say it was at the UK port and would be a couple of weeks. Then a day or so later…it was at the dealer!
So, it could be less if you’re lucky.
In theory, I should finally have my car very soon
after a 15 month wait

Reactions: Mado97, tonyp03 and MR ZEE25
I got a call mid week last week to say it was at the UK port and would be a couple of weeks. Then a day or so later…it was at the dealer!
So, it could be less if you’re lucky.
In theory, I should finally have my car very soon
after a 15 month wait
That’s great news man I can’t wait to get my car it’s been way to long

Reactions: Ameus
My car (S3) has been built and is currently in transit on the way to the port. Not long now!!
Order date was mid October.

Reactions: Superdoug, Ameus, Zoomer and 1 other person
Been following this thread for a while…..
After ordering my car May 2021, finally got the news I was waiting for and get my car delivered on Monday. Can’t wait.

Reactions: Ameus, Maddave, Mado97 and 1 other person
Ordered my car March 2022 and phoned the dealer last week for an update, I’m down for build week 38 (20th September 2022) but he said there’s a high likelihood that this will be brought forward. Not sure how but here’s hoping!

Wha
Ordered my car March 2022 and phoned the dealer last week for an update, I’m down for build week 38 (20th September 2022) but he said there’s a high likelihood that this will be brought forward. Not sure how but here’s hoping!
What spec have you ordered ?

A3 S line, auto, python yellow with added flat bottom steering wheel and upgraded alloys
I think most of the problems are with hybrid what I have gathered on lead times but Audi don’t have a set rule of first come first serve either with what I can tell to be fair I ordered jan and have an unconfirmed delivery date of December tfsie 45 comp comfort and sound

I ordered mine November 2021 with a delivery date in May 2022. Got given unconfirmed build dates of 29th May, 22nd June, 8th June and now 22nd August with delivery in October. If I knew it was that long I wouldn't have ordered. I even suspect 2023 now at this rate...

just chased up my lease company for an update. car ordered early Sept 21. First given build week of 14, then moved to wk 37 then wk 34 and now no build week. I can see me having to wait until 2023 at the earliest. Really poor service and lack of openness and honesty from Audi.

Reactions: Mado97
We ordered an S3 SB back in June 2021 ( I think there are some posts from me on this thread as far back as last year) and the last update from Audi says build week 36! But it just keeps getting pushed back. My wife ordered the car and has since got bored waiting and bought a used BMW M135i which she's delighted with. I am thinking it would be a shame to just cancel this order after such a long wait (13 months now) ... so I'll likely still buy the car and then sell it straight away assuming values don't fall off a cliff in the coming months. It's a black one with Comfort and sound, red calipers and the £250 upgrade 19 inch rims .... so not mega spec ... but all the right bits...

We pick up our S3 on Monday, ordered early November

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: tonyp03
We pick up our S3 on Monday, ordered early November

That’s so good mate. I’m in a similar position, S3 vorsprung ordered in Oct. Still waiting for a delivery date but my car should have shipped from Germany this week - so not long!

Reactions: RichK
It went from in build to arriving at the dealers in two weeks

There must be a reason some people are waiting 2 years and others 7 months? Is it certain dealers get better service?

I heard a tale many years ago that Audi reward the dealers for normal sales with S and RS slots. So different dealers will have different numbers of cars available so it’s not a linear queue

I heard a tale many years ago that Audi reward the dealers for normal sales with S and RS slots. So different dealers will have different numbers of cars available so it’s not a linear queue

You mean normal sales as in not leases etc?

There must be a reason some people are waiting 2 years and others 7 months? Is it certain dealers get better service?
Feels like that for me. I ordered 1st December with a build date of 22nd August now after expecting delivery in May. I ordered through motorfinity which gave discount for blueight card holders.

It does feel like motorfinity orders have lower priority over ones with the main dealers that do not get the discount.

9 months since I ordered and still nothing. Also getting quite worried as I have seen that on the Swedish Audi website that they now removed the option to spec Matrix headlights and rear view camera is now also standard? Both of these options was ticked for my order and I was really excited specially for the Matrix headlights as I live in a country where there's complete dark for 20 hours a day 5months of the year but now it looks like I wont even will be getting them. Weirdly enough my dealer haven't contacted me at all about this change?

Last edited:
9 months since I ordered and still nothing. Also getting quite worried as I have seen that on the Swedish Audi website that they now removed the option to spec Matrix headlights and rear view camera is now also standard? Both of these options was ticked for my order and I was really excited specially for the Matrix headlights as I live in a country where there's complete dark for 20 hours a day 5months of the year but now it looks like I wont even will be getting them. Weirdly enough my dealer haven't contacted me at all about this change?
I ordered my car 15 March 2021. Had lots of unconfirmed build weeks which have been pushed back from March until July. This week I Finally got a confirmed build of 29 August 2022. So estimated delivery of October 2022, which is 18 months from order to delivery.

Not been told of anything been removed from my specification, so hoping everything is on it.

reference the reversing camera, I spoke to a dealer a few weeks ago and he said the camera has been added in place of the parking sensors, as they are unavailable on most models. He did say that the parking sensors are still on vehicles which need them (upgraded parking, comfort and sound pack etc).

I ordered my car 15 March 2021. Had lots of unconfirmed build weeks which have been pushed back from March until July. This week I Finally got a confirmed build of 29 August 2022. So estimated delivery of October 2022, which is 18 months from order to delivery.

Not been told of anything been removed from my specification, so hoping everything is on it.

reference the reversing camera, I spoke to a dealer a few weeks ago and he said the camera has been added in place of the parking sensors, as they are unavailable on most models. He did say that the parking sensors are still on vehicles which need them (upgraded parking, comfort and sound pack etc).
Apart from my later order date of July 21, I have had similar changes to build dates as you from the original Week 12 to Week 28 and now Week 34 with expected delivery of end of September. Will not be surprised if build date is delayed further.

4949778b659bccb88db0f355307d2909.jpg

Old and new

Reactions: gboole, LesleyG, Mado97 and 2 others
It's amazing that some take 7 months, others 18 months. I am guessing this is spec dependent. The only thing we have been told won't be on the car is Isofix and child locks. We have ordered the comfort and sound pack, 19" rims and red calipers. So some kit but not lots...

Ordered in Oct-21
Delivered next Friday!!
Just over 9 months. Just like having a baby.

• Haha
Reactions: Maddave, Saral and Mado97
I ordered it about a month ago from Holland and the dealer there said
delivery time would be about 12-14 weeks. Is this true, or is it!
likely to take longer than that. Also, anybody else who has bought an
A3/S3 this way or order one from a dealer here in the UK, could you tell
me how long you had to wait.

I am patient, but after ordering it I'm having trouble thinking about much
else but driving it

Thanks.
I ordered 1 st feb 2022 pick it up 2 June A3 edition one

Ordered my Carbon Black RS3 in Tango Red in November 2021, with an anticipated delivery date of 1st September, 2022.

No build date as yet!!

Or do some dealers have more luck with there orders than others?
Ordered a Daytona Grey S3 Vorsprung in Feb this year and the latest update i had was build week 44 , so fingers crossed!

Just to add, ordered my wife a new Volvo XC40 on February 16th this year, picking up tonight!

Need I say anymore Audi?

Or do some dealers have more luck with there orders than others?
Ordered a Daytona Grey S3 Vorsprung in Feb this year and the latest update i had was build week 44 , so fingers crossed!
It makes no sense. I ordered an S3 Vorspring in early January and don't have a build week yet.

Ordered my Carbon Black RS3 in Tango Red in November 2021, with an anticipated delivery date of 1st September, 2022.

No build date as yet!!
If you've no build date as yet or even if you had its a unconfirmed one which can move way on into 2023
I've had build week 47 ,49 and now week 09 of 2023 and l ordered the last week of September

I've now been given a confirmed build date on w/c 5th September 2022 after ordering December 2021. Roughly how long would i be waiting until I get delivery of the car in the UK?

I've now been given a confirmed build date on w/c 5th September 2022 after ordering December 2021. Roughly how long would i be waiting until I get delivery of the car in the UK?
What model have you ordered?