A3/S3 delivery lead time?

I ordered my A3 last month (CW5) and based on the information in my car contract, the car will be ready for delivery in the middle of July (CW28) which is the latest deadline - assembling start CW26. 35 TDI S-tronic version.

Hi all just to share a update on my order. It was originally penciled in for build week 27 and on Friday I contacted Audi UK via twitter for a update and they confirmed it was going into build on the 15/03/2021. Checked again with my dealer today and was informed that it has been built and on its way to the port for shipment to the UK. Also confirmed this with Audi UK again. So strange in the times given and most annoying that I was not given any regular updates throughout the build apart from the original email confirming the order number. Has anyone else had a similar experience and does anyone know the timelines for it to arrive into the UK?

Hi all just to share a update on my order. It was originally penciled in for build week 27 and on Friday I contacted Audi UK via twitter for a update and they confirmed it was going into build on the 15/03/2021. Checked again with my dealer today and was informed that it has been built and on its way to the port for shipment to the UK. Also confirmed this with Audi UK again. So strange in the times given and most annoying that I was not given any regular updates throughout the build apart from the original email confirming the order number. Has anyone else had a similar experience and does anyone know the timelines for it to arrive into the UK?
I got updates every week or two from my (Audi) dealer.

Does anyone know the typical timescales involved once it is on its way to the port in Germany to arrive to the dealer is it another 4-6 weeks?

Does anyone know the typical timescales involved once it is on its way to the port in Germany to arrive to the dealer is it another 4-6 weeks?
Mines been waiting at port for two weeks now, but dealer reckons I’ll get to collect end of the month

I ordered 8th of march A3 sportback 35tdi s tronic Ist edition with C/S pack and was quoted the standard 12-16 weeks estimated 30/6/21 , no BW number as yet , fingers crossed it all goes to plan .

I placed my order for the Audi A3 Sportback 35 TFSI S line S Tronic (Comfort+Sound) in Metallic - Navarra blue, with the following extra options, 18" 5 Y spoke style graphite gray diamond cut alloy wheel, 3 spoke flat bottomed multifunction plus sports contour leather wrapped steering wheel with shift paddles, 4 way electrically adjustable lumbar support for driver and front passenger, Audi phone box with wireless charging, Extended ambient lighting pack - A3 Sportback, Space saving spare wheel with tool kit and jack.

I placed the order on 11th February, and the build week is the 19th July, with estimated delivery to dealership on the 30th August... I'm hoping the build week is brought forward because my current car goes back to the lease company on the 10th June :blink::laughing:

Reactions: 8YA335TDI1STED
I ordered 8th of march A3 sportback 35tdi s tronic Ist edition with C/S pack and was quoted the standard 12-16 weeks estimated 30/6/21 , no BW number as yet , fingers crossed it all goes to plan .
I was working on that basis too, I was told 17 - 21 weeks (by Audi, and the lease company), but it's turned out to be closer to 28/29 weeks.

• Wow
I placed the order on 11th February, and the build week is the 19th July, with estimated delivery to dealership on the 30th August... I'm hoping the build week is brought forward because my current car goes back to the lease company on the 10th June :blink::laughing:
Ahh the lease / PCP car juggling act, been there done that. One one changeover, ended up almost 2 months without a car, on the 2nd changeover, ended up 1 week with 2 cars (that was a pain as I am only allowed 1 car spot where I live, another resident allowed me their spot), and the current changeover last car gone 2 weeks ago, A3 ordered end Nov, as from a leaser, only message I got was...it's been delayed and unlikely to make the original mid-Feb estimate (would be happy for a May arrival). Not complaining as there is nowhere to go atm, plus the longer the car arrives, the more £ I can save each month :).

I was working on that basis too, I was told 17 - 21 weeks (by Audi, and the lease company), but it's turned out to be closer to 28/29 weeks.
sheet load of extras on your order mate , having been through a similar situation with my last car and add ons , car was delivered 3 months late pre covid on a 66 . I called Audi CS and asked will adding comfort sound pack cause a delay , I was categorically told NO , I asked if the colour would affect it ? was told No , so this thread could be invaluable to potential purchasers , it would be very interesting if admin could do a poll on delivery times Order to delivery date / time / location/ method of purchase / delay times / customer satisfaction etc @Sandra

Reactions: NIKLDN
I ordered mine on 12/12/20 and informed today that was manufactured end of February. Will be available to me mid April! Very excited. Thank god it was not caught in this computer chip shortage mess.

@Marinos Demetriou how many weeks were you quoted for delivery and how late was it ? also which area do you live in ? reason I ask is cars can be lost in the parking when they arrive in UK and Scotland seems to get far fewer delivery slots , just trying to get a bigger picture to what causes these problems .

@Marinos Demetriou how many weeks were you quoted for delivery and how late was it ? also which area do you live in ? reason I ask is cars can be lost in the parking when they arrive in UK and Scotland seems to get far fewer delivery slots , just trying to get a bigger picture to what causes these problems .

Due to COVID, the factories that normally make the computer chips to run the cars, e.g. the MMI system, the virtual cockpits, gearboxes, ECUs, etc., were running at a much lower capacity, meaning that when the car manufacturers picked up on business again, they couldn't meet the sudden demand - I don't think there is anything in particular (e.g. I doubt you can say it's just the wireless charging option or matrix LED headlights that is causing delays for owners) that it can be pinned on.

As I said earlier, I'm hoping in my case, the build week comes forward because I'm confident as COVID becomes less of a disruption, the chip manufacturers can scale up again very quickly to meet the demand... but we'll see.

Reactions: 8YA335TDI1STED and Marinos Demetriou
sheet load of extras on your order mate , having been through a similar situation with my last car and add ons , car was delivered 3 months late pre covid on a 66 . I called Audi CS and asked will adding comfort sound pack cause a delay , I was categorically told NO , I asked if the colour would affect it ? was told No , so this thread could be invaluable to potential purchasers , it would be very interesting if admin could do a poll on delivery times Order to delivery date / time / location/ method of purchase / delay times / customer satisfaction etc @Sandra
I didn't think I picked that many things, to be honest! I nearly added the sunroof and matrix headlights too but decided against it.

I ordered mine on 12/12/20 and informed today that was manufactured end of February. Will be available to me mid April! Very excited. Thank god it was not caught in this computer chip shortage mess.
Mine might be the same batch as yours as I placed order in early Dec. Not sure if you're based in UK, but was told no extra tax from Brexit as order was before 2021.

Reactions: Marinos Demetriou
Hope it works out for you mate. One thing's for sure you ain't going to have problems finding a buyer.:yes:
I looked up some of your gallery snaps of your S3 on pickup day. You should put them in your for sale ad.:icon thumright:
When I was asking about in Jan, I was told 3 months, in the end I bought an ex-demo (S-Line A3 Saloon, Storage Pack, Matrix, Heated seats, Extended Ambient) which I'm happy with although would have liked the B&O in the C&S pack the saving along with immediate availability changed my mind.
I did this too! Have you had any issues with missing features/MMI faults?

I was informed before that production was planned for 1st week of March (maybe the seller told me 1 week later from the actual in case of delays). It seems there was no delay for me.
I live in Limassol, Cyprus.

Maybe the are manufacturing first the left hand drives first then the right hand drives? Afterall there is more demand for LHD.

Mine might be the same batch as yours as I placed order in early Dec. Not sure if you're based in UK, but was told no extra tax from Brexit as order was before 2021.
There is no extra tax on new vehicles, that was only in the event of a no deal brexit.

There is no extra tax on new vehicles, that was only in the event of a no deal brexit.
that statement is not entirely true though is it ? for example Motability UK have increased their client deposits across the board by over 25% from quarter 4 2020 to quarter 1 2021 so for instance a Volvo xc40 now costs £1300 more deposit than it did Dec 2020 q4 pushing the client deposit above £4000 and to top that the phev version rises to £5800 where is the incentive in that when then further faced with a £1000 charging point at home install charge ?

that statement is not entirely true though is it ? for example Motability UK have increased their client deposits across the board by over 25% from quarter 4 2020 to quarter 1 2021 so for instance a Volvo xc40 now costs £1300 more deposit than it did Dec 2020 q4 pushing the client deposit above £4000 and to top that the phev version rises to £5800 where is the incentive in that when then further faced with a £1000 charging point at home install charge ?
That's got nothing to do with brexit. There are no new taxes/tariffs on foreign vehicle imports because of brexit, that's a fact.

That's got nothing to do with brexit. There are no new taxes/tariffs on foreign vehicle imports because of brexit, that's a fact.
That’s true; however it is still more expensive to import things from the EU than it was before because of the extra paperwork and increased travel times.

Reactions: Santiago
I live in Cyprus. Hope its yours ready as well.
Just got an email that they 'expect' the car to be at the supplier by end March/early April. Though they specifically stated that this does not mean your car can be ready by then. Eh don't mind really, it's still lockdown here, nowhere to go, the nearest big supermarket is just 8 mins walk away.

Reactions: Marinos Demetriou
Just got an email that they 'expect' the car to be at the supplier by end March/early April. Though they specifically stated that this does not mean your car can be ready by then. Eh don't mind really, it's still lockdown here, nowhere to go, the nearest big supermarket is just 8 mins walk away.
Good luck!

Does anyone know the link for Audi tracker?
There isn’t one for the U.K. anymore sadly, and Audi U.K. won’t provide a timeline for one being available again!

you need to go via your dealer for update, or get Audi U.K. on Twitter. I got emails from Audi at the start giving me updates, but they stopped after it went into build.

There isn’t one for the U.K. anymore sadly, and Audi U.K. won’t provide a timeline for one being available again!

you need to go via your dealer for update, or get Audi U.K. on Twitter. I got emails from Audi at the start giving me updates, but they stopped after it went into build.
Thanks for clarifying, shame the order tracker was pretty handy.

I ordered my A3 35 tfsi on 17 December with a few options on. It has just been built this week and i have been told to expect it W/c 19 april

I ordered mine via a lease company in August 2020, it is still not here yet. Although they have said next week...

35 TFSI with C&S in grey, no other options chosen.

So annoying that it's down, i've just been messaging Audi on Facebook for updates.
It may transpire Audi them selves are being lets call it , deliberately vague on this issue and have pulled the tracker fearing cancelations , I spoke to my sales rep at Audi Glasgow today , even though Audi UK CS told me categorically 12 - 16 weeks from placing my order 8/03/21 with no expected delay for a car with only CS pack added TDI 35 S-TRONIC Edition one , I received the dreaded info that Audi UK dealerships have been informed to advise customers all new orders will be post Sept 21 , this rings alarm bells to me sounds like the VAG group are indeed suffering from the chip shortage which could also explain the MMI faults etc are they using scrap bin parts etc , along with this many have said the A3 is a new A1 with other cheaper plastics fitted to a mid range car I think the mind boggles a little what do you guys think ???

I ordered mine via a lease company in August 2020, it is still not here yet. Although they have said next week...

35 TFSI with C&S in grey, no other options chosen.
Your leasing company doesn't by anychance start with a N, ends with E, and their logo is an orange shape of England is it? Ouch, August 2020 is a long time though...almost 8 months, now that's a long wait!

There must be a huge demand is my thinking. I ordered at the end of January A3 Sline with a few extras which originally had a build week of 27 (July) then all of a sudden found out last week it has been built and on its way to the port for shipping to the UK.

It may transpire Audi them selves are being lets call it , deliberately vague on this issue and have pulled the tracker fearing cancelations , I spoke to my sales rep at Audi Glasgow today , even though Audi UK CS told me categorically 12 - 16 weeks from placing my order 8/03/21 with no expected delay for a car with only CS pack added TDI 35 S-TRONIC Edition one , I received the dreaded info that Audi UK dealerships have been informed to advise customers all new orders will be post Sept 21 , this rings alarm bells to me sounds like the VAG group are indeed suffering from the chip shortage which could also explain the MMI faults etc are they using scrap bin parts etc , along with this many have said the A3 is a new A1 with other cheaper plastics fitted to a mid range car I think the mind boggles a little what do you guys think ???
Nowt to do with the so named chip shortage as all other Audi models delivery times for factory orders are well within the normal time scales its mainly the 8y that's been delayed 100's of nearly new 8y cars available on the Audi approved used site and hundreds more new cars are available from stock