A3/S3 delivery lead time?

nice!!!! I'm going for the turbo blue as well..... how long did you have to wait in the end?

Called into the dealership today.
It seems that my problem is I've ordered a diesel.
Apparently build weeks for petrols are moving forward but mine is stuck.

Reactions: Billy Shears, Maddave and AdamInKent
How are you tracking the progress of your A3 order? Dealer told me that I could only do this by asking him.

How are you tracking the progress of your A3 order? Dealer told me that I could only do this by asking him.
Yes you have to ask the dealer.
They have removed the online tracker so you can't track yourself any more

You can tweet Audi customer care with your order number and ask for an update. I used to do this once a week and they always obliged.

Confirmed now that we're collecting our S3 on Friday evening. It's dragged on a little in the last few weeks, but it's actually been a fair bit quicker overall than first anticipated so can't complain really! Just checked and the order went in on 2nd Feb, so basically three months in total.

Reactions: JezzaA and MF DOOMER
does anyone know the average wait time is from the build date to delivery of the car?

Last edited:
Hi all, I am an audi owner have read this forum and had the benefit of everyone’s knowledge for quite a while. Thought I would share my new S3 order experience in case it helps anyone.
Car ordered in Feb and April was indicated for build. I was given a revised build date quickly. This has moved around, back and forward regularly (5 times so far- July, May, June.) and Audi UK have always described the build week in their twitter mesages as ‘unconfirmed‘
I now have little confidence in the dates they provide until they can say it is built, and as we know, shipping time is quite variable. I am quite disappointed in the accuracy of the timescale of the process and the communication for a large purchase. I have factory ordered from other manufacturers before without issue and based on this experience I probably wouldn't factory order a car from Audi again. Knowing when to order to meet a target date for pcp changeover would be virtually impossible. If it moves again I will probably cancel! Thanks.

My previous order was just under 3 months in total.
My current order was placed 2nd Feb with no confirmed build date as yet which I think is pretty poor. I am being told predicted build week will be in the 40s somewhere although I may cancel if I don't get a build week soon.
I think it depends on what model you opt for as I was told no more A3s will be built until the final quarter of the year ‍

Same! I was going to give it till the end of June but if I put a new order in elsewhere I'd prob be looking at August anyway I'm literally torn between waiting and pulling the plug

Hello all, new forum user here - i’ve been enjoying all the tips and info i’ve been reading on here and thought it was time i said hello - and thank you !
It’s sad to see so many of you having delays with delivery of new cars - but i just want to say, despite the frustrations, stick with it if you can - it’s so very worth it when you finally take delivery.
I ordered my new S3 (daytona, alcantara upholstery, matrix leds, extended ambient lighting) in mid February and collected it from the dealer on 22 April, so i’m lucky that my build was relatively quick.
S3 was definitely a bucket list car for me - i’ve been driving Audis for 20 years this year (a varity of A3s with an A4 and an A1 in the mix there too - the A1 was a mistake) - it was time to finally take the plunge and really treat myself and so far the S3 has exceeded all expectations, thankfully none of the MMI issues have appeared.
I’m hopeful that fuel economy will improve as the car loosens up, but that may just be a problem with my right foot Lol !
All the best everyone, and thanks.

Reactions: Billy Shears and Jassyo06
Hello all, new forum user here - i’ve been enjoying all the tips and info i’ve been reading on here and thought it was time i said hello - and thank you !
It’s sad to see so many of you having delays with delivery of new cars - but i just want to say, despite the frustrations, stick with it if you can - it’s so very worth it when you finally take delivery.
I ordered my new S3 (daytona, alcantara upholstery, matrix leds, extended ambient lighting) in mid February and collected it from the dealer on 22 April, so i’m lucky that my build was relatively quick.
S3 was definitely a bucket list car for me - i’ve been driving Audis for 20 years this year (a varity of A3s with an A4 and an A1 in the mix there too - the A1 was a mistake) - it was time to finally take the plunge and really treat myself and so far the S3 has exceeded all expectations, thankfully none of the MMI issues have appeared.
I’m hopeful that fuel economy will improve as the car loosens up, but that may just be a problem with my right foot Lol !
All the best everyone, and thanks.

Glad to hear from a positive 8Y owner l am a long time member on here and l have to say Audi aint got their act together with the 8Y car or is it because folks that have not really done their homework on the 8Y ??
Never read so much negativity/complaining on an Audi model in all the time l have been on here= 8 years

I've owned Audi's for over 20 years. Absolutely love them but I have never had to wait this long for build
They are predicting that my build time will be October which means delivery in December/January.
I knew it was going to be delayed but 1 whole year is crazy long :(

Glad to hear from a positive 8Y owner l am a long time member on here and l have to say Audi aint got their act together with the 8Y car or is it because folks that have not really done their homework on the 8Y ??
Never read so much negativity/complaining on an Audi model in all the time l have been on here= 8 years
Hi there, yea the 8y so far seems to be a bit like marmite - love it or hate it. Interestingly, when i ordered my S3 in February the dealer told me that if i ordered an A3 it would be at least September delivery. That may have been a bit of a ploy to get me to order an S3 of course (although i hope not, as i have a good long-standing relationship with the sales guy) but reading the comments here, he may have been right.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Well - my order from last week was estimated to be September - I'm expecting this to be later than this - though.

At least they have fixed the part ex of my old car - they wanted to wait and decide it when it was part exchanged.

My previously confirmed build date for July is now apparently unconfirmed due to further delays... this was an order put in the start of Jan, already over 5 months ago now.... not happy.

That is a long time.
Ordered mine 21st April, dealer put estimated 31st July expected delivery.
Went on facebook to Audi uk and they said "We can confirm that your vehicle has a confirmed build week due to commence the week beginning Monday the 23rd of August. "
****** long wait.

I received a phone call today saying they had a cancellation but it would have meant a different colour and that I could have had it at the end of June.
This has now changed again with no confirmed build date for that vehicle so I'm not sure what's going off
Hopefully it will move forward again soon

My issue is the ‘estimated’ and ‘unconfirmed’ part of the message I get from Audi. Currently week 24 but that could move again any time and still not be a concrete date. At the moment it feels like they will build it whenever it suits them.
Considering just buying a CLA35 new from stock to save the constant distraction of wondering when Audi might plan to build the car I ordered 11 weeks ago and was told would be delivered by now.

My issue is the ‘estimated’ and ‘unconfirmed’ part of the message I get from Audi. Currently week 24 but that could move again any time and still not be a concrete date. At the moment it feels like they will build it whenever it suits them.
Considering just buying a CLA35 new from stock to save the constant distraction of wondering when Audi might plan to build the car I ordered 11 weeks ago and was told would be delivered by now.
It really is like a lottery at the min and so frustrating. Im not surprised people are cancelling orders.

The sales rep thinks it has something to do with the model year changing but who knows.
Deff frustrating tho

I was offer a rejection on my present A3, when I was told a new one would be delivered end of November I took a substantial goodwill gesture and a guarantee the issues would be sorted within the next few months

the salesman I dealt with has said that the car will be delivered by a month of the build date.... this seems massively optimistic to me..... can anyone confirm is a car being delivered within a month of the build date is realistic?

I've had a S3 ordered since Feb, no update for the dealer. Using facebook messenger I found out that the car had an unconfirmed build week of 21 (which starts 16th March), I was told it was build week 20. The car can be built anytime during that build week. It takes around 10 days to build and to get to the appropriate centre takes 6-8 weeks.

I've had a S3 ordered since Feb, no update for the dealer. Using facebook messenger I found out that the car had an unconfirmed build week of 21 (which starts 16th March), I was told it was build week 20. The car can be built anytime during that build week. It takes around 10 days to build and to get to the appropriate centre takes 6-8 weeks.
The build dates are being pushed further due to parts mainly electronic chips as I understand it.

It doesn't take 10 days to build - They're built in a day - Prep usually starts at the end of the week before or early on in build week and then put together (hundreds come off the production line every day) they then go into checking etc - and then put on a train at Ingolstadt to the port - 24 hours shipping

The delays are being held at the ports at present and 21 days from UK port to Dealer

The build dates are being pushed further due to parts mainly electronic chips as I understand it.

It doesn't take 10 days to build - They're built in a day - Prep usually starts at the end of the week before or early on in build week and then put together (hundreds come off the production line every day) they then go into checking etc - and then put on a train at Ingolstadt to the port - 24 hours shipping

The delays are being held at the ports at present and 21 days from UK port to Dealer
Only going by what Audi UK tells me. Yip 10 days does sound a long time for build time. Will be going for an update next week.

Only going by what Audi UK tells me. Yip 10 days does sound a long time for build time. Will be going for an update next week.
They probably mean from start to finish including prep etc but they aren't very clear

The tracking website was so good, because you could actually login and it would show car is in prep, next day or so being built, then completed and would sit in checking before released to port and on it's way, but they've stopped it

Ordered end of feb. Dealer modified an existing stock order.
Build week was 12th April , 16th April at your port waiting to be transported Down to dealer. Collected 27th April.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must admit I'm starting to lose my bottle r/e the turbo blue colour choice... I might change my mind yet.....

I must admit I'm starting to lose my bottle r/e the turbo blue colour choice... I might change my mind yet....
Stay strong! I was having a Wobble before mine came but I am so glad I sticked with the colour.

Reactions: MF DOOMER
finally after exactly 6 month from ordering it mine has arrived at the dealership

Reactions: MF DOOMER and JezzaA
I must admit I'm starting to lose my bottle r/e the turbo blue colour choice... I might change my mind yet.....
my car is daytona and every time i see a turbo blue i feel a little bit of regret for not getting it

Reactions: MF DOOMER
my car is daytona and every time i see a turbo blue i feel a little bit of regret for not getting it
Ah but Daytona is a classic. I looked at mine today in the sunshine and i saw that wee bit of shimmer off the paintwork and it’s beautiful. Also doesn’t show up the dirt as bad as some. Although i may be biased as i’m on my 4th Daytona car ....

You won't regret it. It's the only car I've owned when complete strangers have commented "lovely colour" when getting out of it in car parks

Reactions: JezzaA and MF DOOMER