A3/S3 delivery lead time?

S3 sportback C+S, Pano roof, ambient lighting 19inch rims ordered 1st week of April. Currently unconfirmed 1st week October

A3 35TFSI S-Line , turbo blue, lumbar support on the front seats, C&S pack, diamond cut graphite grey wheels, s-tronic. Ordered 1st week in May. Original delivery was September, then build week 42 (October), then b/w 29, then 26, then 25. Was told it had gone into production in b/w 25 then, yesterday, was advised that it hadn't and was now scheduled for b/w 29. Today, they said it was still in production and that cars were now taking 3 weeks to build. So, I have no idea.

A3 30TFSI S Line S Tronic, C&S pack, extended ambient lighting, diamond cut alloys, flat bottom steering wheel, wireless charger, high beam assist, lumbar support & storage pack. Ordered Jan this year, still no confirmed build week. Estimated October.

For anyone who doesn't know, message Audi UK on Facebook with your commission number and they'll update you within the day. Far better than asking the dealer for me

Order 4 Feb 2021, A3 35 tfsi sline C+S, flat bottom steering wheel, wirless charging, extended lighting, diamond cut alloys... was initially told ETA end of May, then moved to end of July, now I have been told Aug, was recently given a confirmed build week for week commencing 5 July 2021.. contact audi today and been told

"Hi, your vehicle has a confirmed build schedule for this week. We are experiencing longer build times of around 4 weeks to complete production. If you want to call us back in a few weeks we will be able to check again on the production for you."

4weeks to build a car???

Anyone know what the ETA roughly would be feels like I have been waiting forever now...

Order 4 Feb 2021, A3 35 tfsi sline C+S, flat bottom steering wheel, wirless charging, extended lighting, diamond cut alloys... was initially told ETA end of May, then moved to end of July, now I have been told Aug, was recently given a confirmed build week for week commencing 5 July 2021.. contact audi today and been told

"Hi, your vehicle has a confirmed build schedule for this week. We are experiencing longer build times of around 4 weeks to complete production. If you want to call us back in a few weeks we will be able to check again on the production for you."

4weeks to build a car???

Anyone know what the ETA roughly would be feels like I have been waiting forever now...
Usually, 4-6 weeks to reach the dealer once the car is complete

Reactions: Hassaan_1
Mine was a little funny, ordered a S3 Sportback via lease company (car was in stock or so they say), 2/3 weeks later the car turns up on the trailer but behold it's a Saloon :haha:
Earliest delivery of sportback given was December/January - kept the Saloon with a heavy discount.

Reactions: DissentingWorm and Hassaan_1
This is a true story... I was waiting at a set of traffic lights yesterday and spotted a new Audi A3 Saloon in the parallel lane... I couldnt help but put my window down. . jesture to him to put his down. and ask him how long did he have to wait for the car..lol. he said it was a company car and they had to wait 26 weeks in total from the order date

Reactions: jdon2008, Wheezy556 and Maddave
The chaos continues for myself. Contacted Audi UK via Twitter to be told car was awaiting confirmation at Factory, has been since March.
Was told to ask dealer for more info. Audi contacted me 2 minutes later informing me that the car has been allocated estimated build week 34, 6th Sept.
Dealer- we have no update on your car.... seems left and right haven't a clue what the position is.

Reactions: Wheezy556
I purchased an A3 S Line 1.5 TFSI manual, in turbo blue, with the diamond cut alloys, comfort + sound pack and the extended interior light package. On the 27th June....

Reading this feed is making me doubt I'll even have it for Christmas

The chaos continues for myself. Contacted Audi UK via Twitter to be told car was awaiting confirmation at Factory, has been since March.
Was told to ask dealer for more info. Audi contacted me 2 minutes later informing me that the car has been allocated estimated build week 34, 6th Sept.
Dealer- we have no update on your car.... seems left and right haven't a clue what the position is.
I've just now received a further update. My vehicle is showing status 0 at the factory. Apparently Audi will be issuing a bulletin to all dealers explaining what this means. Anyone any idea.
Really starting to get p...ed off with them.
Thanks in advance

My order went in last Friday, dealer just emailed to say I have been given a provisional build date of week 2, reading through all of the posts here I hope I get mine before the petrol ban comes in 2040

Reactions: MF DOOMER and Rads
I've just now received a further update. My vehicle is showing status 0 at the factory. Apparently Audi will be issuing a bulletin to all dealers explaining what this means. Anyone any idea.
Really starting to get p...ed off with them.
Thanks in advance
That doesn't sound good to me at all. I can't find anything about what that means.

What spec did you go for A3/S3 as I'm lead to believe the build times and delays can be down to the spec and options you have ordered

What spec did you go for A3/S3 as I'm lead to believe the build times and delays can be down to the spec and options you have ordered
35 tfsi Auto, edition1 in Tango red. Options- advance key, spare wheel and roof bars. My daughter ordered 30tfsi auto in ibis white, s line with no options. Both in same position.

Just spoken to my dealer .
Car was originally due June then July , latest update car won’t be built until week 49 so realistically I won’t receive it before early January.
11months for a new car unbelievable.

S3 Vorsprung turbo blue ordered 17 February

Car was originally due June then July , latest update car won’t be built until week 49 so realistically I won’t receive it before early January.

Iam afraid to say, if I get that news then my order will be cancelled.

My god! That's awful! At this point Audi should stop taking new orders and fulfil their existing orders. Or be clear and transparent to new buyers.

Reactions: LesleyG, Spenk and jdon2008
My latest build update has gone from week 44 to week 43... small gains & all that!!!

Audi still confirming mine has been in build since last week...

Vehicle ordered is Audi A3 35 TFSI S Line [Comfort + Sound Pack] w Wireless Charging & 18" Graphite Grey Diamond Cut Alloys in Navarra Blue.

Audi still confirming mine has been in build since last week...

Vehicle ordered is Audi A3 35 TFSI S Line [Comfort + Sound Pack] w Wireless Charging & 18" Graphite Grey Diamond Cut Alloys in Navarra Blue.
I Would check again in a weeks time , some cars have started to be built , but because of availability of parts the build cannot be completed.

Reactions: jdon2008

That is absolutely shocking, i really feel for you. 11 months ! I hope you’ve read your dealer the riot act. Are you happy with the communication they have had with you on this ? Is it possible there’s more than just a build delay going on there ? I ordered my S3 on the same day as you, 17 Feb, and collected it on 22 April. Mine wasn’t a Vorsprung but still - how can Audi possibly explain the wildly different experiences here ? It’s so inconsistent.

Hi All, I’ve had my A3 on order since April. Got a confirmed build week28. What is the realistic delivery time? I’m sick of waiting now

Apparently I've got an unconfirmed build week of 40 but it keeps bouncing around so it's anyone's guess when I'll get mine.
Maybe Christmas

Ordered mine 27 April - phone call from dealer to confirm that they have it and I can pick it up. I will pick up next Friday.
A3 S-Line - Options Driver's convenience pack , phone box and lumber support. Gray 2.0 tdi 35 DSG

Reactions: MF DOOMER, Wheezy556, Maddave and 1 other person
Ordered mine 27 April - phone call from dealer to confirm that they have it and I can pick it up. I will pick up next Friday.
A3 S-Line - Options Driver's convenience pack , phone box and lumber support. Gray 2.0 tdi 35 DSG
It seems to be a lottery as people that ordered before you are still waiting for a build date let alone collection date.

Ordered mine early March, still waiting an estimated build week. Good luck with the pick up, happy motoring.

It seems to be a lottery as people that ordered before you are still waiting for a build date let alone collection date.
Happy for you....I'm not jealous at all:thumbs up:

• Haha
Reactions: jdon2008 and Maddave
Just been to my Audi dealer and have been told delivery has gone from mid August to mid November :wtf:

• Sad
Reactions: jdon2008
Just been to my Audi dealer and have been told delivery has gone from mid August to mid November :wtf:
Audi appear no different from other manufacturers. What appears to let them down is communication (or lack thereof)
I think they are going to see a number of cancellations. Whilst iam considering cancelling my order, I'm beginning to think that's exactly what Audi want. They would be far better putting a stop to new orders till they clear the massive backlog that they appear to have. Like you Iam in exactly the same boat. Coming up to six months from order and iam still waiting for my order to be accepted at the factory.

Finally got a confirmed build week today - week 30 commencing 26th July. It's taken just over 6 months to get my confirmed build week... God knows when it will actually be ready for collection.

Reactions: Hassaan_1, Wheezy556 and Rads
Audi appear no different from other manufacturers. What appears to let them down is communication (or lack thereof)
I think they are going to see a number of cancellations. Whilst iam considering cancelling my order, I'm beginning to think that's exactly what Audi want. They would be far better putting a stop to new orders till they clear the massive backlog that they appear to have. Like you Iam in exactly the same boat. Coming up to six months from order and iam still waiting for my order to be accepted at the factory.
The same as you Rads , really getting to me the lack of communication , and keep moving the build date without explanation and the changing of specs ,although at the moment on mine they have deleted power tailgate and the alicantra seats to some recycled material. Will have to wait and see what happens next.

The same as you Rads , really getting to me the lack of communication , and keep moving the build date without explanationcert and the changing of specs ,although at the moment on mine they have deleted power tailgate and the alicantra seats to some recycled material. Will have to wait and see what happens next.

The same as you Rads , really getting to me the lack of communication , and keep moving the build date without explanation and the changing of specs ,although at the moment on mine they have deleted power tailgate and the alicantra seats to some recycled material. Will have to wait and see what happens next.
Certainly far from ideal. You would appear to have had some communication. Audi can't or won't confirm if any of my specs have changed. Alcantara seats was one of the reasons I opted for the Edition 1. Audi can't confirm or deny spec change in this regard. I'm afraid if they do change the seats then my order will be cancelled. Someone may benefit from my six month wait and grab my build slot whenever that maybe.

Don't blame you , if there was something else I liked , I would do the same. Just going to wait for the moment and see what happens.

Reactions: Rads
I phoned my dealer about another issue I have with the S3 and he told me that he has ordered an A3 for a customer and the build week is 18, not sure of the trim/engine but he did mention the C&S pack.

Just this weekend signed the order form for an S3 (My wife's car to replace her Polo GTI) ... and told to expect delivery around April next year! Ordering ahead of an incoming 1.5% price rise too I am told. Ordered it with just enough spec to be a decent car and be a few quid under that £40,000 bracket where you get unfairly taxed for the first 5 years ...

So S3 SB
Metallic black
Red brake Callipers
The (cheaper of the two) 19 inch rims
Comfort and sound pack
Black interior

Reactions: NevMan and Rads