A3/S3 delivery lead time?

Just this weekend signed the order form for an S3 (My wife's car to replace her Polo GTI) ... and told to expect delivery around April next year! Ordering ahead of an incoming 1.5% price rise too I am told. Ordered it with just enough spec to be a decent car and be a few quid under that £40,000 bracket where you get unfairly taxed for the first 5 years ...

So S3 SB
Metallic black
Red brake Callipers
The (cheaper of the two) 19 inch rims
Comfort and sound pack
Black interior

Fair play, I just would not wait that long for a car. Ordered a JCW 2 weeks ago, delivery end Sept. Audi/VAG so so slow. Was quoted 30 weeks for Clubsport GTI

I chased Audi UK today, my order went in on the 27th June. I've got an unconfirmed build week of 47 (22nd November), which is subject to change.

By the looks of things, I'll be very lucky to get the car by close of 2021.

Just this weekend signed the order form for an S3 (My wife's car to replace her Polo GTI) ... and told to expect delivery around April next year! Ordering ahead of an incoming 1.5% price rise too I am told. Ordered it with just enough spec to be a decent car and be a few quid under that £40,000 bracket where you get unfairly taxed for the first 5 years ...

So S3 SB
Metallic black
Red brake Callipers
The (cheaper of the two) 19 inch rims
Comfort and sound pack
Black interior
Just had a chat with my dealer to amend an error on my order to keep it under 40k ROTR.
VED is based on ROTR price before any discounts so with your spec that must be over the £40,000 and into the 5 year tax loadings.

My order is:
S3 Sportback
Turbo Blue
Comfort and sound pack
And that's £15 short of £40k ROTR price before discounts.

Last edited:
I chased Audi UK today, my order went in on the 27th June. I've got an unconfirmed build week of 47 (22nd November), which is subject to change.

By the looks of things, I'll be very lucky to get the car by close of 2021.
At least you have an unconfirmed build date. My order went in beginning of March, still not acknowledged by the factory- with any sort of date, despite numerous enquiries. To be far, I had an unconfirmed date of 6th September, however that only lasted a day before they pushed me back to whenever? Really poor show by Audi.

I had this rely from Audi earlier today.

Hello Nick. We hope you are well. Thank you for contacting us here at Audi UK and for that information. We are always happy to provide you with an update to your order. Having checked, we can see that your vehicle has an unconfirmed build week of week 48 of 2021, which commences on November 29, 2021. With this being an unconfirmed build week, this means the dates can change to sooner or later dates until it has locked in a confirmed build week. Please do check back with us with in the next 2 weeks for further updates. We hope this helps.

I have just been advised unofficially that there will be delays on A3 with any of the following:

Pan Sunroof, Phone charger, Comfort and Sound pack.

It sounds like any Audi model with a Pan roof will have delays

I have just been advised unofficially that there will be delays on A3 with any of the following:

The 3 things I decided not to have. Fingers crossed it may be sooner than November then.

After placing my order at the end of January with an expected delivery of end of May/beginning of June, I am finally picking it up tomorrow.
Edition 1 with C&S pack, sunroof and rear air bags!
6108934E 5672 4B37 9EE7 BD57D0FF2AA4

Reactions: NevMan, Duncs, jdon2008 and 5 others
Email I recieved today yesterday

I am delighted that you have chosen Audi for your next vehicle purchase.

After liaising with our Product Marketing Team, I can confirm that the vehicle is scheduled for build week 40, 4 October 2021. This means that the vehicle should arrive at the selling Audi Centre by week 46, 15 November 2021.

9.5 month wait for me looks like :(

• Wow
Reactions: Maddave

After liaising with our Product Marketing Team, I can confirm that the vehicle is scheduled for build week 40, 4 October 2021. This means that the vehicle should arrive at the selling Audi Centre by week 46, 15 November 2021.

That’s very long, what spec did you go for.

That’s very long, what spec did you go for.
A3 tdi edition 1 no extras added
Was thinking maybe cancel and go for a hybrid golf GTE as I've been told wait is 5 months.
Really undecided at the moment

Reactions: NevMan
Was thinking maybe cancel and go for a hybrid golf GTE as I've been told wait is 5 months.
Hold out and look for updates going in to next month. I was told that things are picking back up now, only delays I know of now is if you have added extras like pan roof, wireless charge and the sound system upgrade.

You have a build week at least... that's positive.. hopefully it moves to the left in the comes weeks

Fair play, I would not wait that long for a car.

Thats good at least your getting updates and heading in the right direction,fingers crossed its brought forward. I am just getting messed about now, being told a bulletin will be issued, whatever that means. That was two weeks ago, still nothing. I was also informed the dealer was awaiting a new log in for the system, again a week ago.,still nothing.
Unfortunately all manufactures are in a similar boat or I would have cancelled. Now looking at any stock or demonstrators. Anything other than Audi to be far.

Thats good at least your getting updates and heading in the right direction,fingers crossed its brought forward. I am just getting messed about now, being told a bulletin will be issued, whatever that means. That was two weeks ago, still nothing. I was also informed the dealer was awaiting a new log in for the system, again a week ago.,still nothing.
Unfortunately all manufactures are in a similar boat or I would have cancelled. Now looking at any stock or demonstrators. Anything other than Audi to be far.
Message Audi UK on Facebook with you commission number and they’ll give you updates. They take about 24 hours to respond, sometimes in the same day. I’ve asked a few times and they are helpful

Message Audi UK on Facebook with you commission number and they’ll give you updates. They take about 24 hours to respond, sometimes in the same day. I’ve asked a few times and they are helpful
I have numerous times and whilst they come back to me , all the can tell me is ," your order is awaiting confirmation at the factory." They can tell.me.nothing further. Thanks anyway.

My build date (unconfirmed) has just been moved (again!) from end of July to the end of September. Thinking about cancelling but it’s what I get instead. Will a factory order with another manufacturer result in similar delays e.g Cupra Leon (only other car I like)? Worried about cancelling and then waiting even longer :grief:

My build date (unconfirmed) has just been moved (again!) from end of July to the end of September. Thinking about cancelling but it’s what I get instead. Will a factory order with another manufacturer result in similar delays e.g Cupra Leon (only other car I like)? Worried about cancelling and then waiting even longer :grief:
When did you order go in? Mine was March and still no estimated date.

Ordered 5th March 21 - A3 Saloon TFSI 35 Stronic Edition 1 + C&S Pack in Daytona. The estimates are worthless anyway, convinced that a massive company like Audi know what parts (and when) are available in their supply chain. Seems like they keep moving the goal posts a couple of months at a time to stop people cancelling instead of being honest with their customers, shady IMO.

Last edited:
Ordered 5th March 21 - A3 Saloon TFSI 35 Stronic Edition 1 + C&S Pack in Daytona. The estimates are worthless anyway, convinced that a massive company like Audi know what parts (and when) are available in their supply chain. Seems like they keep moving the goal posts a couple of months a time to stop people cancelling instead of being honest with their customers, shady IMO.
Same model as me with the addition of advance key, roof bars and in tango red. Totally agree with you, a company like Audi know exactly where parts are in the chain. Personally I think they are keeping chips etc for the larger more profitable models. Once I find a vehicle I like, I will be cancelling mine.

Agree with that there isn't enough of a profit margin in the A3 to warrant them allocating parts. Just leaves a sour taste when they cant be honest with their customers. Same would cancel if i could find another vehicle, had a look at in-stock leases but there is nothing i like. Also used cars are going for a song at the minute, presumably because factory orders are being delayed.

Reactions: Rads
Agree with that there isn't enough of a profit margin in the A3 to warrant them allocating parts. Just leaves a sour taste when they cant be honest with their customers. Same would cancel if i could find another vehicle, had a look at in-stock leases but there is nothing i like. Also used cars are going for a song at the minute, presumably because factory orders are being delayed.
Contacted my dealer this week. Ordered A3 Vorsprung saloon in Daytona with storage pack on 16th April. Originally allocated week 36 for build. Now informed build week is 46 so unlikely to see it before 2022. Have a guarantee on my PX though on my invoice which dealer says they will honour. Let’s hope they keep their word

Reactions: SeanyUK

If you do move, move away from VAG (Audi, VW, Seat etc) as their waiting times on factory orders are ridiculous

Reactions: SeanyUK
Contacted my dealer this week. Ordered A3 Vorsprung saloon in Daytona with storage pack on 16th April. Originally allocated week 36 for build. Now informed build week is 46 so unlikely to see it before 2022. Have a guarantee on my PX though on my invoice which dealer says they will honour. Let’s hope they keep their word

You probably want to check the value of your PX with WBAC, Motorway etc, as used values skyrocketing. My father in laws 2018 Mini Cooper went from £12k to £15.5k in a couple months. He ended up going for £14k as P/X so got an extra £2k.

I got a “guaranteed” £22k as P/X but in the end sold via Motorway for £23.6k

You probably want to check the value of your PX with WBAC, Motorway etc, as used values skyrocketing. My father in laws 2018 Mini Cooper went from £12k to £15.5k in a couple months. He ended up going for £14k as P/X so got an extra £2k.

I got a “guaranteed” £22k as P/X but in the end sold

Last week audi said my build week was 43.... now I'm being told I don't have a build date....... unbelievable

Not sure about the Phone Charger - i ordered my A3 on March - with phone charger and picked it up this week.

Not sure about the Phone Charger - i ordered my A3 on March - with phone charger and picked it up this week.
Audi are just not upfront with their customers. Was at a Volvo dealership this morning and spoke to at least 5 individual all driving Audis looking to jump ship due to Audi lack of customer care focus , changing build dates etc, Can't blame them.

Delighted that your has arrived. Are you happy with it? Wish you many miles of happy motoring.

I ordered an S3 Vorsprung Saloon in mid-June. Unsurprisingly, still no word of an estimated build date although the dealer said on ordering I should expect delivery before this year is out…..

Ordered early May. Was originally told build week 25. It now stands at build week 41.
S3 Vorsprung in Daytona grey with red brake callipers and upgraded 19’s

It's a nightmare. I sold my car im June as I got the asking price. I'm relying on work mates to get me into work now!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I sold mine in May ,luckily using the wife's car ,like you a pain in the ***.
I sold mine mid April. Luckily I have a company car to use until the Audi arrives. Fed up of driving it now though. Be worth it in the end I guess.

Just had a chat with my dealer to amend an error on my order to keep it under 40k ROTR.
VED is based on ROTR price before any discounts so with your spec that must be over the £40,000 and into the 5 year tax loadings.

My order is:
S3 Sportback
Turbo Blue
Comfort and sound pack
And that's £15 short of £40k ROTR price before discounts.
Hi ... Thanks for this...

I re checked with the salesman who said:-

"
all signed will update you with build week asap, the VED comes off the total OTR and therefore brings it under the £40k mark

So hopefully will be OK, TBH, after thinking about it I'd rather have the right spec than the cheaper tax.. although it does make me very angry... they brought that 40K limit in in 2017, four years on and it's still at 40k... despite price rises in the cars! .... I can see it staying at 40k until such time that a poverty spec Ford Fiesta costs that! (Fiscal creep) ...