A3/S3 delivery lead time?

I order my S3 Saloon in Turbo Blue back on 17th May. Was given a build week 38, then 42, 44 and 48. Got an update yesterday saying unconfirmed build week 43.

I order my S3 Saloon in Turbo Blue back on 17th May. Was given a build week 38, then 42, 44 and 48. Got an update yesterday saying unconfirmed build week 43.
It's always unconfirmed... Audi literally have no idea what they're doing.

But at the same time, my mate has ordered a 4 series BMW. He's been waiting 8 months and it still hasn't gone into build!

Ordered mine end of April ,got a confirmed build date for week commencing 6th September , BUT I was told by the salesman that it could still be held up with the chip shortage.
So keeping my fingers crossed .

Latest update from me, just found out the car is in transit! hopefully will get this month. This then begs the question, do I collect as soon as it's ready, or wait until next month to get the new reg plate?

Reactions: Maddave
Latest update from me, just found out the car is in transit! hopefully will get this month. This then begs the question, do I collect as soon as it's ready, or wait until next month to get the new reg plate?
I'd definitely wait! You've probably waited long enough as it is... What's another 3/4 weeks

When did you order pal?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I would wait . When you come to part exchange again would help with how much you get.

Update from Audi, "your now at status zero." Great update, its been that since order in March. I'm hearing new estimated build date are now into 2022.

Update from Audi, "your now at status zero." Great update, its been that since order in March. I'm hearing new estimated build date are now into 2022.
I've given up on this year. Plus wireless charging has been scrapped on all new builds

I've given up on this year. Plus wireless charging has been scrapped on all new builds

I'm about to give up completely, ditch Audi and look for something else, the issue is what?

I'm about to give up completely, ditch Audi and look for something else, the issue is what?
Semiconductors and microchips. They've offered me a measly £150 because they can't fit the wireless charger

That's what happened to mine.... I originally ordered in the beginning of may

My current car (Seat Leon) I'll be using as part ex...however my pcp deal runs out at the end of feb-22.... not sure what would happen If the A3 isnt ready before my PCP deal ends ??

My current car (Seat Leon) I'll be using as part ex...however my pcp deal runs out at the end of feb-22.... not sure what would happen If the A3 isnt ready before my PCP deal ends ??
My current car is an Audi A4 Avant. My pcp ran out in June this year. I had to extend my pcp by three months, however this looks as though it won't be long enough, hence possible cancellation and take custom elsewhere. Thing is where?

Just a quick update from AUDI and found out today that the confirmed build date is 6 Sept week. it was ordered on26 April. A3 Sportback Edition 1 40 TFSI Quattro Navarra Blue with C&S pack fingers crossed

Just a quick update from AUDI and found out today that the confirmed build date is 6 Sept week. it was ordered on26 April. A3 Sportback Edition 1 40 TFSI Quattro Navarra Blue with C&S pack fingers crossed
That's quick!!

• Haha
Reactions: Maddave
I just love the look of the new Audi.... I thought the previous model looked bland to he honest (although I hear the quality of the interior is better)

Imo it's by far the best looking hatchback around at the moment.... that's the reason why I'm waiting for order

Reactions: AdamInKent, DissentingWorm and Nick James
I just love the look of the new Audi.... I thought the previous model looked bland to he honest (although I hear the quality of the interior is better)

Imo it's by far the best looking hatchback around at the moment.... that's the reason why I'm waiting for order
I'm waiting myself, unless they take any more options off it. I will be pulling the plug then!!

I'm waiting myself, unless they take any more options off it. I will be pulling the plug then!!

Same.. if any of my extras get pulled... especially the diamond cut alloys... that's a red flag

Same.. if any of my extras get pulled... especially the diamond cut alloys... that's a red flag
Totally agree with you on the diamond cut alloys. They make the difference to the exterior. But these wouldn't be effected my any chip shortages etc. So I think we're safe.

I'm probably just as excited for you to get your car, as you are! From previous posts, our build is very similar, Turbo Blue S-Line with diamond cut Y alloys :friends:

Totally agree with you on the diamond cut alloys. They make the difference to the exterior. But these wouldn't be effected my any chip shortages etc. So I think we're safe.

I'm probably just as excited for you to get your car, as you are! From previous posts, our build is very similar, Turbo Blue S-Line with diamond cut Y alloys :friends:
Ha... yh those alloys make a big difference.

On a positive note im using this shambles as a lesson to improve my patience..lol

Just got a letter from Audi UK telling me what I think we all know, substantial delays but thanks for your patience. A joke really.

Evening all. I’m having the same problem of massive delays. Order placed on 15th March 21 with an estimated delivery of June 2021. Well that date came and went with no sign of the car.

Received the letter from Audi today apologising for the delay. So I contacted Audi UK. Been told my order still hasn’t been accepted. I’m at the point of cancelling and going somewhere else. Absolute joke!!!!!

Ordered an A3 S-Line 35 Tfsi manual, C+S, alloys, extended light pack and high beam assist.

How can a company accept orders and deposits at the dealership that the factory won’t accept.

Evening all. I’m having the same problem of massive delays. Order placed on 15th March 21 with an estimated delivery of June 2021. Well that date came and went with no sign of the car.

Received the letter from Audi today apologising for the delay. So I contacted Audi UK. Been told my order still hasn’t been accepted. I’m at the point of cancelling and going somewhere else. Absolute joke!!!!!

Ordered an A3 S-Line 35 Tfsi manual, C+S, alloys, extended light pack and high beam assist.

How can a company accept orders and deposits at the dealership that the factory won’t accept.
Iam exactly in the same boat. Car ordered in March 35 tfsi Edition1 s tronic with c+s. Daughter ordered a 30tfsi s troinc ( standard car) prior to me with expected delivery of May. Both still to be accepted at the factory. Recieved the same letter yesterday advising of delays. WV Audi group appear to be rather shambolic at the moment. They just keep fobbing customers off- enquire again in a fortnight etc. Stop taking orders, clear the backlog and be honest with people, i.e you won't see your vehicle this year. Surely they can do better than this.

Reactions: Phelan583
Iam exactly in the same boat. Car ordered in March 35 tfsi Edition1 s tronic with c+s. Daughter ordered a 30tfsi s troinc ( standard car) prior to me with expected delivery of May. Both still to be accepted at the factory. Recieved the same letter yesterday advising of delays. WV Audi group appear to be rather shambolic at the moment. They just keep fobbing customers off- enquire again in a fortnight etc. Stop taking orders, clear the backlog and be honest with people, i.e you won't see your vehicle this year. Surely they can do better than this
It’s so frustrating. They seems to be satisfying orders in a completely random order. Why are they taking orders they can’t fulfil.

I have the potential option to order a BMW 118i M-Sport for delivery before the end of September. It’s very tempting to cancel and go with the BMW.

It’s so frustrating. They seems to be satisfying orders in a completely random order. Why are they taking orders they can’t fulfil.

I have the potential option to order a BMW 118i M-Sport for delivery before the end of September. It’s very tempting to cancel and go with the BMW.
I was tempted by the 118i Msport. I actually prefer the look of these to the A3, but I'm an Audi man deep down.

Was ordered end of Jan and built and delivered to the dealer end of May.

Company car so had to wait for my current car to expire.

40 Tfsi E, S Line, S&C pack - 17" wheels to achieve 7% BiK

Was ordered end of Jan and built and delivered to the dealer end of May.

Company car so had to wait for my current car to expire.

40 Tfsi E, S Line, S&C pack - 17" wheels to achieve 7% BiK
The order in which they are satisfying orders seems completely random at the moment.
Guess I’ll be car shopping this weekend

I’ve just been told me car is on fleet 23/08 ‍♀️ Anyone know what this means? Build week was 28 and it’s been on order since end of March.

My vehicle went into build w/c 5th July, I've just received this response when I asked for an update:-

"The vehicle is still in production due to a delay and work is due to commence by the end of this week."

Not so sure I will be seeing my vehicle anytime soon unfortunately :disappointed:

My vehicle went into build w/c 5th July, I've just received this response when I asked for an update:-

"The vehicle is still in production due to a delay and work is due to commence by the end of this week."

Not so sure I will be seeing my vehicle anytime soon unfortunately :disappointed:
I was told on Friday delivery would be 23/08. I got an update yesterday…. Arrive at the dealership 4th October. Do not trust a word they say anymore, so frustrating!!

Reactions: jdon2008