A3/S3 delivery lead time?

I've just received a positive update from Audi that my build date has moved from week 7 of 2022 to week 47 this year..... that's a step in the right direction but that will still work out as a circa 8 month wait from order to delivery.

Also as others have pointed out I have very little confidence in these draft build dates... I've gone from week 43,36,35.47,46,7,47

I’ve lost all faith in Audi. Constantly told I should be getting a date soon, but that date never appears.
I am now looking at alternative cars and if I find something my order will be cancelled.
This is the first Audi I have ever purchased and will definitely be my last

I’ve lost all faith in Audi. Constantly told I should be getting a date soon, but that date never appears.
I am now looking at alternative cars and if I find something my order will be cancelled.
This is the first Audi I have ever purchased and will definitely be my last
Yip, totally agree with that. I'm in the same boat, trouble is finding an alternative vehicle I'm afraid.

I feel exactly the same as you guys and girl, if I could find an alternative, I would cancel mine , but can't find anything that i like ☹☹

I might have BMW 118i M Sport available for delivery at end of September. Cancelled order which can still be spec’d the way I want as it hasn’t reached that point of build yet

Last edited:
I've now been given a build week of 37 (unconfirmed) I still don't believe it will happen .

I believe Audi have just plucked these dates out of the sky to stop us all loosing hope and cancelling.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Reactions: MA3RC
I personally can't find a alternative to the new A3...i ñeed a break from driving a SEAT Leon FR...I'm not really feeling the new model

In my personal opinion the new BMW looks like it has a higher quality finish in the interior...but the exterior just looks really harsh to me... the rear looks decent but the front just doesn't do it for me....think it's something about the front grill

Reactions: AdamInKent and Nick James
Mines just arrived in U.K.,
I personally can't find a alternative to the new A3...i ñeed a break from driving a SEAT Leon FR...I'm not really feeling the new model

In my personal opinion the new BMW looks like it has a higher quality finish in the interior...but the exterior just looks really harsh to me... the rear looks decent but the front just doesn't do it for me....think it's something about the front grill
Always thought the front grills just look like giant nostrils

Did you have a MK3 or MK3 facelift model of the Leon? I used to have the original MK3 model when it was 'first LED headlights in its class.' Yours rattled much (trim)?

I had a 118i M Sport which I sold in May (hence why I ordered A3 at this point too) as was getting fortunes for it even though I only got it in March last year just before lockdown - absolutely loved mine but money talks :nomouth: :tearsofjoy: beautiful inside and lovely to drive

Reactions: MF DOOMER
I had a 118i M Sport which I sold in May (hence why I ordered A3 at this point too) as was getting fortunes for it even though I only got it in March last year just before lockdown - absolutely loved mine but money talks :nomouth: :tearsofjoy: beautiful inside and lovely to drive

Did you have a MK3 or MK3 facelift model of the Leon? I used to have the original MK3 model when it was 'first LED headlights in its class.' Yours rattled much (trim)?
MK3 facelift in desire red... Haven't noticed any rattling of the headlights..... lovely car to drive IMO

Reactions: jdon2008
The suspension is very firm... you feel everything but great for handling

Further update from Audi UK. Order still awaits confirmation at Factory, please check again in a week. No movement since order placed in March. Doubt I will see this vehicle this year. Giving till end of the month then iam afraid it will be cancelled.

Reactions: Phelan583
Just had a letter from cardiff Audi thanking me for my patience and telling me what I already know about the global shortage of semi conductors.
I've found an alternative. BMW M340i. Just need to get my deposit back from Audi!

Just had a letter from cardiff Audi thanking me for my patience and telling me what I already know about the global shortage of semi conductors.
I've found an alternative. BMW M340i. Just need to get my deposit back from Audi!

Totally agree with you. After this month,I will be trying to source something else, waisting no more time waiting for Audi who have no customer service or care .

Unfortunately i have cancelled my S3 order, i have gone for a M430i! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: MF DOOMER and Rads
To give you all some hope perhaps, my car is now at the port of Emden awaiting a boat. I ordered it (A3 S-Line 35TFSI auto, turbo blue, with lumbar support front seats, diamond cut graphite alloys and the C &S pack) on May 7th. The build week did move backwards and forwards but, essentially, went from b/w 46 to b/w 27. It spent 4 weeks in production (no chips) and has been at Emden just over a week.

Last edited:
Reactions: AdamInKent, Maddave and MF DOOMER
I ordered in February and was given the build week w/c 5th July, and i keep being told every other day that it's still in production and to check again the following week to see if there are any updates. A3 sline 35 tfsi stronic, c/s, diamond cut alloys, wireless charging, extended ambient lighting and flat bottom steering wheel. Been waiting too long now and it's becoming beyond a joke. People who have ordered after me are getting their cars before me.

When it comes to the final valuation of my part exchange vehicle I'm expecting a increase..considering that used car prices are going up

My car has been in production for 2 weeks, currently stuck on stage 2 out of 8... "waiting for a part".... going on 9 months now since I ordered, as a friend said to me yesterday, you could've had a baby in that time... says it all really.

Reactions: Hassaan_1
My car has been in production for 2 weeks, currently stuck on stage 2 out of 8... "waiting for a part".... going on 9 months now since I ordered, as a friend said to me yesterday, you could've had a baby in that time... says it all really.
How long does production usually take?

My parents ordered a Q3 from Cardiff in mid June and have just received the same letter as you. I ordered my A3 from Bridgend around the same time and haven't had any contact from the dealer at all. But I've been chasing Audi UK. Problem isn't just with the A3's.

Just received my apology letter from Audi .
Car now has build week 49 ,so realistically even if that’s accurate I will be lucky to see car in January.
My order went in on early February so nearly a year for a new car unbelievable.
Looks like a weekend of car shopping, no way am I waiting that long .

Just received my apology letter from Audi .
Car now has build week 49 ,so realistically even if that’s accurate I will be lucky to see car in January.
My order went in on early February so nearly a year for a new car unbelievable.
Looks like a weekend of car shopping, no way am I waiting that long .
Totally agree, Iam now looking to jump to BMW.

I agree, the Audi as by far the better looking car. I've been looking around and I am finding it hard to find anything I like, unless I increase the costs.

To give you all some hope perhaps, my car is now at the port of Emden awaiting a boat. I ordered it (A3 S-Line 35TFSI auto, turbo blue, with lumbar support front seats, diamond cut graphite alloys and the C &S pack) on May 7th. The build week did move backwards and forwards but, essentially, went from b/w 46 to b/w 27. It spent 4 weeks in production (no chips) and has been at Emden just over a week.
Make sure you post some pics when it arrives

Reactions: DissentingWorm
Ordered my Audi A3 30tfsi s-line in grey with ambient lighting pack and diamond cut alloys on the 11th December!!!
8months so far!?!?
Its status is currently at the port of Emden waiting for a ship to be allocated so it can come to the uk. It’s been like that for a week now.
How long have people waited until a ship has been allocated? When should I expect to receive my car?
Thanks.

Ordered my Audi A3 30tfsi s-line in grey with ambient lighting pack and diamond cut alloys on the 11th December!!!
8months so far!?!?
Its status is currently at the port of Emden waiting for a ship to be allocated so it can come to the uk. It’s been like that for a week now.
How long have people waited until a ship has been allocated? When should I expect to receive my car?
Thanks.
Probably another 5 weeks or so till it gets on a ship I’m afraid….

8months so far!?!?
Thanks.
Has anyone got any money off/extras due to waiting really long time to receive there A3s?

Has anyone got any money off/extras due to waiting really long time to receive there A3s?
I'm collecting my car next week, it only spent a week waiting at Emden. I was told 1-2 week wait at Emden