A3/S3 delivery lead time?

How is it possible that they don't know, surely a company as big as Audi should know exactly what stage it's at, unbelievable.
You'd think so wouldn't you. Last week it was on stage 2 of 8 so I literally asked what stage it's on now as it's a week later, their actual response was we don't know, try asking in a few days.

My car has left Emden yesterday. I’ve been told it will arrive in Grimsby by the weekend.
How long should I expect to wait until it arrives at the dealership?
(I ordered this car on 11th December 2020)

My car has left Emden yesterday. I’ve been told it will arrive in Grimsby by the weekend.
What model/spec. did you order?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

What model/spec. did you order?

Grey A3 1.0tsi s-line with upgraded diamon alloys and ambient lighting pack. What bout you?
Does anyone know how long it takes to get there car once it lands in Grimsby?

Grey A3 1.0tsi s-line with upgraded diamon alloys and ambient lighting pack. What bout you?
Does anyone know how long it takes to get there car once it lands in Grimsby?
I've gone for the S3 vorsprung. Ordered it on the 9th of April. Got an unconfirmed build date of week 46.

Reactions: Emiam
Hi everyone I’ve placed an order for a3 Edition 1 35 tdi s tronic in navara blue in February 2 and build weeks have gone back and forth I was given week 39 as a build week apparently that’s what my salesman told now these past 2 weeks I’ve been in contact with ACS and my salesman and have advised me that there is no build week has anyone else ordered a 35 tdi edition 1 and what’s going on build week wise
I have ordered the same model as you and given and estimated build date of week 39 although not confirmed. I have emailed again yesterday for an update but no further news as yet

I have ordered the same model as you and given and estimated build date of week 39 although not confirmed. I have emailed again yesterday for an update but no further news as yet
Have you tried messaging Audi UK on Facebook with your commission number?

Have you tried messaging Audi UK on Facebook with your commission number?
Yes have done frequently and it’s on 0 build week my salesman says it could be built at the end of the year but who knows as well as this chip issues there’s also problems with Diesel engines I’m told

That’s strange. I messaged them on Monday and they gave me a provisional week of 41. Just want a confirmed one now.

Damn that is a long wait. I ordered mine in early Dec 2020, and it arrived in the country in end April, and ready to delivery early May. However, mine is a bog standard Sport Trim (also 1.0TFSI) C&S no other options speced.

My experience in all previous lease cars and this Audi is that it would take 1 week (at its fastest) to receive, register and prep the car to be collected/delivered.

Damn that is a long wait. I ordered mine in early Dec 2020, and it arrived in the country in end April, and ready to delivery early May. However, mine is a bog standard Sport Trim (also 1.0TFSI) C&S no other options speced.

My experience in all previous lease cars and this Audi is that it would take 1 week (at its fastest) to receive, register and prep the car to be collected/delivered.
My experience with Audi is around 2 weeks from port to my front door. However, that was all before Brexit. There's more red tape at the ports now so it takes a little longer before they can be loaded on to a transporter and delivered to the dealer.

Today's update I had. Still build week 37 but still unconfirmed. Hope its confirmed soon.
How long before actual build did others get a confirmed date ?

Today's update I had. Still build week 37 but still unconfirmed. Hope its confirmed soon.
For what it’s worth I ordered an A3 Vorsprung in DG on 16th April, a couple of weeks ago given an unconfirmed build week of 46. ContactEd my dealer today who said I now have a confirmed build week of 37. However, will believe it only when it happens

Reactions: Wheezy556
I never got a confirmed build week. The updates went from b/w27 unconfirmed to in production.

Reactions: Wheezy556
Got an update from Audi UK yesterday., thanking me for my patience ( which as well and truly ran out) car still awaits confirmation at Factory. Ordered beginning of March and no movement. 35tfsi edition 1; even to get a provisional date would be a step!

Today, nearly 4 weeks after production started, production of my car has been "put on hold" due to a parts shortage. The new model will be out by the time we get our cars :sorrow:

Got an update from Audi UK yesterday., thanking me for my patience ( which as well and truly ran out) car still awaits confirmation at Factory. Ordered beginning of March and no movement. 35tfsi edition 1; even to get a provisional date would be a step!
I ordered start of June 35 tfsi s-tronic edition 1 and have provisional build and delivery date.

I ordered start of June 35 tfsi s-tronic edition 1 and have provisional build and delivery date.
Yip, I have heard a number of people have ordered after me and either have a build date or are in receipt of their vehicle. I wish you many happy miles of motoring when it comes. I'm now looking elsewhere.

Yip, I have heard a number of people have ordered after me and either have a build date or are in receipt of their vehicle. I wish you many happy miles of motoring when it comes. I'm now looking elsewhere.
Let us know what you end up getting

Its worth to check.stock car that what i did and got.new s3 for.35k with ambient comfort etc

My draft build date is still holding at week 47. I'm bracing myself for movement to the right again...

Does anyone think that certain dealers/lease companies can get their cars quicker. I have ordered Audi A3 5 Door Sportback 40eTFSI S Line Comfort+Sound Pack PHEV with quite a few extras. I ordered end of May through Zenith using my company salary sacrifice scheme and have been give a guaranteed delivery date of mid Oct. I have spoken to Zenith but they can't give me exact build dates or anything like that but still guarantee delivery when they said.

Last edited:
Does anyone think that certain dealers/lease companies can get their cars quicker. I have ordered Audi A3 5 Door Sportback 40eTFSI S Line Comfort+Sound Pack PHEV with quite a few extras. I ordered end of May through Zenith using my company salary sacrifice scheme and have been give a guaranteed delivery date of mid Oct. I have spoken to Zenith but they can't give me exact build dates or anything like that but still guarantee delivery when they said.
To be honest, I Dont know. I do however wish you good luck.

So your saying the factory hasn’t even accepted the order ?

My car is due at the dealership W/C 04/10 and had a build wk28. I would’ve thought if they’re still confirming mid October, that it would be built already? Who knows….

Audi have extended their staff summer holidays until the 31st of August. Both factories are closed until then. When they do return they will be on reduced hours. Dealerships are not informing us of that!

Pushed back a week. 46 to 47

Hmmmm... not the end of the world,But not great! I'm going to ask for an update tomorrow
Audi have extended their staff summer holidays until the 31st of August. Both factories are closed until then. When they do return they will be on reduced hours. Dealerships are not informing us of that!

Where are you getting that information from?

Mine has stayed at unconfirmed week 46 for the last 4 weeks

Mine has stayed at unconfirmed week 46 for the last 4 weeks
That’s not bad I was given week 39 unconfirmed but went to 47 46 42 and now I’m on 0 I’ve order a diesel edition 1 I’m told by the dealer that these a holt on Diesel engines and has advised me to go for a petrol but I prefer diesel low down grunt

I’ve been pushed back again. I’ve had week 42, 46, 49, then it was briefly brought forward to week 44, however my latest update today is build in January of next year. Ordered in March so as it stands it’s looking like a full year from order to delivery for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk