A3/S3 delivery lead time?

Do you just use Facebook messenger to get in touch with Audi ?
I need to know if my car is BW27 ( July ) and it’s at stage 20 how isn’t it here and why is it at stage 20 which as far as I know means it’s not built yet ?
I contact them through Audi Uk on Facebook messenger. Usually get back to you the same day

Reactions: iang27
Just had a call and according to them the car was built wk27 but was not completed.
I cannot imagine they half build a car then send it back on the production line to add parts they missed at random intervals.
Really don’t know what to believe.

Today's update - After nearly 7 weeks of production, my car has finally been built and is on it's way to port of exit! Now for the painful wait for it to arrive in the UK, hopefully by the end of the month.

HI all. Not been on here for years but managed to get a new Edition 1 as the local dealer had one come in so snapped it up straight away. Collect Thursday once it’s all registered etc.

Exchanging my A4 S-Line 2017 on my PCP so seems I got lucky timing wise and wanted to downsize. Edition 1 is basic spec with no add ons. But looks awesome. Photo taken isn’t the best as car was dirty. But will be all sorted when I collect Thursday.View attachment 242511
Congrats I’ve got a Ed1 and I’m sure you will love it.
p. s. It takes a brave man to come on here and say they just walked into a showroom and picked a car up given the amount of delays and general animosity towards Audi. I’m sure they will not hold it against you. :thumbs up:

Today's update - After nearly 7 weeks of production, my car has finally been built and is on it's way to port of exit! Now for the painful wait for it to arrive in the UK, hopefully by the end of the month.

Was your car part built then other parts added at various stages ?
Just with you saying 7 weeks in production.
I am trying to figure out what mine is doing.

I heard today, they are prioritising dealership orders :( my car is through a leasing company so god knows when I’ll see it

Was your car part built then other parts added at various stages ?
Just with you saying 7 weeks in production.
I am trying to figure out what mine is doing.
No idea, each time I asked for an update they just said it was status 20 "in production". This went on for about 7 weeks, I did query if it was part built and just sitting around for other parts but they kept avoiding the question by saying there was a "parts shortage". So whether production started when all the parts were ready or it simply sat around for weeks at various stages, I don't think we'll ever know....

Just had a reply from Audi and I am no further forward really. They haven’t said if it’s part built, fully built, not built or if it is anywhere near being built !

‘Good afternoon, Ian. We hope you're well. We have checked your order and can see this is still showing as in production, your vehicle is one of those which has been impacted by the delays and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. We would advise you to liaise with your selling Audi Centre as they will be best to update you on any movement on this and your current options’

Congrats I’ve got a Ed1 and I’m sure you will love it.
p. s. It takes a brave man to come on here and say they just walked into a showroom and picked a car up given the amount of delays and general animosity towards Audi. I’m sure they will not hold it against you. :thumbs up:
That’s a very good point and I should have thought about that.…! I was shocked when they called and said they had two but only one was the Edition 1 so was quick to react.

Just had a reply from Audi and I am no further forward really. They haven’t said if it’s part built, fully built, not built or if it is anywhere near being built !

‘Good afternoon, Ian. We hope you're well. We have checked your order and can see this is still showing as in production, your vehicle is one of those which has been impacted by the delays and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. We would advise you to liaise with your selling Audi Centre as they will be best to update you on any movement on this and your current options’
Yes that's basically the same reply I got every time I asked.

Another update ‍♀️

Attachments

• B4CCC53C-0014-416D-AA1D-8651B9AFF6E4.jpeg
    B4CCC53C-0014-416D-AA1D-8651B9AFF6E4.jpeg
    108.4 KB · Views: 120
I heard today, they are prioritising dealership orders :( my car is through a leasing company so god knows when I’ll see it
I feel like that could be just an excuse as they don't have a clue themselves.

Reactions: MrsCox
Mine was from a leasing company, ordered early Dec 2020 (before the Brexit and chips fiasco), originally estimated for end March, then got an email that pushed to April, then it finally arrived in mid May, but I was out of the country, so they only delivered it to me only end July.

Reactions: Nick James
I called acs yesterday and said they were able to allocate a build week of 44 then today contacted them Via Twitter and said that there is no build week assigned to the vehicle so I gave them a call back and said there system allowed them to assign my car a build but the factory cannot accommodate that build week for my vehicle it very frustrating and upsetting man

I emailed Audi asking what the BW27 and stage 20 meant but all I got back was this,

“ Due to the ongoing delays caused by bottleneck, and supply chain issues, we're not able to confirm or guarantee your vehicle will be delivered by 25th September as your dealer informed you, nor can we advise on an expected delivery date at this stage, as your order is still showing as being in production. Once production is complete, the order tracking system will be updated accordingly, and updates are sent from our Factory on a weekly basis. If you need help with anything else, do let us know.”

Again.... my draft build date has held at week 47.... this is the longest period that there has be no movement in the forecast..... i guess this makes sense the closer you get to the draft date.

My car is scheduled to be built next week.
It held for a good few weeks before being locked in so maybe hope for you to get locked in soon

Reactions: MF DOOMER and Nick James
Good evening, David. Your order does appear to be in the production stage; the next update we will be able to see is when the production has been completed. Please feel free to check for a further update in a couple of weeks.
Looking at recent posts ,I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but realistically expecting several weeks.

Good evening, David. Your order does appear to be in the production stage; the next update we will be able to see is when the production has been completed. Please feel free to check for a further update in a couple of weeks.
Looking at recent posts ,I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but realistically expecting several weeks.
When was your order placed and what spec you gone for?

Ordered 21st April. Daytona grey ,1 edition 35 TFSI ,manual ,panoramic roof ,comfort and sound ,storage pack. Advanced key fob, did order power tailgate but they removed that.

Was using the wife's car for first three months, but have since bought a £450 banger off of facebook ,with mot until the beginning of February.
But it is very much a banger ,only 5 miles from work ,but every trip is an adventure lol.
Hopefully will last till I get my car.

Ordered 21st April. Daytona grey ,1 edition 35 TFSI ,manual ,panoramic roof ,comfort and sound ,storage pack. Advanced key fob, did order power tailgate but they removed that.
As you ordered it in April and Powered Tailgate is still available for Vorsprung models you would think they would honour that as it wasn't removed from the options until later than that - I'd drop the Advanced Key and save yourself some money unless you really want it - I only put that on as you needed it to get the powered tailgate

As you ordered it in April and Powered Tailgate is still available for Vorsprung models you would think they would honour that as it wasn't removed from the options until later than that - I'd drop the Advanced Key and save yourself some money unless you really want it - I only put that on as you needed it to get the powered tailgate
Must admit I am a bit narked that they removed the powered tailgate, like you said they should honour it as I ordered when it was an option.
Had advanced key with my previous ford, and just found it handy.

Must admit I am a bit narked that they removed the powered tailgate, like you said they should honour it as I ordered when it was an option.
Had advanced key with my previous ford, and just found it handy.
That's fair enough - I'd never had it before so wouldn't have ordered it - To be honest apart from the foot gesture thing to open the boot, it doesn't need advanced key for the powered tailgate as such just Audi's way of squeezing some more cash out of us

I emailed Audi asking what the BW27 and stage 20 meant but all I got back was this,

“ Due to the ongoing delays caused by bottleneck, and supply chain issues, we're not able to confirm or guarantee your vehicle will be delivered by 25th September as your dealer informed you, nor can we advise on an expected delivery date at this stage, as your order is still showing as being in production. Once production is complete, the order tracking system will be updated accordingly, and updates are sent from our Factory on a weekly basis. If you need help with anything else, do let us know.”
Mine was confirmed BW27, and also sat at stage 20 - although the dealer did not tell me what stage 20 meant.. it was like that for about a month before I had confirmation it had moved to Emden. JCT600 said they had quite a few that appeared to have "stuck" at stage 20 - which I comically interpreted as lost in factory....

You must be near the end now - and once you have driven for a few days, all this pain is forgotten (ish)

Reactions: iang27
Very interesting...... I'm on a PCP deal. The only positive coming from these lead time delays is that the car I'm using as Part exchange is significantly increased in Value.... my car was initally valued at 10k with circa 9.5k left to pay on the settlement balance.... now WBAC have valued the car at £13.1k and the settlement balance is reduced to circa 8k.... quids in. However by the time my new Audi is ready who knows what the used car market will be in??? (Although I can't see it changing anytime soon)
Not wanting to burst your bubble on this, but....

When you ordered (all those months ago when we were all in lockdown!) did you get an Audi contribution discount and/or a dealer discount at the same time? If so you may suffer the same fate as I did.

My PX (8V 67 plate sline with 46k miles) was valued by the dealer at £13k in Feb - WBAC £11.7k. When we closed the deal two weeks ago - WBAC valuation £16k - HOWEVER, for them to revalue the P/X, they stated they had to cancel the original deal I signed as it was a Q1 campaign, and have a new deal in the Q3 campaign - with no discounts offered from Audi or the dealership ultimately swallowing the increase in equity and nulling any benefit. I therefore opted to go with the original deal and at least take a small amount back from the increase in value - but this was not as expected, and to be perfectly honest left a sour taste in what should have been a great day.

Not wanting to burst your bubble on this, but....

When you ordered (all those months ago when we were all in lockdown!) did you get an Audi contribution discount and/or a dealer discount at the same time? If so you may suffer the same fate as I did.

My PX (8V 67 plate sline with 46k miles) was valued by the dealer at £13k in Feb - WBAC £11.7k. When we closed the deal two weeks ago - WBAC valuation £16k - HOWEVER, for them to revalue the P/X, they stated they had to cancel the original deal I signed as it was a Q1 campaign, and have a new deal in the Q3 campaign - with no discounts offered from Audi or the dealership ultimately swallowing the increase in equity and nulling any benefit. I therefore opted to go with the original deal and at least take a small amount back from the increase in value - but this was not as expected, and to be perfectly honest left a sour taste in what should have been a great day.
Hmmmm I've got quite abit of incentives discounts on my deal.... if they can't come close to WBAC 's valuation I'll be taking ownership of my car and selling to them...and i won't accept waiting this long only for Audi to pull the rug from under my feet... I would absolutely kick right off..... proper beast mode lol

Hmmmm I've got quite abit of incentives discounts on my deal.... if they can't come close to WBAC 's valuation I'll be taking ownership of my car and selling to them...and i won't accept waiting this long only for Audi to pull the rug from under my feet... I would absolutely kick right off..... proper beast mode lol
That was my first response also - take my car out of the deal, but they would not allow this under the deal as it stood, otherwise that is precisely what I would have done - if I did take my car out, they would have been forced to start a new Q3 deal.

I am still not convinced that the systems are that inflexible, and feel that, like all car dealers, they are inherently bent - but still pretty naffed off to be thousands out of pocket with rising second hand car prices being the only good thing to come out of this pandemic and elongated wait.

I would say that at least **** Turpin had the decency to wear a mask, but under covid rules, so do they....

Richard Turpin (using his Sunday name) has obvs been assessed by the board as a swear word - sorry if the quote did not make sense!

That was my first response also - take my car out of the deal, but they would not allow this under the deal as it stood, otherwise that is precisely what I would have done - if I did take my car out, they would have been forced to start a new Q3 deal.

I am still not convinced that the systems are that inflexible, and feel that, like all car dealers, they are inherently bent - but still pretty naffed off to be thousands out of pocket with rising second hand car prices being the only good thing to come out of this pandemic and elongated wait.

I would say that at least **** Turpin had the decency to wear a mask, but under covid rules, so do they....
Wow.... I'm going to have to hope my dealeship shows more flexibility..... like you say I'm sure If they wanted to they could let you take the part ex car off the table & retain the incentives/contributions

I nearly walked away - problem being this would not bother them, they had a car they could sell in a heartbeat, and although I would get a better price for mine, I would be back to square one, and no-one will be offering the discounts they were early this year.....

And the 8Y is a superb car.

I got a very good discount/incentive for my S3 Vorsprung at Cardiff Audi. I wasn't happy with the part ex value they offered so the salesman suggested to sell it privately. I did and got 5k more than they were offering. I still kept the discount. Only trouble is, I sold my car in May and have been without one since!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I got a very good discount/incentive for my S3 Vorsprung at Cardiff Audi. I wasn't happy with the part ex value they offered so the salesman suggested to sell it privately. I did and got 5k more than they were offering. I still kept the discount. Only trouble is, I sold my car in May and have been without one since!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
So that's different to @Duncs experience... seems like this isn't a uniform approach