A3/S3 delivery lead time?

Mine has just arrived at Emden and is now waiting for a ship to the UK, let's see how long that takes...

Reactions: Maddave and Wheezy556
I’m in shock !!

“I’m pleased to say this one is finally built and in transit!! That means it should be good for October delivery, but I don’t think it will be here in time for the end of September”

Reactions: Maddave
Is anyone else finding Audi are becoming slower in replying to build week requests? Almost 2 days and no reply for me.

Is anyone else finding Audi are becoming slower in replying to build week requests? Almost 2 days and no reply for me.
Yes, and if you're a super excited person like me who would like to check every day given the option, it gets annoying to me to message them once a week. Bring back the tracker.

I try and limit my updates to once a week..... although I can't control myself and end up asking once every 4 or 5 days

I try and limit my updates to once a week..... although I can't control myself and end up asking once every 4 or 5 days
Haha! I try every fortnight. In the hope that if I pestered them anymore, they'd intentionally delay my order :sex:

Finally got my update, I've slipped a week from 42 to 43, so the 25th October. Ordered 27th June.

I got an update from Audi themselves this afternoon,

Good afternoon, Ian.
We have great news for you, your vehicle is on status 30 and is in transit from the factory. Your vehicle will arrive to the UK Port of Grimsby soon and then will be transported to Leicester Audi. Not long to go now until you will receive your brand new Audi A3 Sportback.

Please check back with us next week for a further update. Hope this helps.

Reactions: DissentingWorm, MF DOOMER, jdon2008 and 1 other person
I got an update from Audi themselves this afternoon,

Good afternoon, Ian.
We have great news for you, your vehicle is on status 30 and is in transit from the factory. Your vehicle will arrive to the UK Port of Grimsby soon and then will be transported to Leicester Audi. Not long to go now until you will receive your brand new Audi A3 Sportback.

Please check back with us next week for a further update. Hope this helps.
Fantastic news… not jealous at all. Did you have BW27?

Fantastic news… not jealous at all. Did you have BW27?
Yes, same as you. Last week they wouldn’t say any more than it was at stage 20 but things are progressing. I presume it’s on its way to the port now. Probably take weeks to get here now.
Hope yours is also nearly here.

Yes, same as you. Last week they wouldn’t say any more than it was at stage 20 but things are progressing. I presume it’s on its way to the port now. Probably take weeks to get here now.
Hope yours is also nearly here.
I’ve probabaly peed off my sales guy that much he’s telling them to delay it
I bet you’re buzzing! I hope it arrives in good time!

Finally got my update, I've slipped a week from 42 to 43, so the 25th October. Ordered 27th June.
I went from 11th October to 1st November. Ordered 16th June. Still down as provisional currently and nothing confirmed.

Latest update. Estimated build week has been brought forward from week 14 to week 3. Won't hold my breath that it doesn't get pushed back again. Really fed up with it all now to be honest. I'd go as far as saying I'm now off the car completely.

Latest update. Estimated build week has been brought forward from week 14 to week 3. Won't hold my breath that it doesn't get pushed back again. Really fed up with it all now to be honest. I'd go as far as saying I'm now off the car completely.
I don’t blame you but it’s better then build week 0 I’ve so fed up man they keep telling me it’s because it’s diesel and that delaying further

And there proving to be very faulty and this has put me off the car more then waiting for a build week

And there proving to be very faulty and this has put me off the car more then waiting for a build week
I've not heard of many faults to be fair, however time will tell. Just unfortunate there is little choice / stock out there to allow the purchase of something else

I've not heard of many faults to be fair, however time will tell. Just unfortunate there is little choice / stock out there to allow the purchase of something else
Yeah there’s a tread on here it goes by the name of picked up the car but check it out

Reactions: Rads
From my lease company earlier this week, sounds like nonsense to me. Probably sick of me mithering for an update :wink:

"Since my last update the factories have changed the way the update, this is due to the ongoing global semi conductor chip shortage and as a result, factory are only providing ETAs once the vehicle leaves them and makes its way to the EU port. It is usually 4 to 6 weeks from factory to the dealer."

Just been in touch with my dealer said there is manufacturing issues with models with pan roof said deliveries could be 20 , 30 weeks plus

I’ve just given up on the whole idea now. Can’t get a straight answer, was excited for this new car as I’ve not had a new one in 8 years. The whole situation has put me off my excitement which is unfortunate.

Just been in touch with my dealer said there is manufacturing issues with models with pan roof said deliveries could be 20 , 30 weeks plus
I wonder whether this will speed up cars without the panroof? I can't imagine they'd have half built cars laying around. Especially with the shortage of chips.

Much to my surprise, I've just had an update that my car is on a ship to the UK already!

Reactions: Wheezy556, Maddave, MF DOOMER and 1 other person
I ordered in March, got update from dealer yesterday stating my build had been brought forward from week 14 to week 3. Got message from Audi who stated my build had been pushed back to week 15. Its just unbelievable. Left right etc.
A year wait for an Audi A3, hardly top drawer motoring.

How long you been waiting?
Ordered Jan, build week was end of July, was in production for 7 weeks. It only took 1 week from build completion to being on a ship to the UK, very surprised, thought I'd be waiting at least a month for that! It's been a long, long wait, but hopefully the end is nigh! Although, knowing my luck I wouldn't be surprised if my car somehow got lost at sea....

• Haha
Reactions: Maddave
Ordered Jan, build week was end of July, was in production for 7 weeks. It only took 1 week from build completion to being on a ship to the UK, very surprised, thought I'd be waiting at least a month for that! It's been a long, long wait, but hopefully the end is nigh! Although, knowing my luck I wouldn't be surprised if my car somehow got lost at sea....
I wonder if mine is on the boat with yours.
I also ordered January and had BW27, A week ago I was told it was on its way.
I will ask for an update on Monday.

I wonder if mine is on the boat with yours.
I also ordered January and had BW27, A week ago I was told it was on its way.
I will ask for an update on Monday.
That sounds exactly like mine. I only found out today it was on a boat via FB messenger.

I’ve a sportback 35TFSI S-Line Stronic with comfort and sound on order through a broker, was given December delivery which is now put back to January. Anyone know if this model or specs is subject to any parts shortages etc which could possibly delay the car.

I really want another update via Audi twitter but its only been 5 days since the last one.:grimacing: The Last update was week 49 (slipped from week 47)

I really want another update via Audi twitter but its only been 5 days since the last one.:grimacing: The Last update was week 49 (slipped from week 47)
Message them tomorrow, they told me to check back weekly. Tomorrow will be 6 days which is pretty much a week. We all just want answers.

My car has arrived in the UK! Was much quicker than expected and it didn't get lost at sea! Now to wait for dealer to collect from port...

Reactions: Hassaan_1, MF DOOMER, iang27 and 2 others
Greetings! First post and all that .. Ordered my first ever Audi A3 yesterday (wifes had them for years, but as my current lease is coming to an end, time to waive goodbye to my Volvo V40 R-Design T3, which they've now stopped producing). So A3 Sportback, 35 TFSI 150 S-Line (Comfort & Sound Pack, Navaraa Blue, 18in 5-y Spoke Diamnd Cut alloys). So my million dollar question .. Any ideas on a rough lead time for the Spec I've chosen? :)

My car has arrived in the UK! Was much quicker than expected and it didn't get lost at sea! Now to wait for dealer to collect from port...
Ooh, that’s good news. J I’m better message Audi tomorrow then to see if mine did join yours on the boat.

Reactions: Ludus
Greetings! First post and all that .. Ordered my first ever Audi A3 yesterday (wifes had them for years, but as my current lease is coming to an end, time to waive goodbye to my Volvo V40 R-Design T3, which they've now stopped producing). So A3 Sportback, 35 TFSI 150 S-Line (Comfort & Sound Pack, Navaraa Blue, 18in 5-y Spoke Diamnd Cut alloys). So my million dollar question .. Any ideas on a rough lead time for the Spec I've chosen? :)
Hi and welcome.
To be honest, your guess is as good as mine. I ordered an edition1 with comfort and sound pack in March. Have been update again today that estimated build is week 13 next year. Was supposed to pick up mid to end Sept this year. All rather a mess really. I do hear some folk are lucky and had a relative quick delivery. Good luck

Hello and welcome :)

Your spec is the same as mine, although a different colour. I ordered on the 27th June and have an estimated build date of the 25th October. But I'm not holding out hope as they change weekly.

I think a 6 month, absolute minimum is to be expected. Audi just can't keep up with demand so it seems.

I would say 6-8 months minimum, maybe more, Mine was ordered January before they announced the parts shortage and mine isn’t here yet !
The comfort and Sounds seems to delay thing I think.

Thanks folks. Wow some of you have been waiting for quite some time! Certainly hope you get yours soon as waited ling enough!

My current lease runs out in September next year, so was anticipating at least a six month wait (so be on a 22 plate come March onwards) hence started that process now, so in no rush really - long as it comes before this time next year! just we all want our new wheels as soon as you sign the dotted line! :)