A3/S3 delivery lead time?

Hi, new to this group. Ordered an A3 Sportback Sport 35 TFSI early June and was told car had BW 35. Been following this forum for a while and seen how long the wait for cars is.
BW passed and I thought I would have months to wait but pleasantly surprised by receiving an email from Audi on Wednesday saying car has been built.
How long usually does it take to come from the factory to the dealer? Nics
Would love to know how order priority works as I’m an early April order which still hasn’t been built

Seems it's not just the new builds that are delayed. I hit a deer in my A3 8Y - it needs a new grille. there are none in the UK and I've been waiting for 3 weeks for it to be shipped from Germany. All the body shop get told is - it's in the system for despatch!.

Hi, new to this group. Ordered an A3 Sportback Sport 35 TFSI early June and was told car had BW 35. Been following this forum for a while and seen how long the wait for cars is.
BW passed and I thought I would have months to wait but pleasantly surprised by receiving an email from Audi on Wednesday saying car has been built.
Anything up to 8 weeks some cars can be sat at the port 5-6 weeks awaiting a ship

Reactions: Paisley Princess and jdon2008
Seems it's not just the new builds that are delayed. I hit a deer in my A3 8Y - it needs a new grille. there are none in the UK and I've been waiting for 3 weeks for it to be shipped from Germany. All the body shop get told is - it's in the system for despatch!.
should ask me I can have used good condition every week ha :D

I spoke to my sales guy yesterday. They won’t send a ship until it’s full due to the customs chargers. My car is due in 2 weeks and the only delay now could be due to the ship not being full. one thing after another!
Anything up to 8 weeks some cars can be sat at the port 5-6 weeks awaiting a ship

Reactions: Paisley Princess
I spoke to my sales guy yesterday. They won’t send a ship until it’s full due to the customs chargers. My car is due in 2 weeks and the only delay now could be due to the ship not being full. one thing after another!
My current car was at the port for 5 weeks 2 weeks later it was ready for myself to pick up at the dealership but my dealership was Grimsby Audi which is right next to the shipping port dealerships further out will take longer to receive their cars

Reactions: Paisley Princess
Mine has been pushed back two months and was supposed to be last week(39) and still not confirmed. They messaged me back with check next week
Ye my date was 31/12 but the dealer is saying Feb/march now I ordered it in July

So I've had my car for 5 days now and all I can say is WOW! The car is definitely worth the wait guys, so as hard as it is, try to hold tight. I would definitely say the hype was worth my 10 month wait.

Also one thing that's notable after driving it for 5 days, I've not had 1 single error message! Maybe vehicles are now being shipped with new software?

View attachment 243930View attachment 243931
Everyone keeps telling me to cancel but I can't I've fell in love and already brought all my bits for it so it better be worth it

Reactions: Ludus
So the wing mirror housing on a new S Line is black, not body coloured? Ugh. Dont like that, very penny pinching indeed (also not what the 'Build my A3' shows you when you choose a colour, it's the same as the car colour!)
It should have said if they would be black or colour coded depends on the build choice the edition 1 is colour coded

Reactions: NigelG
Everyone keeps telling me to cancel but I can't I've fell in love and already brought all my bits for it so it better be worth it

Same as me .. If I'd have know at the outset that my September order is likely to take almost a year between ordering and it being on my driveway, I would probably have not pressed the button and gone elsewhere. Having said that, the same situation will probably be with every other manufacturer as well, so no matter where you go, you'd get unprecedented delays and disruption . . . I am sure it will be worth the wait and I've only just started mine and already feeling a bit, meh.

Reactions: JustLulu
What spec I ordered start of july I'm being told Feb/march now

Same as me .. If I'd have know at the outset that my September order is likely to take almost a year between ordering and it being on my driveway, I would probably have not pressed the button and gone elsewhere. Having said that, the same situation will probably be with every other manufacturer as well, so no matter where you go, you'd get unprecedented delays and disruption . . . I am sure it will be worth the wait and I've only just started mine and already feeling a bit, meh.
I've waited 2 year's saving up and ( should have been one but covid came and saw no point of having it left on the drive when I couldn't leave due to being high risk)with my partner. Driving me everywhere I hate having no freedom and won't drive his car so I can wait a little longer for my freedom if I had known I would have ordered last year

Mine was as ‘port of exit released’ for a week then left on the ship on 30th sept arriving in Grimsby on 31st sept.
As of earlier this week it was still at Grimsby awaiting transport to the dealer.
I asked for an update yesterday but their system was down so I don’t know if it’s still at Grimsby or has left.

I had the same thought but like you say it’ll be the same with any manufacturer. I’m in the process of placing an order on 2 Vauxhall Vivaro for work and was told 6-9months lead time which is crazy.

Reactions: NigelG
Game on, just had this from Audi.

Hi, Ian. We hope you're well. We have checked your order and can confirm this has arrived at the Audi Centre, this arrived on 07/10/21 and will now get ready for you to collect. You will be contacted by the Audi Centre soon. We wish you all the best.

Reactions: jdon2008, Ludus, NigelG and 3 others
Game on, just had this from Audi.

Hi, Ian. We hope you're well. We have checked your order and can confirm this has arrived at the Audi Centre, this arrived on 07/10/21 and will now get ready for you to collect. You will be contacted by the Audi Centre soon. We wish you all the best.
Should have it very soon, mine spent 24 hours at my dealership before it was delivered to me :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: iang27
It should have said if they would be black or colour coded depends on the build choice the edition 1 is colour coded
Hope not my edition 1 should be gloss black. Won't be happy if they come colour coded to car.

Hope not my edition 1 should be gloss black. Won't be happy if they come colour coded to car.
Edition 1 are 100% black... As well as the vorsprung. SLine and below are colour coded.

Reactions: Rads and NigelG
I'm sure when I did mine it showed the mirrors the same colour as the body
Capture

I'm sure when I did mine it showed the mirrors the same colour as the body
They are black as is the Grill and window surrounds etc - It comes with the Black Styling pack as standard - If you select Turbo Blue and then select body coloured mirrors it makes you change the car colour to Mythos Black

Hi, looks exactly like the car I have ordered. I also spec'd black roof rails. To me the ta go red looks great, time will tell.
My 8V was red, absolutely loved it. Weirdly not a very popular colour though.

I've gone for Daytona Grey this time, I've had most other colours over the years so fancied a change :racer:

My 8V was red, absolutely loved it. Weirdly not a very popular colour though.

I've gone for Daytona Grey this time, I've had most other colours over the years so fancied a change :racer:
Agreed, my current A4 is Daytona Grey, like you fancied a change. Hopefully the red will be nice. Do like the grey though.

Just tried for my update from Audi and got this response, wonder how long it'll be down for:

Good morning. Unfortunately, our order tracking system we use is not currently showing accurate vehicle status flags. This means the notifications being provided are incorrect and do not accurately show your vehicles status. We have Technicians working on this as we speak and we hope to have the issue rectified at the very earliest opportunity. Please, do check back in with us next week when we hope to be able to provide accurate information for you. We're sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Just tried for my update from Audi and got this response, wonder how long it'll be down for:

Good morning. Unfortunately, our order tracking system we use is not currently showing accurate vehicle status flags. This means the notifications being provided are incorrect and do not accurately show your vehicles status. We have Technicians working on this as we speak and we hope to have the issue rectified at the very earliest opportunity. Please, do check back in with us next week when we hope to be able to provide accurate information for you. We're sorry for any inconvenience caused.
I got the same message last week. Didn't thing much at that time, however now suspicious as their tech department would have this sorted within hours. Suspect they have been told to say this as they will be inundated with enquiries.

I got the same message last week. Didn't thing much at that time, however now suspicious as their tech department would have this sorted within hours. Suspect they have been told to say this as they will be inundated with enquiries.

I got the same reply today.

My local dealer seems to think that there will be a reshuffle of orders within the system at the factory, with any stock or historical orders booted to make way for customer orders. Perhaps could be why there’s “system issues” to make time for this reshuffle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the same reply today.

My local dealer seems to think that there will be a reshuffle of orders within the system at the factory, with any stock or historical orders booted to make way for customer orders. Perhaps could be why there’s “system issues” to make time for this reshuffle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That would be nice

I’m hoping this is true. This forum keeps me sane with the car order and the fact I’m paying off a loan for a car I don’t even have.

So Audi have been telling me this since Saturday when some other people on this forum got updates on their cars.

I ordered an Audi A3 S Line in Daytona Grey with only the Y spoke alloys at the end of April. Had BW27 and then since been told it is “without build week status 0” for about 2 months now

I’m hoping this is true. This forum keeps me sane with the car order and the fact I’m paying off a loan for a car I don’t even have.

So Audi have been telling me this since Saturday when some other people on this forum got updates on their cars.

I ordered an Audi A3 S Line in Daytona Grey with only the Y spoke alloys at the end of April. Had BW27 and then since been told it is “without build week status 0” for about 2 months now
My order placed 16th April for saloon Vorsprung in Daytona with only storage pack added was shown as confirmed build week 37. There has been no movement with its status to date and my dealer unable to give me any news. Pretty poor show by Audi tbf

My order placed 16th April for saloon Vorsprung in Daytona with only storage pack added was shown as confirmed build week 37. There has been no movement with its status to date and my dealer unable to give me any news. Pretty poor show by Audi tbf
Mine was ordered 16th April ,was supposed to be bw 36. Presumably being built but like you no news . Starting to really **** me off.

Mine was ordered 16th April ,was supposed to be bw 36. Presumably being built but like you no news . Starting to really **** me off.
It’s the contempt they appear to display and lack of information from Audi that I find frustrating. Spending up to £40k on a car does not appear to be important enough to engage regularly with customers. I’ve had 4 previous BMW’s and to be fair the customer service wasn’t perfect by any stretch but this lot takes the biscuit. I’m too far in to cancel now particularly with the market the way it is so just sitting and waiting

Well, made up and let down during the same phone call !
Got a call from my leasing company yesterday informing me that my car was now pdi’d, registered and was ready for delivery and I was given the registration number. Great news.
Then, I was told delivery would be on the 25th as it has to be 14 days from signing the lease agreement so I have to wait 2 weeks when my car is sitting doing nothing.
This will be my 4th lease car and I have never experienced this with any of the previous cars but they are adamant it cannot be delivered until after the 14 day cooling off period.
Waiting since January and am still waiting !

• Sad
Reactions: Maddave