A3/S3 delivery lead time?

My feelings exactly, seems like a cover up is happening. It's like a bigger problem is occurring, and that they are not prepared to be honest.
Hmm so you think the tracking system outage is being used to cover up a bigger problem....interesting

Does anyone know if Audi's main competitors (Merc/BMW) are suffering with similar production delays??

Does anyone know if Audi's main competitors (Merc/BMW) are suffering with similar production delays??
I contacted BMW in August and they were able to find me cars with confirmed build weeks in November and December.
Now you are looking at next year. But at least with BMW they are able to give you a reasonable estimate.
Im going to BMW today to see what they can do had enough with Audi now.

How come you can't add them on? I've managed to add both of those options to my build, with no disruption to build times. In fact adding the auto moved my date 2 weeks ahead
I wanted to add on the flat bottom steering wheel. Was told I could not as order locked in. If I wanted to add it it would be a new order and that would take me into next year for delivery.

So I’ve just spoke to BMW. Current build date for 1 series is Jan 22 with delivery in Feb 22.
Amazes me how BWM can be so well organised compare to Audi.
I think Audi may lose a lot of business to competitors this year and next!!!
I’m also considering the Cupra Formentor now.

Reactions: NigelG and Jassyo06
That's very interesting. It does then beg the question .. Why are Audi currently, in what appears to be such an unprecedented unorganised mess!

So I’ve just spoke to BMW. Current build date for 1 series is Jan 22 with delivery in Feb 22.
Audi's lack of transparency is renowned mate and they've been like this on a few occasions over the last 5 years mainly when new models are being released
That's a good time line by BMW ...new reg time
My son has just put in a order for his demo car A6 e55 tfsi black edition it arrives in 6 weeks.. so it's only specific cars that have been held back even longer than normal

That's very interesting. It does then beg the question .. Why are Audi currently, in what appears to be such an unprecedented unorganised mess!
The global chip shortage has obviously had a big impact on everyone. However it looks like Audi’s organisation, planning and management of the situation is the bigger problem. They don’t seem to be able to manage their orders effectively and effective prioritisation is none existent.

Audi are useless in a crisis, just look at the emissions scandal. I'm like you, looking at BMW or Cupra. My order has had numerous estimated build dates, now Feb next year and if that sticks will be a year from order, however I suspect it will move again. Audi won't let me extend my current A4 PCP again, resulting in me having no car.
A complete joke of a company.

Reactions: Phelan583
Messaged Audi UK this morning and systems are still down.
17745D77 2562 45AE A36A 01E6839573C3

Messaged Audi UK this morning and systems are still down.
View attachment 244611
Their technicians can't be working that hard to get it fixed, been down now for sometime. I suspect the system is working just fine and they have been to say this to Audis not so valued customers. Or I'm I just cynical?

Reactions: jdon2008, TankMontana, Maddave and 1 other person
Their technicians can't be working that hard to get it fixed, been down now for sometime. I suspect the system is working just fine and they have been to say this to Audis not so valued customers. Or I'm I just cynical?

Probably spot on, doubt they are down as they say

I had that message over two weeks ago.
I deleted my messenger conversation and sent another message and they told me my car was at the dealer.
I think it all depends on who you get answering your message.

This is also interesting;
Audi sees chip disruption persisting until 2022 | Automotive News Europe (autonews.com)

Especially;
the brand's CEO Markus Duesmann said in an interview with Automotive News Europe.

“We are a five-digit number of cars behind at the moment, which is huge for us,” Duesmann said. “We are fighting hard every day to recover as many of those units as possible. We don’t expect this problem to be completely solved until late 2022.”

Those comments echo those recently made by Renault CEO Luca de Meo, who said the effects of the global semiconductor shortage will be felt through next year.

Duesmann said Audi has set up a task force that is working on a number of ways to offset the effect of the shortage. This includes looking at how to build cars without some components and adding them later and re-specifying some components.

The chip shortage has forced automakers to leave out some high-end features to keep production moving. Nissan for example is not fitting navigation systems in thousands of vehicles that typically would have them because of the shortages.

So .. build cars without the right bits and fit them later .. erm .. how?!

Just received email from my dealer BW moved again from week 48 to week 02 .
My order went in early February so it’s going to be over a year before I get my hands on the car unbelievable.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: NigelG, Phelan583 and Wheezy556
I know how to take them out. I’m going to a junkyard soon to get the same year I need both fronts New clock spring
Possibly two new sensors (haven’t looked if mine had any) This was a front end collision with slight damage to the bumper so I’ll check to see if I damaged the place where the sensors sit But my question is about the reprogramming
Do I have to do that if I get the same RCS computer that is with the airbags?
I may have ford do this because of the programming but I don’t want to if you can do it with a snap-on computer scan tool or another similar one And obviously when I reinstall it turn the key on and then reconnect the battery I just don’t know how ford has you do it I obviously feel like an idiot but now I’m vehicle less and I'm trying to save money for these future expenses What should I know about this process? Obviously when I get the parts always hold them away from me and never store them facing down But first, discharge any static that is on my body by touching a ground And what should I look out for if y’all have done this before

Must be a glitch in The Matrix

Reactions: JustLulu
Ye but when I ordered my Audi they gave me a build date and delivery of Dec 31st as you can probably guess it's no longer Dec but Feb now

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

When did you order yours?

at least you have a delivery forecast. I still don’t

do you have a build week?
Ordered July 27th was told delivery should be Dec 31st had a call yesterday saying build last two weeks of Jan delivery Feb/march

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

I ordered April , phoned dealer yesterday, and was told it has left the factory on its way to the port

Reactions: Wheezy556
I ordered April , phoned dealer yesterday, and was told it has left the factory on its way to the port
I ordered in April and was told a few weeks ago a confirmed build week of 37 however had no information since until this ( the first text I’ve received from Audi) was sent this morning:

Thank you for ordering a new Audi, we are really looking forward to you getting behind the wheel of your new car. Your order is on the production line, however it is taking a little longer than expected due to the global shortage of semiconductor chips. We are sorry about this, please be assured it is our priority and your Audi Centre will be in touch when they have more information. Audi UK.

Anybody’s guess what this actually means!

I ordered in April and was told a few weeks ago a confirmed build week of 37 however had no information since until this ( the first text I’ve received from Audi) was sent this morning:

Thank you for ordering a new Audi, we are really looking forward to you getting behind the wheel of your new car. Your order is on the production line, however it is taking a little longer than expected due to the global shortage of semiconductor chips. We are sorry about this, please be assured it is our priority and your Audi Centre will be in touch when they have more information. Audi UK.

Anybody’s guess what this actually means!
Also an April order with BW37 received the same text, so I'm going to assume that text was just an automatic thing and means nothing.

Also an April order with BW37 received the same text, so I'm going to assume that text was just an automatic thing and means nothing.
Tend to agree with you. It seems like an appeasement text which comes from Audi’s nebulous cloud of information, you look inside and there’s nothing there!!

Feeling a bit embarrassed by this, ordered 28th May, allocated an unconfirmed build week on 12 June of week 34, which slipped to week 35. Just been told that I can collect the car before the end of this week.

Reactions: Inked and Jassyo06
Feeling a bit embarrassed by this, ordered 28th May, allocated an unconfirmed build week on 12 June of week 34, which slipped to week 35. Just been told that I can collect the car before the end of this week.
Wow!! so happy for you :)

Reactions: Phelan583
Don’t be embarrassed, it’s nice to hear some are getting through. Be interesting to hear whether any of your spec has been compromised

That's great news! What spec/trim did you order?

That's great news! What spec/trim did you order?
40 TFSI E in sport trim, with C & S, High Beam Assist, Storage pack and wireless charging. As far as I am aware, its all there but will know in next few days.

40 TFSI E in sport trim, with C & S, High Beam Assist, Storage pack and wireless charging. As far as I am aware, its all there but will know in next few days.
Interesting if you get the wireless charging, I was told beginning of september mine wouldn't be getting it as they've got rid of it as an option.

So I’m now starting to wonder if i’m the person with the longest wait from ordering to still having no build date. Order placed 12 Mar 21.

Anyone else ordered before that with no build date yet?

starting to wonder if there has been some error with my order