A3/S3 delivery lead time?

So I’m now starting to wonder if i’m the person with the longest wait from ordering to still having no build date. Order placed 12 Mar 21.

Anyone else ordered before that with no build date yet?

starting to wonder if there has been some error with my order
Your not the only one mine was placed around the same time and have no build date.

Reactions: Phelan583
Your not the only one mine was placed around the same time and have no build date.
Well at least I know it’s not just a problem with my order.
But the difference in order times to build dates and delivery between people is ridiculous.

So I’m now starting to wonder if i’m the person with the longest wait from ordering to still having no build date. Order placed 12 Mar 21.

Anyone else ordered before that with no build date yet?

starting to wonder if there has been some error with my order
April the 4th and no build date

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

2C5B8263 52BB 4D58 AE71 F378E17C795D

Copy paste job that as I've received the exact same message numerous times.
I sent them a rant asking why its delay after delay. Asked why there is no logical order for orders and that was their response :shrug:. They're not even reading messages it seems

Looking at the RS3 forum there’s members that apparently have their car built and en route to the UK, despite order books only opening mid August. My S3 ordered in March still doesn’t have a build date. Clear to see where Audi’s priorities lie. £££

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at the RS3 forum there’s members that apparently have their car built and en route to the UK, despite order books only opening mid August. My S3 ordered in March still doesn’t have a build date. Clear to see where Audi’s priorities lie. £££

That was part of my rant! Great customer service...

Clearly not a technical problem, they're just fobbing people off at this point. Typical Audi customer service unfortunately. Thank god I've now got my car so I don't have to go through this any more. Doesn't get much better in terms of after sales either, I need some warranty work done and it's a 5 week wait time for service appointments as well :sadlike:

Clearly not a technical problem, they're just fobbing people off at this point. Typical Audi customer service unfortunately. Thank god I've now got my car so I don't have to go through this any more. Doesn't get much better in terms of after sales either, I need some warranty work done and it's a 5 week wait time for service appointments as well :sadlike:
Warranty work, not on the new car already I hope!

Warranty work, not on the new car already I hope!
Unfortunately so! Nothing major just some minor new car niggles, got some rattling in the rear door handles and some of the ambient lighting strips are patchy.

Unfortunately so! Nothing major just some minor new car niggles, got some rattling in the rear door handles and some of the ambient lighting strips are patchy.
Did you get the Audi Rings puddle lights included. I know I read somewhere they should be included but some people had them missing.

I had a reply from my strongly worded message. Only to get a generic pre made response. None of my concerns were addressed. Starting to get frustrated at their lack of transparency and "premium" customer service.

Screenshot 20211020 161012 Messenger

Sorry to hear about that, maybe standards have slipped in their rush to get things made and out the door! Shouldn't have those problems really :(

I had a reply from my strongly worded message. Only to get a generic pre made response. None of my concerns were addressed. Starting to get frustrated at their lack of transparency and "premium" customer service.
That's a crap response, I'd be annoyed at that too. On one hand they're saying they're keeping you up to date .. on the other, they can't update you as the trackers still down. Really doesn't look good from such a premium brand. Still surprised they're still churning out the same old rhetoric. If they started to be honest and say, the production lines shut down, we really have no idea when you are going to get your car .. it's honest, but still crap.

Just got off the phone with my dealer - all production has been stopped because of supply chain issues and the next update will be 30th October, then if that’s a no then 12th November.

They basically said that I can’t be given an update on any sort of delivery times or where my vehicle is because the information is meaningless.

When I ordered the car my estimated delivery date was 31st October, I think it’s going to be a while after this now :(

Same boat as me

Anyone ordered an S3 Vorsprung around March/April?
If so, have you had a build date yet?

Well I was on the phone to the Audi UK Executive Customer Relations Manager today regarding the ongoing delays with my car. He couldn’t answer why my car didn’t have a build date yet or why it took nearly 6 months for the factory to accept the order. But he has gone away to do some more investigation in to it. He just kept putting it down to the microchip shortage. he did say that the dealerships should have been more engaging and should have managed expectations.

However, at no point did he mention the production halt. So either he isn’t aware of that or he intentionally kept it quiet.

Guess I’ll be asking him about that when he calls me back later this week.

I’m now actively seeking an alternative car, although most brands also have 6-9 month delivery times. But at least they are honest and up front about it. As soon as I find one, I’m cancelling my order. Heard so many bad stories about Audi before. I should have listened and gone with BMW again.

I ordered Audi A3 Sportback Edition 1 in September and was told delivery will be in Feb/March 2022. They have not given me a build date yet. Was told 2 weeks ago that delivery date will be at least in June. Why is it taking so long? Has anybody order similar Audi in September?

I ordered Audi A3 Sportback Edition 1 in September and was told delivery will be in Feb/March 2022. They have not given me a build date yet. Was told 2 weeks ago that delivery date will be at least in June. Why is it taking so long? Has anybody order similar Audi in September?
Shortage of semiconductor chips

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Get used to the delays, they happen a lot

I'm recieving my vehical finally in two weeks time, is there anything that I should look out for on delivery.
Thank you

Did you get the Audi Rings puddle lights included. I know I read somewhere they should be included but some people had them missing.
I didn't get them on the S-Line, I believe they're only standard on Edition 1 and above? I've got a set I got for free from a mate anyway, only problem is I've lost them!
I'm recieving my vehical finally in two weeks time, is there anything that I should look out for on delivery.
Thank you
Congrats! Check the doors shut easily and are all aligned properly, they shouldn't require too much force to close. Some vehicles have been shipping with misaligned doors which aren't latching properly (especially the front passenger door). Other than that just your bog standard check that all your ordered options are there and a thorough check of all the body work panels and alloys.

Reactions: Hassaan_1
Thank you
Get your ears mentally prepared for the loud 'beeeeep' of the SOS fault warning! Although this is location dependent! For me has happened near (based in London) Blackwall Tunnel, near Shepherds Bush area near Westfield (outside) are two that happen consistently. Strangely it doesn't ping in underground carparks, and the entire trip from London to Edinburgh and back, didn't ping once!

I didn't get them on the S-Line, I believe they're only standard on Edition 1 and above? I've got a set I got for free from a mate anyway, only problem is I've lost them!

Congrats! Check the doors shut easily and are all aligned properly, they shouldn't require too much force to close. Some vehicles have been shipping with misaligned doors which aren't latching properly (especially the front passenger door). Other than that just your bog standard check that all your ordered options are there and a thorough check of all the body work panels and alloys.
I can understand checking to see if your extras have been included...but checking for misaligned doors.....what the!!!!

Reactions: Hassaan_1
Anyone ordered an S3 Vorsprung around March/April?
If so, have you had a build date yet?

Ordered an Audi S3 Vorsprung on 17th April, build date currently sits at week 15 (11th April 2022)

Get used to the delays, they happen a lot
I ordered the same vehicle in March, was told Sept deliver, now estimated build of week 6 next year. I've completely given up on Audi. A shambolic company that shows utter disregard for thir customer. I wouldn't build my hopes up or listen to any of their false updates. They just keep you hanging, telling to check back next week/ month rather than being honest with people. It will never happen, however I would live to see mass cancellation of orders.

Get your ears mentally prepared for the loud 'beeeeep' of the SOS fault warning! Although this is location dependent! For me has happened near (based in London) Blackwall Tunnel, near Shepherds Bush area near Westfield (outside) are two that happen consistently. Strangely it doesn't ping in underground carparks, and the entire trip from London to Edinburgh and back, didn't ping once!
Lucky I'm based in Yorkshire, so hopefully shouldn't have much of an issue with it fingers crossed.

Spoke to Audi CS the other day to try and get an update, which like many of you, ended up with being told they can't give me one.

What I found interesting was the reason I was told was not because of some system being down, but rather they have been specifically told not to give updates as of around four weeks ago, instead being told to direct everyone to their dealer. This is apparently because people have been getting conflicting information from CS and their dealership about the build status of their orders, which likely has generated some rightly annoyed customers.

The amusing thing here is that Audi have actually made this problem themselves by removing the old self-service order tracking app/website, which would avoid customers needing to contact either the dealer or CS in the majority of cases. Also, this is completely Audi's problem and essentially an admission of poor organisational standards because I'm guessing internally they have access to most of the same information, it's just always dependent on who you speak to or how good your dealer is as to what you hear. We've seen this lack of transparency on other things too, such as the SOS fault.

At the end of it, the customer gets a negative experience but Audi won't likely be bothered that much because they know people are unlikely to cancel and therefore can expect your £££. That's not only for the vehicle itself, but for all the servicing it may require in order to uphold that "Serviced at main dealer" status over the next few years.

All that negativity aside, great to see some people getting their cars or at least getting nearer to a set delivery date!

Spoke to Audi CS the other day to try and get an update, which like many of you, ended up with being told they can't give me one.

What I found interesting was the reason I was told was not because of some system being down, but rather they have been specifically told not to give updates as of around four weeks ago, instead being told to direct everyone to their dealer. This is apparently because people have been getting conflicting information from CS and their dealership about the build status of their orders, which likely has generated some rightly annoyed customers.

The amusing thing here is that Audi have actually made this problem themselves by removing the old self-service order tracking app/website, which would avoid customers needing to contact either the dealer or CS in the majority of cases. Also, this is completely Audi's problem and essentially an admission of poor organisational standards because I'm guessing internally they have access to most of the same information, it's just always dependent on who you speak to or how good your dealer is as to what you hear. We've seen this lack of transparency on other things too, such as the SOS fault.

At the end of it, the customer gets a negative experience but Audi won't likely be bothered that much because they know people are unlikely to cancel and therefore can expect your £££. That's not only for the vehicle itself, but for all the servicing it may require in order to uphold that "Serviced at main dealer" status over the next few years.

All that negativity aside, great to see some people getting their cars or at least getting nearer to a set delivery date!
I’ve just got off a call with Audi UK Executive Customer Relationship Manager.

He confirmed he is dealing with a lot of customers in a similar situation, who have not received build dates and are experiencing massive delays. He explained the main problem is the semiconductor issue we are all aware of. However, he has explained why some people have not received build dates for long periods. Basically, dealerships are allocated a quota of each vehicle. Once they have used that quota, any vehicles ordered go on to a ‘wish list’ awaiting a space at the factory. This can obviously take a significant period of time, especially in the current climate. I explained the dealerships never highlighted this when they accepted the order, despite them clearly knowing they had used their quota. I then told him this underhand technique of withholding that information to secure a sale was not acceptable, which he partially agreed to.

What is even more interesting is the fact he wasn’t aware that the factories in Munich had stopped production of the A3 for a few weeks, and that most models were on reduced production. If he isn’t aware of this fact it’s no wonder that customers are being kept in the dark regarding delays

• Angry
Reactions: NigelG and jdon2008
Car is due at the dealership on monday:yahoo: i could actually have my car next week!!!!

Reactions: RS3ree, Easaleh, Paisley Princess and 7 others
Hi all ordered A3 Sportback, edition 1, 40 Tfsi, c/s, quattro, nav blue, spare wheel on 26/04/21 had a Email from dealership today car is in Uk port waiting for transport to dealer,

Last edited:
Reactions: Inked