A3/S3 delivery lead time?

Someone on this forum has said they ordered an RS3 start of November and it’s been built and been delivered next month.
The quickest any of my previous cars arrived was under 2 months, (ordered Volvo V40 in mid-Sept 2018) arrived in early Nov (they had to hold it for 3 weeks as car it's replacing was still not returned. That car was ordered in mid-Aug 2016, arrived in end Nov (paint colour shortage (Seat pulled it from the Ibiza the week I ordered mine in that paint colour)). Fast forward Audi A3, ordered in December 2020, arrived and ready in May 2021, but I only could collect it end July. So pre-chip shortage, it was still 5 months, although this time perhaps it was Covid/Brexit holding it up. Maybe the RS3 comes off a different assembly line?

Who's only waited a couple of months.....for a A3/S3/RS3 because l dont know anyone on here who's had their car so quickly......2 folks l know of who have ordered the top of the range RS3 have been given build week 41 in 2022 ....everyone has a choice as you know....cancel and go buy something else end of
If they keep that build week its fast.
Can't compare my 13th week of 2021 to 23rd week of 2022 estimated build time.

Στάλθηκε από το SM-M317F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Who's only waited a couple of months.....for a A3/S3/RS3 because l dont know anyone on here who's had their car so quickly......2 folks l know of who have ordered the top of the range RS3 have been given build week 41 in 2022 ....everyone has a choice as you know....cancel and go buy something else end of
I ordered my S3 September 2020 and picked up November 2020, although I was lucky that the dealer had 3 S3 demos on order and 1 hadn't been factory locked so they amended to my spec and also the chip shortage wasn't as bad then.

We then went into lockdown and the car hardly ever came out of the garage lol as I had my works pool car which effectively has become my company car

Reactions: Jassyo06
Finally got an update on my car. It left the factory on November the 20th but is supposedly still not docked. Ordered on the 8th of Feb but now looks like I might get it soon.
Really disappointing how Audi don’t keep you in the loop. Had to get my work to make the dealership who placed the order chase it up for an update as they didn’t seem to be bothered. So frustrated with it all but hopefully be over soon.

Reactions: MA3RC
Anyone know when Audi factories open up after xmas/ new-year period?
I found this online as I was interested as well. It doesn’t say about production line, but new car collection might be similar opening hours.

Attachments

• 2395DD28-79EB-4154-9D34-7FF1F7DBF1E9.jpeg
    2395DD28-79EB-4154-9D34-7FF1F7DBF1E9.jpeg
    257.5 KB · Views: 189
Order end of April 2021. Still no build week. A3 S Line Daytona Grey with Extended Ambient Lighting.
Seriously considering cancelling as my part-ex is starting to fall in value as cars start being delivered.
So frustrating.

Order end of April 2021. Still no build week. A3 S Line Daytona Grey with Extended Ambient Lighting.
Seriously considering cancelling as my part-ex is starting to fall in value as cars start being delivered.
So frustrating.
I ordered beginning of March 21. I now have an estimated build slot, week 10. Like you have I considered cancelling, however all manufacturers are in the same boat, no stock. Any stock that is available is grossly inflated in value. Its a classic catch 22 situation. I have sourced the exact same vehicle that I have on order in a dealership, however it will cost 130 more per month, just because there's no stock.

I got a confirmed build week! Great way to start the year. Build week 3! Ordered end of June 2021.

Reactions: markwiggy, tonyp03 and Nick James
I got a confirmed build week! Great way to start the year. Build week 3! Ordered end of June 2021.
Lucky you, what did you order. I seem to have ordered a good numper of weeks before you (start March) with estimated build week 10, some 7 weeks after you. Starting to think ive ordered the wrong model. Hope all goes well.

Lots of comments on here and not read them all. I ordered a 35TFSI Edition 1 saloon this week. Was told that the factory in Ingolstadt is actually closed at the moment until they have enough electronic modules to be able to continue. Not been given a specific date at the moment just March/April 2022. When they restart, customer orders will of course get priority over stock. Tunbridge Wells Audi would normally have around 200 stock cars at this time of year - they actually have about 25.
Just been advised my build date brought forward to 3rd week of January.

Lucky you, what did you order. I seem to have ordered a good numper of weeks before you (start March) with estimated build week 10, some 7 weeks after you. Starting to think ive ordered the wrong model. Hope all goes well.
An s-line 35tfsi auto with comfort and sound and extended lighting and upgraded alloys

So what was the rough wait time if I went to the dealer and ordered a brand new s3 before Covid/chip shortage? About 2 months?

Do you not lose deposit or anything if you cancel your order then?
My contract says I have to wait 60 days after the estimated delivery date before I can cancel with a refund of my deposit, my estimated delivery was September 2021 so I could cancel. It's worth checking when you signed the agreement what the estimated delivery date was.

Update from dealer today. No build week, am going to get on the phone to Audi later. Who did you speak to @Rads to get yours moving?

I have now had confirmation that my car is in the UK after being released from factory on the 20th of November. Hoping to hear it is ready soon as it’s been a long wait since the 8th of February

Reactions: Rads and tonyp03
Been told by the dealer today (so taken with a pinch of salt) that my build week is currently week 29. So looks like it will be around about an entire year from ordering before I see my S3 (placed the order at the end of Sept)

Reactions: Ameus
Dealer just contacted me today build date was 02 now has been moved to BW 10 , car was ordered 12th Feb last year I have now had about 8 different build dates from Audi all have slipped, no apologies or explanation from Audi , worst customer service I have ever seen.

Dealer just contacted me today build date was 02 now has been moved to BW 10 , car was ordered 12th Feb last year I have now had about 8 different build dates from Audi all have slipped, no apologies or explanation from Audi , worst customer service I have ever seen.
What spec have you ordered?

I had an update today too. After 8 months I have an unconfirmed BW of Week 15 (wc 15 Apr). It’s at least moving in the right direction but will be over 12 months since ordering that I see my car (S3 Vorsprung).

Been told by the dealer today (so taken with a pinch of salt) that my build week is currently week 29. So looks like it will be around about an entire year from ordering before I see my S3 (placed the order at the end of Sept)
Me too

So if I ordered an s3 now, how long do you think the wait would be? 12 months?
I ordered beginning May 2021. Not likely to see mine until end May 2022. Things may pick up but it all depends on the model and how many gadgets you have on it.

That’s interesting I’ve a similar spec car on order which was ordered 1st week in June, so fingers crossed mine may appear soon. I’ve leased this time so updates are sketchy with original delivery for December but now saying March. Im in no rush as I sold my last 8v in September when prices were at a high and I have a car to run round in. I kind of expect it could appear at anytime really.

I just test drove a 70 plate s3 and it didn’t have electric seats. Do the new ones not come with this as standard? I don’t remember seeing it as an option?

I ordered my A3 Edition 1 on the 1st September 2021. I’ve just been told by my dealership that the car has arrived and will be ready for collection in a couple of days. This came totally out of the blue, with no confirmed build date whatsoever.

I ordered my A3 Edition 1 on the 1st September 2021. I’ve just been told by my dealership that the car has arrived and will be ready for collection in a couple of days. This came totally out of the blue, with no confirmed build date whatsoever.
Thats incredible but equally great news, delighted for you. I ordered an edition1 start of March 21 and after a number of push backs, have an estimated build week 10. A full year from order to estimated build, not delivery. All the best, happy motoring. Stick some picture on. Cheers

Thats incredible but equally great news, delighted for you. I ordered an edition1 start of March 21 and after a number of push backs, have an estimated build week 10. A full year from order to estimated build, not delivery. All the best, happy motoring. Stick some picture on. Cheers
It really does baffle me how they are working through these orders, it seems to be pure chance to me. Did you have any optional extras at all?
As soon as I pick it up, (hopefully some pint next week) I shall post some pictures on here.

There seems to be a delay in cars with sunroofs ie Vorsprung

Agreed, I have specced the sunroof on my S3 (before it was removed as an option) and my build week is currently sitting at week 11, similar to others here who have ordered vorsprungs. I ordered end of March for reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really does baffle me how they are working through these orders, it seems to be pure chance to me. Did you have any optional extras at all?
As soon as I pick it up, (hopefully some pint next week) I shall post some pictures on here.
Yeah, the only extras were, roof rails, spare wheel and foolishly advanced key. Me being thick thought that was push button start. I tried to cancel that aspect in the hope it would speed things up but was told it would push me to the back of the queue?