A3/S3 delivery lead time?

It really does baffle me how they are working through these orders, it seems to be pure chance to me. Did you have any optional extras at all?
As soon as I pick it up, (hopefully some pint next week) I shall post some pictures on here.
My thoughts are say dealers have sold 50 cars in a month but can only send 15 in per month so the other 35 people who "ordered" in that month won't have their orders put through for another month or two do technically although they went to the dealer in say may their order didn't actually go in until July . If that makes sense

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

So finally I’ve been given an unconfirmed build week. BW 23, in F**KING JUNE 2022!!!!
I placed my order in March 21. So even with that BW it will be about 18 months from order to delivery.
Even with the current situation that’s taking the ****. Especially when you consider my initial estimated delivery was June 2021.
I will never buy from Audi again after this. If I find something else between now and then I’ll be cancelling.

So finally I’ve been given an unconfirmed build week. BW 23, in F**KING JUNE 2022!!!!
I placed my order in March 21. So even with that BW it will be about 18 months from order to delivery.
Even with the current situation that’s taking the ****. Especially when you consider my initial estimated delivery was June 2021.
I will never buy from Audi again after this. If I find something else between now and then I’ll be cancelling.
Totally agree with you on that. Audi seem to be terrible in any crisis with no apparent organisation on their part. Like you I also ordered March with initial estimate of Sept delivery, which has been pushed back month on month. Update today, now pushed back to end March for estimated build week.
My daughter was supposed to get her A3 in May 21, estimated build week 49, 1st week in December. Car still shows as estimated build week 49, no one seems to be able to Confirm if its been built or which status it now sits. All they will say is ," wait and see." Shambolic.
This will be my 6th and last Audi. If I can source something else, I'm off

Just registered. Ordered my audi a3 sline in july. Got told in november it was port of exit released. Chased it up with dealer in december got told my car wasnt on the ship they thought it was on. Emailed again on 6th january got told car status is still port of exit released. But the car could be in the uk or a compound it may not if been updated. How true is this

I ordered mine in September. Just asked my dealer contact today and she's told me it's now down for Build Week 17 (Estimated June delivery). That's the first time they've given me a BW number!

Picking my Edition 1 with c&s on the 19th. That will be 11 months and 11 days from when it was ordered. Hoping the wait was worth it.

Picking my Edition 1 with c&s on the 19th. That will be 11 months and 11 days from when it was ordered. Hoping the wait was worth it.
Is it petrol or diesel mate i too ordered a edition 1 35 tdi s tronic stillno build week ordered the car feb 2021

On Wednesday of the this week I became the proud owner of a new S3 Vorsprung in Daytona Grey. It was ordered in May 2021 and after 5 changed build week dates it is now in my grubby little mitts. It is a pity it took so long to get here but it is well worth the wait. What a bit of kit! One thing - it didn't come with the Audi Phone Box, but everything else is to spec.
S3

Reactions: MR ZEE25, MF DOOMER, Fuelnut and 3 others
On Wednesday of the this week I became the proud owner of a new S3 Vorsprung in Daytona Grey. It was ordered in May 2021 and after 5 changed build week dates it is now in my grubby little mitts. It is a pity it took so long to get here but it is well worth the wait. What a bit of kit! One thing - it didn't come with the Audi Phone Box, but everything else is to spec. View attachment 248497
Delighted for you .
But shows how there is no reasoning behind Audi orders I ordered my S3 Vorsprung in Feb latest info from Audi is build week 10 which means May delivery if I’m lucky .

Delighted for you .
But shows how there is no reasoning behind Audi orders I ordered my S3 Vorsprung in Feb latest info from Audi is build week 10 which means May delivery if I’m lucky .
Ordered my S3 vorsprung in Oct-21. I’m currently on build week 13 (unconfirmed). I’m confident that will get pushed back based on other people’s experience.

A mate of mine was trying to order a 40 TDI at the weekend but was told that a number of specs are being made unavailable, including all 40's, quattro's (except S3) and A3 Vorsprungs...

A mate of mine was trying to order a 40 TDI at the weekend but was told that a number of specs are being made unavailable, including all 40's, quattro's (except S3) and A3 Vorsprungs...
Maybe for reasons other than chip shortages...MY23 model changes yeah l know that's in May but due to long lead times it does seem like Audi will be streamlining the model line up

I got my update today. And theres nothing new. Still waiting to get it delievered in July.
Will be a full year.
If they make it.
Interestingly he told me that their biggest problem is the A3. Don't know why

Στάλθηκε από το SM-M317F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

I got my update today. And theres nothing new. Still waiting to get it delievered in July.
Will be a full year.
If they make it.
Interestingly he told me that their biggest problem is the A3. Don't know why

Στάλθηκε από το SM-M317F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
I’d have a guess the A3 is their most popular product, higher numbers than the other models.

My build date of week 11 hasn't changed. its been the same since December....if that gets finalised it would work just short of a 1 yr wait since ordering the car

My build date of week 11 hasn't changed. its been the same since December....if that gets finalised it would work just short of a 1 yr wait since ordering the car
Yip I'm the same, estimated week 11, however the pattern has been build slot moves every two weeks, some forward, some back. If it sticks as week 11 then it will be just over a year from order. I actually don't want the car any longer. Truth is there nowt else available.
My daughter A3 was down for build week 47, It remains build week 47. No one can apparently confirm if it has been built or not. Really frustrating for her, someone must know, I'm sure Audi don't build and misplace vehicles

Just spoke to my dealer he says if I want a September delivery on an A 3 i should order in early feb , is he being hopeful ?
what is the position on trade in prices , do you think I will get some sort of guaranteed trade in price ?

Just spoke to my dealer he says if I want a September delivery on an A 3 i should order in early feb , is he being hopeful ?
what is the position on trade in prices , do you think I will get some sort of guaranteed trade in price ?
I ordered beginning of March 21 for a Sept delivery. Still waiting with an estimated build of March. Should give you an indication. The said things may change.

Yip I'm the same, estimated week 11, however the pattern has been build slot moves every two weeks, some forward, some back. If it sticks as week 11 then it will be just over a year from order. I actually don't want the car any longer. Truth is there nowt else available.
My daughter A3 was down for build week 47, It remains build week 47. No one can apparently confirm if it has been built or not. Really frustrating for her, someone must know, I'm sure Audi don't build and misplace vehicles
I know what you mean.... my excitement for the car has dampened a bit.... but I've sold my SEAT Leon FR back I'm Nov-21 to cash in on the used car market... we have no car and we really need one now. Plus I see that new car prices has gone up since my quote back in Apr-21...I'm assuming it would be the same for most manufacturers... and on top of that getting a nice circa 2 yr old car just isn't worth it as used cars are so expensive at the moment

I know what you mean.... my excitement for the car has dampened a bit.... but I've sold my SEAT Leon FR back I'm Nov-21 to cash in on the used car market... we have no car and we really need one now. Plus I see that new car prices has gone up since my quote back in Apr-21...I'm assuming it would be the same for most manufacturers... and on top of that getting a nice circa 2 yr old car just isn't worth it as used cars are so expensive at the moment
Yip, totally agree. Hopefully the builds will come forward.

As in signature, 35TFSI manual saloon, Edition 1, C&S, Python yellow.
Very nice! Ahh you can’t see the signatures on mobile. Very quick turn around for you either way.

Reactions: jet_andy
I ordered my S3 in early August 21. Kept it fairly standard with the addition of daytona paint, comfort & sound + lumbar support.

Initially the BW was November 21, I needed to understand timescales as my current car is a lease.

I called the dealership in Novemeber as I had no order confirmation or further updates (just my deposit receipt for no order!!) Only to be informed that it was likely to be late Jan 22.

Called again end of December, as 2 S3's had appeared as "used" stock, 100miles on the clock and over 5k more expensive than my new build!! My bw has now moved to an unconfirmed date of May 22.

I had a little moan at the sales manager as I appreciate it may be out of their control, but surely they have some kind of idea when the car may make an appearance, apparently not.

No further update since. I'm having to buy my current lease as I cannot be without a car, audi don't seem to have a clue when things may improve. I've chased them this week for updates and will share if I get 1.

Just been informed that my A3 45 TFSI e S-line Competition which was ordered mid September 2021 has been given a build week 16 with an expected delivery for July/August. Fingers crossed it does not slip back again.

What length of time have people been waiting from once the car is built to picking it up?
Mine was built week beginning 46 last year. Arrived at my dealership on the 9th January and I’m due to have it delivered on the 28th of this month. All in all, it will be exactly 5 months to the day from order to delivery at my door.

Reactions: JustLulu
Mine was built week beginning 46 last year. Arrived at my dealership on the 9th January and I’m due to have it delivered on the 28th of this month. All in all, it will be exactly 5 months to the day from order to delivery at my door.
That’s good, I ordered in June and it was built start of December last year and I’m awaiting delivery. They told me end of this month but I’m not hopeful.

Has anyone managed to get any form of update from Audi UK, or are they still directing you to the dealer. My daughters A3 order was apparently due to be built week 47, however it still shows build week 47 and no one can provide any Confirmation if it has been built, if it has where it is in the chain?

Has anyone managed to get any form of update from Audi UK, or are they still directing you to the dealer. My daughters A3 order was apparently due to be built week 47, however it still shows build week 47 and no one can provide any Confirmation if it has been built, if it has where it is in the chain?
For reference I have been told today that my car is in transit to the UK. Expected delivery 1st week of March. I was build week 49.

For reference I have been told today that my car is in transit to the UK. Expected delivery 1st week of March. I was build week 49.
Thats interesting. Hopefully she will get an update from someone soon, cheers.

13 weeks from build to delivery?! Wtf!!