A3/S3 delivery lead time?

That was my initial thought. I would have at least expected it end of this month or the start of Feb. What’s the usual time it takes from build to delivery then?
On my last Audi order back in 2014 it was 4 weeks. (Different times back then maybe).

This time around my dealer has quoted possibly 6 weeks max. But then he may be trying to keep my hopes up :footy:

On my last Audi order back in 2014 it was 4 weeks. (Different times back then maybe).

This time around my dealer has quoted possibly 6 weeks max. But then he may be trying to keep my hopes u

This time around my dealer has quoted possibly 6 weeks max. But then he may be trying to keep my hopes up :footy:
I was updated in november saying car is " port of exit- released" same again on the 6th january. I check the vehicle carriers all the time. There must of been 20 ships port in the uk since my update in november. Getting updates is like getting blood out of a stone

go on vesselfinder. Type in port of emden then shows you departures and were there origin port is. By looks of it audis are delivered to grimsby, tyne & sheerness

Reactions: Nick James
go on vesselfinder. Type in port of emden then shows you departures and were there origin port is. By looks of it audis are delivered to grimsby, tyne & sheerness
Just been having a look. A vehicle carrier arrived today at sheerness from emden. I can only remain hopeful although I’ve lost all hope with it now. The updates I get are always 1 or 2 weeks behind so I’m never truly up to date with it all. For example the update I was given to say my car was confirmed build at week 49 actually came to me a week and a half after the car was built.

Finally got my car on Wednesday and it was 11 months and 11 days. Long wait but it’s amazing

Attachments

• 4DB9B136-33A3-49B3-8154-6268D89E1571.jpeg
    4DB9B136-33A3-49B3-8154-6268D89E1571.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 169
Reactions: JustLulu, MF DOOMER, Paisley Princess and 2 others
My dealer said they have an s3 coming soon that they ordered just to have stock and said they can just amend the spec to how I want it. Do you think this is a lie lol and they’ll just say it’s been delayed and just make mine a normal fresh order?

My dealer said they have an s3 coming soon that they ordered just to have stock and said they can just amend the spec to how I want it. Do you think this is a lie lol and they’ll just say it’s been delayed and just make mine a normal fresh order?
About rs3 they said its.only customer order so i think he lie

As a comparison, I've enquired about amending my order. Been told ANY amendments results in order being moved to back of queue? Don't know if that's just scare tactics coz they can't be bothered,or true enough. I've been waiting since March so not taking the chance.
Don't think we get 100% right. I think it depends on who you speak with.

As a comparison, I've enquired about amending my order. Been told ANY amendments results in order being moved to back of queue? Don't know if that's just scare tactics coz they can't be bothered,or true enough. I've been waiting since March so not taking the chance.
Don't think we get 100% right. I think it depends on who you speak with.
I think this is down to the cost increases. As the same car you ordered will be more expensive to buy today. Although I did manage to change my manual to an auto and I wasn’t penalised

I ordered an S3 Vorsprung (Navarra Blue, red brake calipers) at the beginning of January and my dealer just told me I have. July build week. We’ll see…

I ordered an S3 Vorsprung (Navarra Blue, red brake calipers) at the beginning of January and my dealer just told me I have. July build week. We’ll see…
Its build week or estimate on order page ?

I don’t know! I asked if it had a build week and he said “estimated to go into build in July.”

Oh good. So how do you guys know whether you’ve got a made up date by the dealer or a made up date by the factory?

Oh good. So how do you guys know whether you’ve got a made up date by the dealer or a made up date by the factory?
Your car will be assigned a status 20. Also known as a confirmed build week. Until then the estimated date floats around and changes weekly

I asked him for a build week. What’s the right question to ask?

I asked him for a build week. What’s the right question to ask?
That’s right, but you ideally want to know whether it’s a confirmed build week or estimated.

Car had a confirmed build week of last week, spoke to the dealer today who said there's no update on his system. So assuming the car hasn't been built, or whether the systems haven't been updated. Who knows??

Has anyone had experiences of confirmed build weeks not being achieved?

Car had a confirmed build week of last week, spoke to the dealer today who said there's no update on his system. So assuming the car hasn't been built, or whether the systems haven't been updated. Who knows??

Has anyone had experiences of confirmed build weeks not being achieved?
I had the update of my confirmed build week, 2 weeks after the confirmed date. I then got the next update last week to confirm the car had been built on that build date and was in transit to the UK.
My confirmed build week was 49 of last year. So going by that info the updates are a couple weeks out.

I’ve been tracking the ships in and out of Emden and if my theory on the delayed update info is right my car should now be on UK soil.

That was my initial thought. I would have at least expected it end of this month or the start of Feb. What’s the usual time it takes from build to delivery then?
My dealer is saying 4-8 weeks

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

My dealer is saying 4-8 weeks

I’m in the 8th week since build now then. I know a ship docked in Sheerness on Thursday and one in Grimsby on Saturday. Both from Emden. My dealer is the southern region so I’d guess it would go to Sheerness but I don’t know how the ship system works.

Spoke with my dealer today. I have to say he's useless with updating me unless I contact him. So I ordered July 21 originally had an estimated delivery date of 31/12/2021.

Today's update build week 8 estimated delivery end of march - mid April

I’m in the 8th week since build now then. I know a ship docked in Sheerness on Thursday and one in Grimsby on Saturday. Both from Emden. My dealer is the southern region so I’d guess it would go to Sheerness but I don’t know how the ship system works.
I'm not sure that was the timeframe he gave me today

I'm not sure that was the timeframe he gave me today

Well if that’s correct I’m hoping I’ll get a call to collect this week or next. My updates throughout have been shocking though, like getting blood from a stone.

Reactions: JustLulu
Well if that’s correct I’m hoping I’ll get a call to collect this week or next. My updates throughout have been shocking though, like getting blood from a stone.
Same here he was ment to call me 2nd week of Dec I ended up calling today instead

Spoke with my dealer today. I have to say he's useless with updating me unless I contact him. So I ordered July 21 originally had an estimated delivery date of 31/12/2021.

Today's update build week 8 estimated delivery end of march - mid April

Is your build week confirmed or still estimated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

confirmed build week estimated delivery

I m having an estimated delivery but no confirmed build week

Στάλθηκε από το SM-M317F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

I m having an estimated delivery but no confirmed build week

Στάλθηκε από το SM-M317F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
In November it was estimated week 11 or something not sure when it changed to confirmed week 8

My dealership has just confirmed my build date has been B/Fwd from week 11 to week 8. I need to check if that's now a fixed date.

I ordered at the beginning of May-21

My dealership has just confirmed my build date has been B/Fwd from week 11 to week 8. I need to check if that's now a fixed date.

Same as mine

Reactions: MF DOOMER

What spec did you order as I ordered start of June and mine was built week 49 and expecting delivery this week or next. The system doesn’t make sense.

I too have been estimated week 11, after a call with my dealer today I’ve also been brought forward to week 8, however it’s still estimated and not confirmed. Frustrating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What spec did you order as I ordered start of June and mine was built week 49 and expecting delivery this week or next. The system doesn’t make sense.
A3 S Line 35 £135 optional alloys... flat bottom steering wheel... daytona Grey.... ambient lighting.... manual gearbox

A3 S Line 35 £135 optional alloys... flat bottom steering wheel... daytona Grey.... ambient lighting.... manual gearbox
I went for A3 Edition 1, Daytona Grey with Auto gearbox. I would have thought prioritising the orders towards the start of 2021 would have made sense, yet I’m sure there’s people on here who ordered A3s in October/November who have taken delivery already.

I went for A3 Edition 1, Daytona Grey with Auto gearbox. I would have thought prioritising the orders towards the start of 2021 would have made sense, yet I’m sure there’s people on here who ordered A3s in October/November who have taken delivery already.
It's all madness..however its worked out well for me as due to the long delay I've been able to cash in on the used car market and sell my SEAT leon FR for circa £14.5k crazy money ...after paying off the remaining PCP finance balance it left me with a decent some of cash...... audi originally valued my car for part ex at 10k....crazy