A3/S3 Interior trims

shollis

flat in fifth.....
Reaction score
I have just bought a Symphony 2 head unit to put in my face lift A3 as a replacement for the Symphony 1 but the colour of the radio compared to the surrounding plastic bits is different. Im guessing there was a period between introducing the facelift (late 2000) and introducing the lighter colour dash trims (mid 2001) that my car falls into as I have the darker panels and am having CAN bus issues with installing the radio.

My first thought was fitting the S3 panels but I suppose ideally I would be after the lighter grey panels from a post 2001 face lift car (these could be cheaper from Audi).

Do you know which parts would need replacing? So far I think I need:

ESP panel (Piano black or light grey)
Climate unit (double Din version) (only available in light grey?)
Gear lever surround (piano black or light grey?)
Inner door handles (Piano black or light grey)
Light switch panel (light grey)

Were the air vent surrounds changed to the new light grey plastic as well? Or does the above cover everything?

Do the door panels have to be removed to get the inner door handle surrounds off?

Cheers

Wouldn't it just be easier to buy a CD changer for the original HU?
Can't believe anyone would go to the trouble & expense to match their interior to the HU.

I must admit that that was my initial thought but thought I would price it up as I prefer the S3 piano black trim.

I havent got a loom to the back of the car but fitting that would probably be easier than changing half of the interior and associated CAN issues!

i thought i would use this thread as my question is similar?

If i want to get a aftermarket stereo, is there any chance of keeping the in dash display???

Only with certain Blaupunkt HU's, and a rather expensive adaptor I understand...