A3 & S3 - Rear Sensors 07 onwards pics please

if i have an aftermarket rear parking sensor system, are you able to retrofit the factory fitted one? my plan is to have the '09 bumper fitted with the sensors that come from the factory. would this be (easily) possible, or do you reckon i'm better off reusing the ones i already have? i really dislike them because they're not flush with the bodywork and quite sizeable. however they have more pleasing "beeps" than the factory fitted one i had in my 2005 model.

Yes, can remove old system & install factory version & tbh its really upto you what you think is best as your the one seeing the sensors & hearing the beeps mate.

a%3E

Thanks mate, thats what I was looking for, now working on pics for the front ones lol.

That suzuka grey is not bad at all huh, pearlescent isnt it?

They look much better, more subtle. Is that the size you have Nigel? Mine look the same size as N8s

wow, just seen I've broken the 4000 post mark LOL

Thanks mate, thats what I was looking for, now working on pics for the front ones lol.

Thanks, i love the colour - first A3 ive ever had, just wish i had got satnav fitted now as i didnt know that the ipod pack cant display track info on the symopny head. just track number.

regards

philip

OK Nige, I'll take some pics of mine for you...

IMG00011-20100818-2200.jpg
Sensor next to reg plate.

IMG00011-20100818-2200.jpg

Last edited:
Sensor under headlight

IMG00012-20100818-2201.jpg

Crappy pics, but its late any only had the BB with me.
HTH

Last edited:
I'll run those adaptation scans for you this weekend. I'll also check on that stalk, I forgot to do it earlier ;(

Thanks, i love the colour - first A3 ive ever had, just wish i had got satnav fitted now as i didnt know that the ipod pack cant display track info on the symopny head. just track number.

Ref sat nav mate, let me know if need an installer.

Thank you
Is that supply and fit or just fit,

As im sure most member of the forum are as fussy about the care of their car i would prefer some one with your expertise to fit the unit in for me.

could you let me know your area and approx cost please

regards

philip

Phil please send me a PM then we can discuss it further, no obligations of course until agreed.

No worries & its supply, fit, whatever mate.

Okies I've got a '09 bumper with factory parking holes and am awaiting a call back from a breaker about sensors and loom. So I'm only missing module and speaker right? What else will I need to get it all
to work? Cheers nige!

How's Italy? And how's the new addition to the family?

Are you asking if I can install it or you want to do as I would make up a loom for the connections to the car itself.

Lets just say the 1st night at home was tiring, only cause the missus was snoring lmfao, Issy was very good as always.

Glad all's well!

Ok so if you were doing it for me I'd only need the sensors? Cos yeah chances are I'm gonna ask you if you'd be so kind and prices permitting. Mind PM'ing me an approx cost?