A3/S3 Upgrading my pre-facelift ACC Radar to facelift version.

Ebzy

Reaction score
Hello to all,

Been searching for info on upgrading my 2016 Audi S3 pre-facelift ACC Radar (currently not working and needs a new unit) model# 5Q0-907-541-E round ball type to the facelift version model# 5Q0-907-561-G flat type. Would it be possible to do so as a plug and play or would there be some sort of coding or even extra parts that would be needed since the facelift cars have the Virtual Cockpit and newer MIB2, etc all working together?

example:

240PS 335NM Audi A3 8V MQB 18 TFSI Chiptuning 1

Hello to all,

Been searching for info on upgrading my 2016 Audi S3 pre-facelift ACC Radar (currently not working and needs a new unit) model# 5Q0-907-541-E round ball type to the facelift version model# 5Q0-907-561-G flat type. Would it be possible to do so as a plug and play or would there be some sort of coding or even extra parts that would be needed since the facelift cars have the Virtual Cockpit and newer MIB2, etc all working together?

example:

View attachment 200265

I’m sure I read a write up of someone retrofitting ACC a few months back and the round ball type doesn’t require a SWaP or FeC code to install into a car, but think the flat one does...

The LRR does not work properly with the VC. You need the latest radar for that.
If you have acc oem you can try to retrofit these as your car has the acc fec code. Retrfitted acc sensors need hacked acc sensor or find someone to enable the fec on your car. (not easy)

Your 5Q0-907-541-E round ball type acc works like normal. BUT on vc you dont see the change in distance of the cars in front.
The sensor you want: 3QF907561A

The main difference between:
mk1 acc Only CP (expensive and narrow beam, 210kmh)
Mk2 acc CP and FEC (cheaper , wider beam, 160kmh)
Mk3 accCP en FEC (this radar is the newer version with much more detail. It can also be used to activate PACC (need fec too)

Reactions: JohnyMnemonic
m rol said:
The LRR does not work properly with the VC. You need the latest radar for that.
Your 5Q0-907-541-E round ball type acc works like normal. BUT on vc you dont see the change in distance of the cars in front.
The sensor you want: 3QF907561A
Hello M rol,
Are you sure about round type(541) and VC? I have MY18 US A3 E-tron imported in EU with missing radar(MRR I think). The car was definitely without ACC(no distance knob on the CC lever) and reading the Polish document I bought the LRR(541), had CP removed, installed the appropriate ACC lever and I am trying to code the ACC right now.
I was hoping that having VC guaranteed me no problem with the cockpit and now I am stunned - buying another radar(let's say Mk3) will be pain in the *** - FEC in the dealer, etc.....

Is this information for the LRR and the VC 100% correct?

You could have pre sence only. And then it might be possible to add the newer acc sensor. And enable acc. But no garanties.

The round sensor Works fine but no moving objects.

Maybe you can find out of the car had acc or pre sense through Audi.com (register your car) or with the sticker in the boot.

All of the findings above are from personal experience.

Any problems coding the acc Let me know.

Of you get acc moving in vc with lrr Let me know.

Last edited:

do you have anyone who can enable pACC? Someone who works for Audi and can do fec’s etc? I have a 67 reg rs3 - do I have the newest radar do you know? I coded pACC with vcds but obviously won’t work, as I need a FeC code.

Mqb retrofits can do it. Asking 750euros per car. (Negotional of course, he is turkish)
From what i believen he is the only one...
He can add all sorts of fec codes for the car. Acc pacc, drive select cruise control.. for mmi you have to sent it in...

Tbh I think I have everything else lol. MIB2, normal ACC, drive select etc. But pACC should be good. €750 is steeeeeeeep though lol

damn, I got...5Q0 907 572 G

guess I need to change that? sounds like more hassle than it’s worth haha

Guess so. First contact him. Its just the beginning, maybe some radars are capable...
He told me thats the one you need..

Last edited:

Till now - 1 problem - I had the 2 errors, explained in the mqb.pl retrofit - although I am using the stock wire for Terminal 15 of my original radar(flat one, maybe Mk1, used only for pre-sense basic). This week I am planning to get additional wire from the cabin fuse box(as described in mqb.pl) and see what errors will stay.

But again I can not understand what you mean "LRR is working fine, but no moving objects"? A lot of Golfs and Leons are doing this retrofit with LRR with Stop-and-go through the famous Spanish document and the mqb.pl explanations. Most of them are with Virtual cockpits in the cars.....I am astonished that I will not be able, having the most sophisticated cluster to do it.....

The flat ones with FeC is not an option at all! The local dealer is unwilling to do it, the Turkish retrofitter is too risky for such an amount of money, nevertheless he is very busy and will not explain anything....he has some negative feedback also...

Your generosity is well welcomed - I have very specific and technical question:

The MY18 E-tron came with GW MQB EV, which in my understanding is CAN HIGH, but mine is: 3Q0907530M which I read is somehow locked and cannot be programmed - does this mean I can not retrofit anything additional and should change it with 5QE907530F?
The MQB retrofit asked me 300 euro to remove the CP and code the new one, but I am not sure that other CP will not flag as I change the gate....

On non vc the lrr Works great. With moving white dots on the side indicating you when you get close to the car and overtake b4 car decelarates.

On vc (retrofitted) it should work simular , the car in front comes closer to you.

My VC is like on off switch. Showing car upclose as soon as acc detect car in distance and stays like this.

Have you tested the gw if it wil take any new hardware?
Just add the towbar. (yes you get error messages) Shut down vcds and car, and see is it is still stored 10 minutes later.

If you have xenon/led/side asssis/ lane assist/ acc you already have extended can. So the gw is capable.

I already retrofitted tow bar and gate accepted it. I have bi-xenon without any range control(nor 55, nor 4B) and I am pretty sure is HIGH, all GW MQB EVs are HIGH, but mine is not 5QE(like passat B8 GTE) but 3QE and I read it is "not programmable", whatever it is...
I will update, once i feed the Terminal 15 from the cabin fuse box.

Just update when you run intro problems. Not because you read sonewhere...

Hello,
I tried to fix the ACC errors, but didn't come to any luck so far. Obviously the radar is connected - when I disconnect it from the plug I have additional error - "Audi presence stop working". When I connect it, pre-sense is not whining, but ACC is, I think all coding is as it should be - strict guided by MQB.pl and Spanish retrofitting guidance. I have 1 error in the Engine and 2 in the ACC, both described in MQB.pl, but feeding from Terminal 15 from the cabin fuse box didn't help and now I am stacked. The only thing that came to me if I have incompatible Gate. The errors are:

Code:
Address 01: Engine (J623-CXUA)       Labels:. 04E-907-309-V1.clb
   Part No SW: 04E 906 023 BL    HW: 04E 907 309 F
   Component: 1.4 TFSI hy   H22 5190
   Revision: X3H22---
   Coding: 021D0012636401083000
   Shop #: WSC 12345 123 12345
   ASAM Dataset: EV_ECM14TFS01104E906023BL 008008
   ROD: EV_ECM14TFS01104E906023BL.rod
   VCID: 6BD6C9D189B4361E1B-803E

1 Fault Found:
17149 - Check Coding of ECUs on Powertrain Data Bus
          P1647 00 [167] - -
          MIL ON - Not Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00000001
                    Fault Priority: 2
                    Fault Frequency: 1
                    Mileage: 19021 km
                    Date: 2020.04.18
                    Time: 11:42:50

Engine speed: 0.00 /min
                    Normed load value: 0.0 %
                    Vehicle speed: 0 km/h
                    Coolant temperature: 10 °C
                    Intake air temperature: 12 °C
                    Ambient air pressure: 940 mbar
                    Voltage terminal 30: 13.200 V
                    Unlearning counter according OBD: 40
                    Acceleration: 0.000 m/s²
                    Cruise Control System (CCS): status-Bits 0-7: 7
                    Drivetrain coordinator: ACC fault status-Bits 0-7: 0
                    Drivetrain coordinator: ACC fault status-Bits 0-7: 0
                    Drivetrain coord: cause of shutdown in cruise cntr and ACC mode-Bits 0-7: 0
                    Drivetrain coord: cause of shutdown in cruise cntr and ACC mode-Bits 0-7: 128
                    Drivetrain coord: cause of shutdown in cruise cntr and ACC mode-Bits 0-7: 0
                    Drivetrain coord: cause of shutdown in cruise cntr and ACC mode-Bits 0-7: 128
                    Drivetrain coordinator: brake fault status-Bits 0-7: 0
                    Accelerator pedal travel: 0.00 %

Address 13: Auto Dist. Reg (J428)       Labels:| 5Q0-907-567.clb
   Part No SW: 5Q0 907 567 L    HW: 5Q0 907 567 L
   Component: ACC3          H10 0098
   Serial number: 09071503091159
   Coding: 00001B01FE030B
   ASAM Dataset: EV_ACCBoschMQB 001024
   ROD: EV_ACCBoschMQB_AU37.rod
   VCID: 44AF1F46ED712C0D23-8010

2 Faults Found:
2098432 - Data Set Implausible
          B2012 00 [047] - -
          Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Priority: 2
                    Reset counter: 188

Control Module temperature: 23 °C
                    Voltage terminal 15: 13.0 V
                    Vehicle speed: 0.00 m/s
                    Acceleration: 0.00 m/s²

1043 - Automatic Distance Control
          B10E7 F0 [047] - Disconnected
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Priority: 6

Control Module temperature: 23 °C
                    Voltage terminal 15: 13.0 V
                    Vehicle speed: 0.00 m/s
                    Acceleration: 0.00 m/s²

Anyone could elaborate on this? Any help?

Regards,
Johny

Last edited:
Looks like you don't have the acc fec code on your car. (Dataset implausable)
You installed and coded the stalks?

So i guess 1st generation Lrr is your best bet. (Or be happy with présence only.)

So no acc in this radar atm?

Updating parameters with Vcp?

Looks like you don't have the acc fec code on your car. (Dataset implausable)
You installed and coded the stalks?
So i guess 1st generation Lrr is your best bet. (Or be happy with présence only.)

Sorry I didnot mention it in this post, just few more before - I am retrofitting LRR on the place of MRR, the LRR is CP removed.
The LRR fitted is 5Q0907567L.
What do you mean you don't have Fec for ACC in the car - yes, I don't, but isn't the FeC in the radar(which I am changing) not the car?
Because if the FeC is stored anywhere else - like the CAN, yes, I am pretty sure I don't.
The car stock was only with CC, I changed the stalk, changed the radar and trying to code the car.

DJAlix - are all the parameters/adaptations of the Module 13 VCDS accessible, I don't have access to VCP.

So no acc in this radar atm?

Updating parameters with Vcp?
No idea, not a retrofit I have investigated in detail or ever intend to offer for liability reasons.

VCP? If the parameter set exists then yes otherwise it would be via the official VW group service tool.

Reactions: 8YARWY
Sorry I didnot mention it in this post, just few more before - I am retrofitting LRR on the place of MRR, the LRR is CP removed.
The LRR fitted is 5Q0907567L.
What do you mean you don't have Fec for ACC in the car - yes, I don't, but isn't the FeC in the radar(which I am changing) not the car?
Because if the FeC is stored anywhere else - like the CAN, yes, I am pretty sure I don't.
The car stock was only with CC, I changed the stalk, changed the radar and trying to code the car.

DJAlix - are all the parameters of the Module 13 VCDS accessible, I don't have access to VCP.

Only the round acc sensor is fec free.. guess you have the wrong one...

You need 5Q0-907-541 , nothing else works. (Allegro.pl is a good source. )

As doe fec codes: the gateway stores the fec code.
Acc (flat ones) ask for fec code and start woeling after setting positive reply from gw.

Last edited:
Only the round acc sensor is fec free.. guess you have the wrong one...
Quite misunderstanding:

YES, I have the round one NOW! It is called LRR. The stock one WAS MRR. Now it is in the bin.(almost).
And the car is working with the LRR(round one) - the pre-sense is acknowledging it. But ACC gave errors. Again it is CP removed, as seen from the code.

I don't have idea what parameter the LRR(Round one) that NOW I am retrofitting has. I will post the map in the evening, I don't know from what car it is, how it was coded, etc.
I just got it, CP removed, coded with VCDS as per Spanish manual.
Engine module, ABS, Instruments, etc. coded as per Spanish manual.

The adaptations mentioned there - done. Just don't have access to VCP, so nothing done there.

Last edited:
To start over: your car have mrr for présence from factory?

Last edited:
To start over: your car have mrr for présence from factory?
No idea if radar is capable of acc(parameters)and no idea if can has fec for acc.

OK, again from the beginning, thank you for your understanding:
1. NAR A3, stock with MRR, CC - what is capable, FeC, not - we don't care, cause the car would not be stock anymore.
2. MRR thrown away, USED LRR fitted, CP removed, new stalk with distance regulation - fitted.
3. All modules codding - as per Spanish manual. Adaptations mentioned there - done with VCDS.

4, It is mentioned there that VCP should be used for parameters set - NOT done.
5. Visiting the dealer for ACC leveling with the dealer special stand - will be done.

But now I had these errors and the dealer will not help me with them, cause I am retrofitting on my own LRR in the place of MRR.

00200901FE030B This is my acc coding.

Coded the stalks?
Have the upgraded rear abs sensors?
Did you code the acc on terminal 15 or extended can (in 5f)?

I also see you hava a 1.4. Do you have multilink suspention?? (1.4 you have both) This is important for the abs coding. 50 or F0...
Engine: byte 5 :
X11XXXXX For DSG
X10XXXXX For manual

ABS:Byte 24:
14 ACC Manual
18 ACC DSG
F4 ACC Lane assist Manual
F8 ACC Lane assist DSG

Byte 26
50 for mult link
F0 for solid
Here you need the new sensor for.

17 Instruments
Byte 4 bit 2 activate
Byte 9 bit 7 activate
Byte 11 bit 0 activate

5F mmi:
login:20103
Adaptation
ACC everything on, msg bus: terminal 15
AWV (presense) Everything on msg bus : terminal 15

Stalk: There is pull down window in coding off steering wheel. Put on stalks with acc

I did not use vcp for parameters..
I did not calibrate the sensor at the dealer.

(dealer wil not help is normal, you are upgrding the car with safety features.... )

Last edited:
Rest is coding of acc sensor.

00200901FE030B This is my acc coding.

Coded the stalks?
Have the upgraded rear abs sensors?
Did you code the acc on terminal 15 or extended can (in 5f)?

I also see you hava a 1.4. Do you have multilink suspention?? (1.4 you have both) This is important for the abs coding. 50 or F0...
Engine: byte 5 :
X11XXXXX For DSG
X10XXXXX For manual

ABS:Byte 24:
14 ACC Manual
18 ACC DSG
F4 ACC Lane assist Manual
F8 ACC Lane assist DSG

Byte 26
50 for mult link
F0 for solid
Here you need the new sensor for.

17 Instruments
Byte 4 bit 2 activate
Byte 9 bit 7 activate
Byte 11 bit 0 activate

5F mmi:
login:20103
Adaptation
ACC everything on, msg bus: terminal 15
AWV (presense) Everything on msg bus : terminal 15

Stalk: There is pull down window in coding off steering wheel. Put on stalks with acc

I did not use vcp for parameters..
I did not calibrate the sensor at the dealer.

(dealer wil not help is normal, you are upgrding the car with safety features.... )
All was done per Spanish manual:
ABS, byte 24 - coded, but with 98 =18 + Trailer (10011000)
byte 26 = 50(stock), I assume all A3s are with multilink, F0 is for golfs(torsion).
The stalk - coded for ACC; The Instruments - coded, but Byte 4, bit 2 is NOT active, I should check.
I have an error(I think coming from the error in the Engine)
Code:
Address 17: Instruments (J285)       Labels:| 5G0-920-XXX-17.clb-SRI2
   Part No SW: 8V0 920 894 C    HW: 8V0 920 894 C
   Component: FHybUSA       H16 0068 
   Coding: 04440C51 27 80000802 83 E8 11 1B08000000000000
   ASAM Dataset: EV_DashBoardFPKAU37X 001027
   ROD: EV_DashBoardFPKAU37X.rod
   VCID: 41A0155FF1623A60CB-8014
1 Fault Found:
13636608 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded 
          U1014 00 [009] - -
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Priority: 5
                    Time: 11:42:49
5f MMI - all adaptations - done, but part of them are NOT with "Terminal 15", but with "Extended bus", I will readapt all to "Terminal 15".

To summarize: Possible wrong coding on 17-Instruments, byte 4, bit 2 and Adaptations on 5F-MMI.
LAter in the day, when I come back home I will correct the coding and adaptations and will post the status again.

The above acc coding is for manual car with towbar no lane assist

All extended can adaptation in 5f are terminal 15 on Audi...

98 : 10011000

Here you have 2 problems...

Bit7 is trailer assist (you dont have this, this is for automaticaly keeping trailer in straigt line when reversing and steer trailer with joystick from mirrors. Need pla 3.0 and trailerassist capable camera)
Bit 3&4 is With ACC, With Front Assist, With AEB (PR. 8T3/8T8)

solution:

Bit 2&4 With ACC, With Front Assist, With AEB (PR. 8T5/8T7)
Bit 1&2&4 With ACC, With Front Assist, With AEB (PR. 8T3)

For mulitlink: prefacelift 1.0, 1.2 and 1.4 TFSI and 1,6 TDI dont come with multilink. The 1.4 you can have multi link... But i think it suspention related.

Last edited:
Summerise:
Check 17 coding
Change adaptation 5f to terminal 15 for acc and awv
Change abs bit 24 to 14 or 16 (mine is on 16)

Enjoy your acc..

Last edited:
Summerise:
Check 17 coding
Change adaptation 5f to terminal 15 for acc and awv
Change abs bit 24 to 14 or 16

Enjoy your acc..

Obviously I am using wrong ABS long coding helper:
Code:
Byte24   Bit Information
Bit 0 checked, Bit 1~4 unchecked = Without ACC, Without Front Assist, Without AEB (PR. 8T0, 8T2)
Bit 4 checked = Without ACC, With Front Assist, With AEB (PR. 8T0, 8T2)
Bit 2 & 4 checked = With ACC, With Front Assist, With AEB (PR. 8T5)
Bit 1, 2 & 4 checked = With ACC, With Front Assist, With AEB (PR. 8T3)
Bit 3 & 4 checked = With ACC, With Front Assist, With AEB (PR. 8T3/8T8)
Bit 5 PLA3 Installed
Bit 6 PLA3
Bit 7 Trailer Assist Installed
I DO have trailer(the 1st retrofit that I successfully made it) and that is why i coded with 98=10011000:
bits 0,1,2 unchecked
bits 3,4 checked - which according to my manual is PR.8T8 = ACC, FA,AEB
bits 5,6 unchecked = I will retrofit PLA3.0 later
bit 7 checked - I do have trailer module

The only thing I am not sure is weather to use PR8T8 coding or PR8T3 coding = 98 or 96
The coding on 17-Instruments and adaptations on 5F-MMI obviously need reworking.

You have the trailer but no trailer assist:

Trailer assist have nothing to do with trailer module..
Only PLA 3.0 and Trailer assist camera. (i am doing the trailer assist retrofit soon)

On my car abs coding bit 24 = 16 (works on this radar.) At least you can try..

Last edited:
You have the trailer but no trailer assist:
Trailer assist have nothing to do with trailer module..
Only PLA 3.0 and Trailer assist camera. (i am doing the trailer assist retrofit soon)
On my car abs coding bit 24 = 16 (works on this radar.) At least you can try..

Immediately flashed at me what you mean - yes, I DO want trailer assist, but still have only 69-Trailer...
Will correct! Thank you!

OFFTOPIC: How do you think you will change the camera - using TA one from skoda and modified it physically or?

You need a flashed camera from more expensive audi. Capable of trailer assist. And you need the pla 3.0 . Stil not sure of of will work... on a3..

You can buy a3 flashed camera's on ali..

And i am not sure the towbar module is not a dealmaker die this. I have a newer type module installed bcz my vc retrofit gave error on towbar module.

I will Let you know in de it arrives.

The byte 24 ABS, it could be the new radar needs other setting...