A3 Saloon Pax Side Vanity Mirror

Reaction score
Just managed to break the vanity mirror on the passenger side sun visor on my A3 saloon.....don't ask how I did this!!

Does anyone know if the mirror can be bought as a separate part and, if so, what would be the part number, and how do you change it?

If, as I suspect knowing Audi, it comes supplied as a complete sun visor, can anyone tell me how do you remove the visor for replacement?

Many thanks,

Allan

Just managed to break the vanity mirror on the passenger side sun visor on my A3 saloon.....don't ask how I did this!!

Does anyone know if the mirror can be bought as a separate part and, if so, what would be the part number, and how do you change it?

If, as I suspect knowing Audi, it comes supplied as a complete sun visor, can anyone tell me how do you remove the visor for replacement?

Many thanks,

Allan

How did you do it Allan?? We promise not to laugh............:whistle2:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Blackwhite
How did you do it Allan?? We promise not to laugh............:whistle2:

Well.......it was while cleaning the inside of the windscreen, when I was reaching to do the area at the front of the dash, I jerked my head up onto the sun visor, which made a dull thud, and when I opened the mirror cover, the mirror was cracked to b.......ery!!!! There, I hope this brightened your day......so, now can anyone help to answer my questions?

I have priced a replacement visor and Audi want to charge £70.99 for the privilege.........which would make it a very expensive windscreen cleaning job!!!

Reactions: Simon L and Blackwhite
Well.......it was while cleaning the inside of the windscreen, when I was reaching to do the area at the front of the dash, I jerked my head up onto the sun visor, which made a dull thud, and when I opened the mirror cover, the mirror was cracked to b.......ery!!!! There, I hope this brightened your day......so, now can anyone help to answer my questions?

I have priced a replacement visor and Audi want to charge £70.99 for the privilege.........which would make it a very expensive windscreen cleaning job!!!

If you must buy the replacement visor, you'll want the 2016 version. It can now slide front to back when in the side window position to better block the sun. Audi listened to us!

Can anyone who has access to EKTA please check to see if there are any instructions on how to remove/refit an 8V A3 sun visor......this would be very much appreciated!

Replace it with a LHD version, then that way your be able to get rid of that ridiculous safety warning

Reactions: DJAlix
Actually, as I don't even notice the safety warning, I'm not too bothered trying to get hold of a LHD version, but thanks for the suggestion, Ben.

Just completed the fitting of a complete new visor with no problems, and the PDF instructions posted by DJAlix were very useful should anyone else have to do this job in the future.

Reactions: DJAlix
Hi AllanG (or anyone else who can help!)

Can I ask how you disconnected the electrical connector for the sunvisor? I can't figure out how to pull it apart. It looks like it almost needs a pin or something inserted into the top?

Just completed the fitting of a complete new visor with no problems, and the PDF instructions posted by DJAlix were very useful should anyone else have to do this job in the future.

Attachments

• IMG_2671.JPG
    IMG_2671.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 176
Gbp70.99 is a bargain!!! I broke my driver side last week, pretty much the same story as yours, Hong Kong stealer wants HK$1,550 for it!!! Gbp147!!! Still undecided if I should just replace it or not :shrug:

Success! I've managed it.

For future reference: I found a little screwdriver/hex tool which was just the right size and rammed it into the square hole on the side of the plug. This forced the retaining clip down and the plug then moved backwards. After that I was able to pull the plug out by hand. You don't need to pull the plug and push something into the hole at the same time.

The rest of the A3 sun visor removal / replacement process is really easy as per the PDF that is posted further up in the thread.

Attachments

• IMG_2672 2.JPG
    IMG_2672 2.JPG
    444.4 KB · Views: 183