A3 Sline burning fuel more than usual ?

hemeldude

Reaction score
I've since had the car sericed twice in a few years, Battery replaced last week too, anyway a few winters ago I saw a some piece of crap Eastern European car broken down on my road to my amazement no one had bothered to help him, it was like one of those cars from Terminator 2 but looks old, I helped start his car he had some plugs so charged his car against my battery and I think since then my car has been burning too much fuel, I've tried all the usuals driving slowly, tyre pressure, breaks were fixed too recently as there was some grinding, but it's been almost 2 years since this incident and I'm fairly sure my car started to burn fule too much on average half a tank will get me to drive say 210miles, and 25 short journies would do a quarter of a tank

Audi A3 sline sports edition 2011 , mileage 80k to 87k when the issues potentially started happening . I am certain I didn't need to refuel as often as I do now.

I do recall the next day I turned my car on and the engine light flashed or went crazy for a few seconds don't recall now as it's been almost 2 years!