Nanz

Reaction score
Hi all

Out of interest, and to compare with my own car, for those 2.0 TFSI's owners, what MPG are you getting. Here is mine:

Type of day to day driving: mostly city, school runs, supermarket... (no motorways)
Year: 2006
MPG: 21

When I do road trips (loads of motorway driving), I've been monitoring my fuel eco which is about 38 MPG.

Some of you may previously know if you followed my threads I was getting 15 MPG a year ago, then did a load of work to my car including:
  • New Thermostat
  • New Coolant sensor
  • New Diverter Valve
  • New PCV
  • Mass Air Flow Sensor cleaned
I'm curious to know if my MPG is similar to those with this similar engine or its better / worse.

Sounds similar to mine. 2012 S3, modified with cold air intake and full exhaust. Owned it 2 years, 1 year modified and generally get around 15-20 mpg if I do mostly short trips which is typical for me, and during this time I've averaged around 190-210 miles off a full tank. I do drive spiritedly though shall we say

Recently had alot of work done at a major service as I'm about to go Stage2+ so had new Airtec stage 2 intercooler, coolant and carbon canister forge hoses, turbo inlet and outlet pipes and muffler delete, iridium NGK BKR7EIX plugs, oil and fuel filter, coolant header tank and feeder hose, 5w40 Miller's NT+ oil and a new MAF sensor. Since then I'm now regularly getting around 240-250 miles off a tank so not sure which of those parts as contributed but my economy has improved for sure. I only use Tesco momentum 99 RON also.

Done a couple of long trips recently and was getting over 300 miles off a tank which equates to around 25mpg across the whole tank but when cruising at 70 it was between 30-40 on the display. Seems about right for this car to be honest, I had a 2.0 TSI Seat Leon FR before and that used to average around 22-30mpg for city driving, maybe upto 40-45 on the motorway if crusing.

Reactions: Nanz
Sounds similar to mine. 2012 S3, modified with cold air intake and full exhaust. Owned it 2 years, 1 year modified and generally get around 15-20 mpg if I do mostly short trips which is typical for me, and during this time I've averaged around 190-210 miles off a full tank. I do drive spiritedly though shall we say

Recently had alot of work done at a major service as I'm about to go Stage2+ so had new Airtec stage 2 intercooler, coolant and carbon canister forge hoses, turbo inlet and outlet pipes and muffler delete, iridium NGK BKR7EIX plugs, oil and fuel filter, coolant header tank and feeder hose, 5w40 Miller's NT+ oil and a new MAF sensor. Since then I'm now regularly getting around 240-250 miles off a tank so not sure which of those parts as contributed but my economy has improved for sure. I only use Tesco momentum 99 RON also.

Done a couple of long trips recently and was getting over 300 miles off a tank which equates to around 25mpg across the whole tank but when cruising at 70 it was between 30-40 on the display. Seems about right for this car to be honest, I had a 2.0 TSI Seat Leon FR before and that used to average around 22-30mpg for city driving, maybe upto 40-45 on the motorway if crusing.

In mine, I found it was the cleaning of the Mass Air Flow sensor that made a big difference in fuel economy! I'm generally using Shell V-Power 95 / 99.

Wow. I would be crying with that MPG. Not an 8p but an 8v and I run at 1.4tfsi COD and have averaged 49 mpg over 40k

Granted it’s not 200 to 300 bhp but the places I go you can’t speed anymore. Motorways are full of cameras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If yours is a Quattro version then mpg is bad but not as low as 21.