A3 window chrome trim issue

sanmark

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am hoping you can help with my irritating problem. Passenger door window trim is scratching on another trim from the back door window. And it's hard to open the door from the inside. I suppose the heat is stretching the metal piece..any suggestions other than going to the dealer and blowing money for it..
VideoCapture 20200607 162902

20200429 142814
Do you maybe know if this screw controls the door height it has little rubber cap on it. There are two of these one is up other is down.

Hi Sanmark,the metal cover is only clipped on but make sure not to remove it as its a nightmare to put back on, Place your hands roughly where circled in attatched pic, apply pressure and try and slide the chrome forwards, It doesnt always work but thats the technique i use at work! hope it helps.

Attachments

• a3 door frame.jpg
    a3 door frame.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 236
Reactions: sanmark
View attachment 204359
Do you maybe know if this screw controls the door height it has little rubber cap on it. There are two of these one is up other is down.
This doesnt affect the way the door sits, its just a Locking mechanism for the Hinge mechanism as Audi have designed tthe door hinges so that you can remove the door and refit it without having to realign it. :)

Does the Door line up to the Rear door? as in the lines of the car flow nicely? if the front door has dropped it will need aligning again or the cheat way to do it is to while the door is open lift it with quite a lot of force bit by bit and that will help bring it back to where it should be, if not a Dealer or bodyshop will sort it easily for you! :icon thumright:

Hi Sanmark,the metal cover is only clipped on but make sure not to remove it as its a nightmare to put back on, Place your hands roughly where circled in attatched pic, apply pressure and try and slide the chrome forwards, It doesnt always work but thats the technique i use at work! hope it helps.
Thank you Liam, I will try this method..

This is my only photo

Attachments

• received_584350838693182.jpeg
    received_584350838693182.jpeg
    42.7 KB · Views: 260
Does your metal trim hits each other? Because it looks good, there is a nice gap between them.

The Chrome 'should' line up with the edge of the Gloss black pillar trim with an even gap top to bottom however they often overhang the gloss black trim, as long as its not catching its just down to how picky you are :)

The Chrome 'should' line up with the edge of the Gloss black pillar trim with an even gap top to bottom however they often overhang the gloss black trim, as long as its not catching its just down to how picky you are :)
I get it. Thank you for your help Liam. I will try your method with force sliding, because the door is very hard to open because of this trim sticking out.

I get it. Thank you for your help Liam. I will try your method with force sliding, because the door is very hard to open because of this trim sticking out.
I tried everything, tried tapping it back, moving it. Nothing worked. Door hard to open from inside and passengers just complaining they can't open the door. Glad I am not the only person with the problem. Wonder who else has had this experience. No such problem's with my S3

From your picture I’d say the door has dropped a fraction and the fact the chrome trim has moved a little isn’t helping.

You can adjust from the top hinge to see if it improves matters.

You’ll need to locate the longer inner bolt.

Here’s a workshop guide

91975235e242ef209df460de6dff13d0.png

5bfd91710718ebe5a5a133a172106f77.png

c666fea70d6665bf9443d311f2fc722e.png

a47286a3748f21994eb7b88bbd10989d.png

b5f2dffcd5419f1f07e6134fa1998598.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have managed to slightly move the chrome piece:yahoo:. And for now it's looking good and no more issues with the door being hard to open.
Being successful I took a look on the driver's side, and the piano gloss trim looks out of place :wtf:..and the chrome trim isn't aligned with the gloss cover, and sliding the chrome isn't working..I really don't know what's going on there with this trims and pieces..
20200608 192631 resized
20200608 192616 resized