A38P dashboard lights are dead/flicker problem :(

kreativeJ

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Car: audi a3 8p 56plate 2.0TDI

I've searched and found that many people have had this problem but i can't find a definitive cause.

My dashboard/cluster lights have decided to die on me. So no rev, speedo, fuel, temp, digital display etc
BUT all the warning lights and indicator lights work.

Here is a video of the dashboard bacllighting intermittently flickering when the engine is running.

*ignore the beeping in the video

Anyone know where to start? P.S I check the dashboard cluster fuse in the engine bay and it seems fine.

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
Car: audi a3 8p 56plate 2.0TDI

I've searched and found that many people have had this problem but i can't find a definitive cause.

My dashboard/cluster lights have decided to die on me. So no rev, speedo, fuel, temp, digital display etc
BUT all the warning lights and indicator lights work.

Here is a video of the dashboard bacllighting intermittently flickering when the engine is running.

*ignore the beeping in the video

Anyone know where to start? P.S I check the dashboard cluster fuse in the engine bay and it seems fine.

Thanks guys!

I had a similar issue yesterday. See my post history. In my case it was the battery running low on charge. Worth checking...

Thanks.

Reactions: kreativeJ
I had a similar issue yesterday. See my post history. In my case it was the battery running low on charge. Worth checking...

Thanks.

ah i see, I've just put my CTEK charger on it. Will leave it for a few hours and see what happens. Thanks :)

Reactions: maxpayne
Hi I’m having a similar issue I know this is kind of an old thread but if anyone else is having this issue it could help.

I’m having a similar issue where they flicker and the dials or display doesn’t work. I’ve checked the voltage to the dash and the earths etc and everything’s good.

However the dash itself is seeing 18-24v on mvb 4 so I’m waiting on a doner dash to turn up so I can swap some internals over to track down the fault. I’ll post back here once it’s done as the only alternative I can see is paying a company £150 for what they say is an hours work. Or the dealer a boat load of money for a new cluster