A4 2.0 TFSI Fuel Economy

horse

Reaction score
Hi All,

Thinking of pulling the trigger on a S-Line TFSI. Can anyone tell me what actual economy they get as I don't believe the 44mpg quoted by Audi. I mainly use motorways and in my old 520D I was getting 41-43mpg even at 90mph+

Cheers

My experiance with my current 2.0 170tdi shows that you could expect about 60% of what audi tell you.I get 32mpg instead of the 50 that audi quote.

You won't get 44 mpg!!! If you're mainly a motorway user then why not a soot chucker?

I've only filled mine a few times so far so it's still very tight.

I've just done a trip to/from Cornwall in the car. It was fully loaded and with a roof box and the cruise was set to 85. The car only had 170 miles on it when we set off. IIRC we got 29.5 on the way down and 30.5 on the way back.

If you're interested (???) you can follow my fueling and consumption by clicking on the below fuel consumption icon. I think the initial weird consumption figures (not sure why) have squewed the final figure :

If you're interested (???) you can follow my fueling and consumption by clicking on the below fuel consumption icon. I think the initial weird consumption figures (not sure why) have squewed the final figure :

Interesting site! After looking at the stats from other people, looks like 30mpg is about right. I just ordered another 520d agin!

Cheers

I had a manual 2.0Tq demo and although only drove it for a day so not fully up to speed with its habbits I only managed 27mpg, diving like miss daisy.

Wifey has a Edition 30 GTI Golf which has the 2.0TFSI lump although with KO4 turbo and developing 230BHP.

That funny enough does upper 20's round town and easily hits upper 30's on a run. 40 something is not un heard of.

IMO I think 40+ with normal mixed driving would be hard to achieve

ta

I have a 2.0T Avant SE M8 FWD and after 12500 miles I have a long term mpg of 31! Not great.
I also think the package is nowhere near as good as the Passat, of which I have had 2, a 3.2 SEL 4motion and a 2.0TDI SE, the Audi is much too flawed. Probably OK as a big engined Quattro SLine, but not as standard fare. The only redeeming features are the looks!
Anyway, only 87500 miles to go and I can change it.

I average 33mpg driving to and from work in my remapped A4 2.0TFSi quattro special edition....I I can get it up to 37mpg but thats really trying!

I was getting the same out of my last 2.6 vectra gsi but that wasn't anywhere near as quick....souinded great with the sports zorst and big cone filter though...lol

Anyway.....back on thread.

I get about 24 around town and 34/35 on a run. I've a 600 mile blast to St Andrews and back this weekend so I'll let you how I get on with this. :thumbsup:

Read my post Scotty, I stated my fuel eco on my audi first...sorry for any confusion I might have caused you!

Read my post Scotty, I stated my fuel eco on my audi first...sorry for any confusion I might have caused you!

I don't think I got confused. I was simply suggesting comparing the fuel economy of a B7 in a thread about the B8 was comparing a different car with with a different engine.

I normally average about 28mpg driving on normal roads I can get 33-34mpg on motorways though.