a4 2.5 tdi v6 won't start

pdf11

Reaction score
hi. tearing my hair out with this. started my 1999 a4 b5 few days ago, only revved to 300 revs and wouldnt let me rev it no matter how many times i floored the pedal. after a minute, it let me rev no problem and drove home from the lakes with a few stops and no problems what so ever. day after, my a4 wouldnt start at all, changed the fuel filter, bleed the system till it was coming out the injectors, and no attempt of trying to fire. i'm convinced theres no air lock as we bypassed the filter and mamually primed the pump.
any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated as its gone past a joke now!!!! lol
cheers

Last edited:
Hi
The same thing happened to my 2.5tdi same year as well.
Turned out to be the edc on the pump.
I had fuel at the injectors but no go.
It started when it went into limp home max 3000rpm.
Then next day no start.
hope this helps.
Give adamss a shout he may have a pump.
davek

Just a thought.
What i did is spray a bit of easy start.
if it fires up i would suspect the pump.
Also wen i put the new pump on it was a no go for two days.
Put a priming pump on no good plenty of fuel at injectors.
little bit of easy start and away it went spluttered at first.
do not use too much as it is not good for the engine as it gums the rings up.
hope you sort it know how you feel.
thanks.dave

thanks dave.
sorry for the late reply but still waiting to get my car back. tried easy start, fired up but would'nt carry on running. just in the process of getting the pump reconned, dont want to put a second hand one on in case same thing happens again. i'm presuming the edc gets changed on a recon?!? hope so!. only done 600 miles since i bought the car so been very unlucky.

dont suppose any one has any experience of running the v6 on biodiesel, been making and using it successfully for last 4 years in various vehicles and make it to a very good quality. it says in the hand book, can be used 100% on the stuff. not many people on here seem to have tried it in the 2.5 but i intend to give it a go.

hopefully have the car back this week.
cheers

Don't quote me on this but I'm sure that I read somewhere that the 2.5TDi doesnae like veggy oil diseasel :puke2:

think i may of seen that browsing through somewhere. definately gonna try it but maybe start with a good 50-50 mix to start with and see how we go. been saving an average of about £200 a month so want the audi to try and earn its keep!!! lol. at least it'll have a new pump and cam belt so hopefully run problem free for a few years......ish