A4 2.7 tdi (b8) Multitronic bluefin upgrade

relliott930

Reaction score
Hi,

Im new to this site, just a quick question. I have an Audi A4 2.7 TDI (b8 engine on a 58 plate) I am thinking of getting a bluefin upgrade. The car is plenty quick as it is, but I could do with a bit more umff when overtaking at high speeds. Only reason I'm hesitant is the multitronic gearbox (CVT). Every thing i've read says the torque limit is around 400nm but the Bluefin upgrade will ad another 70nm to this.. Will the gearbox take it?? I dont fancy spending four grand to put that right if it goes. Bluefin (superchips) with their VW/Audi heritage would'nt put out an upgrade the car can't take would they....?

Thanks!!

Rob

Does no-one know the actual max torque for the newest multitronic box?... :ermm:

Sorry for the late reply, I'm sunning it up in Spain and have my Audi with me too!! :thumbsup:

I have a remapped 2.7TDi and don't have any problems. I drive it hard aswell but high up in the rev range using the paddles loads. The torque that gearbox can take is about 550lbft from memory. You get the same gearbox on the 3Ltr non Quattro and have seen these remapped with no gearbox issues either to about 500lbft.

I know a man who know's for defo, give me a day or too and I'll get back to you.....................................................................

Cheers Pyeman! takes a load of my mind. Have a good one in Spain, I think I can wait a couple days :drool: did it put much on your insurance?...