A4 2004 1.8 TQS - What size are the discs

Nutkin

Reaction score
Need to order some and have a choice of 2

288mm

312mm

The 312mm say cabriolet option. So im assuming 288mm and its raining outside so dont really want to go take a wheel off and check.

Good just ordered all 4 corners pads and disks for 140 delivered from brakeparts after reading many glowing reviews on several forums.

Are we 100% sure that quattro models don't come with 312mm discs?

I spose I could double check etka etc if you like ?, but i am 99.9% on it. It's the larger engined ones that get them, 2.5Tdi s etc etc

i second quattrojames ( hi mate, been a while ) as far as i was aware the quatts had the bigger discs for the extra weight etc etc

acording to the shop on cabs have the 312mm discs, and also it said the 288 were the ones with the pads with wear sensors and i defo have wear sensors.

What do i need as regards to tools? Someone said something about an Allen bolt head for the caliper removal?

Not sure i have one of these someone confirm sizes?

The PR code is

PR 1Lt and 1LF for 312mm discs, if those codes show in your service book etc, i am pie munching

PR 1LZ,1LB and 1LF are 288's

GULP!!!

The PR code is

PR 1Lt and 1LF for 312mm discs, if those codes show in your service book etc, i am pie munching

PR 1LZ,1LB and 1LF are 288's

GULP!!!

eugh* goes to find his book*

lmfao, if youve already made it byz, if im wrong ill pop over and just eat yours, save me makin one lol.

as for the above comment on the 288mm one having the sensors, i have a cab with the 312mm disc which also have the sensors on them.

you will need a 7mm alan key ( which you DONT get in a set ) you only get a 5mm, 6mm and a 8mm, no 7!!!

Im assuming its just written amoungst all the codes on the sticker on ym service book.

result, at least you can order the correct ones and not have the hassel of removing the old ones and then find out !!
and byzan can now dig into his pie !!! lmfao

I'VE ALREADY ORDERED THE WRONG ONES DAMMIT!!!!

I want a slice of that pie.

This shall not be forgotten... I demand Satisfaction.

slap.jpg

Are we 100% sure that quattro models don't come with 312mm discs?

I'm just sorry I didn't post this 11 minutes earlier!

Nutkin I'm sure if you ring them first thing you can get this order amended at no cost to you.

I'm just sorry I didn't post this 11 minutes earlier!

Nutkin I'm sure if you ring them first thing you can get this order amended at no cost to you.

I wont be able to phone them in the morning as ill be traveling to south wales with my duelling pistols!

what can i say, i am human, and i error'd.

SORRY !!

I don't suppose it matters it was meant with the best intentions to help. My information was incorrect as I too was told the same as you ( Cabs 312 and larger engines etc) when i was doing the 312 conversion many moons ago.

I will be more careful to not post withot irrefutable evidence from now on.

what can i say, i am human, and i error'd.

SORRY !!

I don't suppose it matters it was meant with the best intentions to help. My information was incorrect as I too was told the same as you ( Cabs 312 and larger engines etc) when i was doing the 312 conversion many moons ago.

I will be more careful to not post withot irrefutable evidence from now on.

Pfft its fine :p Im sure it will sort itself out i'm just fed up with all the beeping and lights on the dash. got a sidelight bulb out and the air bag indicators on due to passenger seat airbag, not sure what to do about that one.

dont be daft byz, were all here to help ! we dont all get it right all the time, i wasnt 100%, was only voicing my opinion, i was more than ready to delv into that pie myself !

Its fine no harm done tbf only 60 quid on fronts and im sure theyll swap it tomoz

I am surprised by this as is did lots of research when looking into the 312 upgrade, didn't do it in the end as i couldn't find second hand carriers and wasn't prepared to buy new. Even EBC themselves say that all the 1.8 and 1.9 engines use 288mm discs.

I am surprised by this as is did lots of research when looking into the 312 upgrade, didn't do it in the end as i couldn't find second hand carriers and wasn't prepared to buy new. Even EBC themselves say that all the 1.8 and 1.9 engines use 288mm discs.
Yup that was my info too..

I hope Nutkin has sorted it now.

i think ive got 312mms on my 190 qTS, prob no help but thats what it says :)