A4 2012 facelift Cant open the boot

TheQueen

Reaction score
Hi
Looking for help here.
boot wont open. Via fob, manually or emergency switch inside the boot.
any quick fixes or is gonna cost me a fortune!!!

Did the boot open & close electrically, by button & itself

Had same problem with my saloon last year

Attachments

• 20210313_200647.jpg
    20210313_200647.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 91
This is the boot release their is a grommet in the boot liner you may have to climb in the boot through the back seats whith a torch
Sounds about right. Ive crawled in the boot and tried to manually pop it with the little latch ain’t ****** moving. When I press the fob and the boot release, it makes a noise like it’s going to open then doesn't. Open. Then shows on the display that the boots open.

My boot release was snapped as you can see in the 1st pic, so had to cut a square out of the boot liner and undo the bolts , before I done this I put my jacket and a waight on top to hold the boot down so it didn't spring up, also so it wasn't putting tension on the bolts when loosening them

Yes it makes the same noise when you press the key fob but dosent open its I have circled the problem in the first picture as I knew that this day would come got the parts of ebay from salvage parts 2 years ago and still working well just check part numbers

Forgot to say it won't open with emergency release or the key fob or button above number plate, its because the plastic screw and cog are worn out
Thanks a lot. I will go red neck on it. See what happens. Thanks for the prompt response

Yeh its not my way but I had no choice but to cut a square out of the boot liner with a Stanley knife to get to the bolts to get the boot open as the white emergency release was broken, replaced the liner at a later date as you don't notice the hole when the boot is open

Reactions: TheQueen