Facelift A4 avant 272 wheel upgrade

Ginge247

Reaction score
Hi all. I've just px'd my b8 S4 for a 2016 3.0 tdi 272 avant, need the extra space now my little one is here. I know this subject has been covered to death in various forms but the car has the standard 18" s line wheels and really doesn't set the car off for me. I'm looking to upgrade to 19s, I really like the 19s found on the A5 cabriolet, they are 9J and et33 offset with 255/35 tyres. Do you think these will fit without any issues, the ride height is standard. Pick is off the 19s. Thanks
3ccb2c88ed0f62bfbc36ebcebed95087.jpg

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

Hi all. I've just px'd my b8 S4 for a 2016 3.0 tdi 272 avant, need the extra space now my little one is here. I know this subject has been covered to death in various forms but the car has the standard 18" s line wheels and really doesn't set the car off for me. I'm looking to upgrade to 19s, I really like the 19s found on the A5 cabriolet, they are 9J and et33 offset with 255/35 tyres. Do you think these will fit without any issues, the ride height is standard. Pick is off the 19s. Thanks
3ccb2c88ed0f62bfbc36ebcebed95087.jpg

I imagine they’ll be fine, I ran A5 wheels on my S4 for winter with no issues, they just have a bit more pole so fill the arches better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ginge247
I imagine they’ll be fine, I ran A5 wheels on my S4 for winter with no issues, they just have a bit more pole so fill the arches better.

It would be ideal if they sit flush with the arches without any spacers. My concern is that they catch on the inside when going lock to lock. I take it you had no issues like that?

It would be ideal if they sit flush with the arches without any spacers. My concern is that they catch on the inside when going lock to lock. I take it you had no issues like that?

No issues at all and I had my car lowered as well.

I'm running 255 35 19 on my s-line had no issues

I think the question is more about the width and offset that'll push the wheel out further towards the arch rather than the tyre size specifically s it's more likely to cause rubbing somewhere. Still useful for folk to know they can run those tyres on stock wheels though! :)

Reactions: And1 and Ginge247