A4 Avant B6 Speaker Adaptor Help.

stuart_75

Reaction score
These speaker sizes are driving me nuts. After visiting an ICE dealer he said they are 5 1/4inch in all four door, but need adaptors to make them fit (fair enough).

After looking at umpteen websites looking at adaptors I get 2 different Autoleads part numbers SAK-1104 & SAK-1107. I think one is 130mm and the other is 165mm.

My car is a 2003 A4 Avant and I want to swap the front and rears.

Please help this is driving me crazy!

The speakers in the B6 are all 6.5", so it's the SAK-1107 you need, but as they're Autoleads they are guaranteed not to fit properly, they don't look deep enough for a start. The stock speakers are mounted on a a very deep plastic ring about 40mm thick as the hole in the inner door card is pretty small and you need to fill the void between the door skin and the door card.
Just make your own. You'll need to make 2 rings from 18mm MDF, screw them together to give you the depth required then use the stock speaker to mark a template for the fitting ring, the bit that screws to the door, this needs to be 6mm MDF. Mark the screw holes, then glue/screw this to the adapter ring and away you go. I used some Dynamat on the inner door skin to give you a completely flat surface to screw the adapter to.
If you have the Bose upgrade you can actually use the stock adapters as the Bose speakers can be removed from the adapter.
For non-Bose you can sacrifice the stock speakers by cutting them out of the adapters, but there's no way to remove them without destroying them.
Avantfrontwoofer.jpg

Yes, ultimately they're all screwed to together, with the speaker mounted to the top one.