A4 Avant B8.5 Alloy Wheels thread

Paddymc129

Reaction score
I'm looking for some inspiration for alloy wheels to put on my brilliant red 13 A4 Avant.

Please post pics of your wheels below. I've a gloss black and red theme currently going on

BCE33993 EA46 488B 8F83 9879CD2CB421

Reactions: quattrogone and V6_Man
They are stunning, not sure if they'd go with my black and red aesthetic though. Any idea what tire size you have there? Debating whether or not to go low profile or not on my avant.
235/35/19. 255s rubbed and I plan on getting Eibachs

Being gloss black it's hard to see the details, I'm currently having a spare set powder coated in matt bronze finish..

I could be persuaded to sell my Dynamik alloys, they need a repaint only. Made by BBS !

Id love a set of S5 peelers, they seem hard to come accross though!

Im debating these also, R8 V10 wheels.

3ce0a40c3a759c69ddb29a37d770dd66

Reactions: barkclark
******* hell. Most sets ive seen are 6-700, with **** tyres. Good find getting them that cheap.
Off a local fella that didn't have his A5 anymore. Came with two new bridgestones also! He had cash so don't think he really cared

Hi all... I've got an A4 B8.5 Avant S-Line 3.0Tdi Quattro and I'm looking to buy a set of S5 19" Rotors (Peelers?), ET33 offset, 9" wide all round..

I've read lots of threads and some people run 255/35/19 tyres fine and others say they rub... What's the consensus on here? I don't want to spend a small fortune on 255/35 tyres only to find they don't fit properly but would like them as they'll look better and hopefully protect the alloys a little too.

Is 245/35 an option, or is 235/35 best?

Or should I be going with 9" rear alloys and 8.5" fronts?

Cheers!! :)

Hi all... I've got an A4 B8.5 Avant S-Line 3.0Tdi Quattro and I'm looking to buy a set of S5 19" Rotors (Peelers?), ET33 offset, 9" wide all round..

I've read lots of threads and some people run 255/35/19 tyres fine and others say they rub... What's the consensus on here? I don't want to spend a small fortune on 255/35 tyres only to find they don't fit properly but would like them as they'll look better and hopefully protect the alloys a little too.

The alloys in the photo I posted above are S5 split five-spoke ; 19", 8.5J and ET32. They're fitted with 255/35/19, and they're on an S4, which is slightly lower than an A4 S-Line. They've never rubbed. If you stick with 8.5J, you should be OK.

The alloys in the photo I posted above are S5 split five-spoke ; 19", 8.5J and ET32. They're fitted with 255/35/19, and they're on an S4, which is slightly lower than an A4 S-Line. They've never rubbed. If you stick with 8.5J, you should be OK.
Thanks for the reply, I wanted to go as wide as possible and most of the Peelers for sale seem to be 9.0, but I'll see what else I can find. I've seen one set for sale with two 9.0 and two 8.5 so that could be one way to max the rear and avoid rubbing at the front..

Be nice to get the wheels filling as much of the arches as possible.. :)

3.0tdi avant S-Line.

255s on 9.0 rubbed on the back of mine but not the front. Changed to 235 and I'll be lowering. I've read not not mix tyre / alloys widths on the quattro system

Reactions: KeirW
I thought S4's had 255x35x19 as standard? Mine certainly does and definitely no rubbing...........just plenty of kerbing!:whistle2:
S4email002

3.0tdi avant S-Line.

255s on 9.0 rubbed on the back of mine but not the front. Changed to 235 and I'll be lowering. I've read not not mix tyre / alloys widths on the quattro system
Good info there, thanks for that.. I'll definitely stick to the same wheel widths front and back.

Still confused, as @rabhrab has said, his S4 has the 255/35 as standard, I'd have thought the bodywork and chassis on all A4's would be basically the same so the 19" wheels from an S4 or S5 should fit the A4's with no issues... but I have no knowledge other than pure guesswork! :)

Good info there, thanks for that.. I'll definitely stick to the same wheel widths front and back.

Still confused, as @rabhrab has said, his S4 has the 255/35 as standard, I'd have thought the bodywork and chassis on all A4's would be basically the same so the 19" wheels from an S4 or S5 should fit the A4's with no issues... but I have no knowledge other than pure guesswork! :)
His S4 wheels (don't quote me) I think are 8.5 et40s-ish? Mine are 9.0 and et 33. This all makes small differences. Mine rubbed on the rear over bumps. Also my rear springs could be worn too

I ran 20 inch peelers from an A7 with 255/35r20 no rubbing, but I had only S-line suspension on my Avant 2009.

Robin

I've got 19 inch peelers ET33 with 245/35R19 and had them mounted for a week, so far no rubbing at all.

Last edited:
I've got some mint (look almost new) ET33 19" rotors coming tomorrow, they're already fitted with 245/35/19 tyres that have a decent amount of tread left..

Do you think it's worth getting the balance checked at a tyre place before fitting? Or just stick them on and go for it :)

An offset too far!?? :sadlike:

Just fitted two of my new wheels and am quite shocked at how far they're sticking out. I thought my wheels were standard ET43 but turns out my old ones are ET47 so these ET33 9.0's stick out quite far! Doh... Looks good at the back, perfectly in line with the arch but the front sticks out ever so slightly..

Have just been for a short spin around the block and not had any rubbing so hoping I can get away with it, as long as I'm not pulled over by a weary traffic cop.. will put the other two on when it cools down a bit and go for a longer drive..

If I had S4 arches they'd probably be fine but not sure if that's something I should think about or not.. probably need S4 bumper too so that's all a bit too much. If I can't live with these I'll sell them and get the 8.5's which I probably should have done in the first place :stupid:

Old....
IMG 5968

New....
IMG 5969

IMG 5974

IMG 5971

An offset too far!?? :sadlike:

Just fitted two of my new wheels and am quite shocked at how far they're sticking out. I thought my wheels were standard ET43 but turns out my old ones are ET47 so these ET33 9.0's stick out quite far! Doh... Looks good at the back, perfectly in line with the arch but the front sticks out ever so slightly..

Have just been for a short spin around the block and not had any rubbing so hoping I can get away with it, as long as I'm not pulled over by a weary traffic cop.. will put the other two on when it cools down a bit and go for a longer drive..

If I had S4 arches they'd probably be fine but not sure if that's something I should think about or not.. probably need S4 bumper too so that's all a bit too much. If I can't live with these I'll sell them and get the 8.5's which I probably should have done in the first place :stupid:

Old....
View attachment 239951
New....
View attachment 239952

View attachment 239953
View attachment 239954
Look spot on to me

Look spot on to me
Just got back from a quick 10 minute test drive, love the way it looks, super aggressive :)

Went over loads of speed bumps, fast roads, slow tight corners, full width sleeping policemen etc. no issues at all so far.. yay! The only thing left to test is with a full tank of fuel and some passengers, but 99% of the time it's just me. Very pleased.

Noticed my left rear shock is damp so must be leaking oil, just what i need but at least i know about it..

There's a set of the 19" ET33 rotor alloys with good tyres on eBay if anyone is interested, not mine but they're £200 less than I paid and in just as good condition, will put the link on the eBay thread..

I
Already answered in a later post further down the thread.
Yes I saw that now thank you for the reply.. Here is my car with this “regular” suspension and 16inch wheels. So my question is now if you have some experience how will he look with 18’s will he be even higher up or? The tiers will be 245/40

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 79
If you put 18 inch wheels and tyres on, you will want to lower it to make it look right.

Reactions: Jenntoss