A4 Avant broekn rear springs - hard to find quattro parts ?

RogerTDI

Reaction score
I noticed a half turn of my rear spring had snapped of my A4 2000 2.5 TDI Quattro AVANT, I'm finding it hard to locate the quattro rear springs - any thought - might even take a breakers one. I don't feel like lowering the car just a standard spring should do, any adviced and can you use standard coil 12" compressors to remove OK. Much Appreciated Roger Opps update just tried eurocarparts and they seem to have them for £40 so might do that.

ah, the famous "Saxo" lowering kit! chop the other one for maximum slam!!

You might find the ECP springs will make the car sit funny if its got the sport suspension on it already (which being a quattro it might well do)

I know most aftermarket spring manufacturers dont generally provide springs for cars with any kind of factory lowering options. My brother had a hard time with his E30 BMW because of this. He had a 318iS which is fitted with BMW's sport suspension from the factory, which lowers it a small amount and adds bilstein dampers. He baught a rear spring from the factors for a 318iS but it was about an inch higher than the old one, and made the car sit all cocklegged. Factors said that was all that was listed in their book and that they dont do springs for factory lowering options, even though ALL 318iS's are lowered from the factory...

If you dont want to lower it at all then i guess its the only option, so give it a try and report back on what you find!

I'd buy the ECP springs ONLY as a pair.

If i remember right, they're on ly about 6070 quid from Audi. More than 40 but you know you're getting the real deal?... Right Sienna ;O)

Thanks for the advice everyone - I've been in touch with Adam, mines a quattro 2.5 diesel, if its a 2WD I'm sure rear springs ain't the same as thats the problem in trying to find the new. I'm not that interested in lowering as where I park is very bumby and underside scuffs etc. So two eurocarparts for £40 each unless i can get a breaking quattro... I might be intersted is some super adjustable rear suspension as i have a towbar and occasionally pull a car trailor... hence strong springs or why mine broke !

I will have 1 rear spring avalible soon, my cars a saloon though so it might be compleatly different but its a quattro sport

The rear springs on quattro A4 S4 and RS4`s are a know weak point.

To identify the correct spring you will need the paint markings from the springs as there are loads (15+)of variations. They are all priced at £64.18

The PR numbers will also help.