A4 avant electrical problem

Done this last night - you must disconnect the battery and ensure you look on YouTube on how to disconnect and reconnect the cluster connections or you will confuse your immobiliser and it will put the dash in safe mode immobilising your car ! Yes this happened to me ! Speaker works a treat though, i carefully used a hot glue gun to glue it in place and chopped some of the lid to make room so i could close it....thanks dan for the speaker ! Legend !
y9aby8e7.jpg
yruzyqeg.jpg

Reactions: S4_dan
My a4 has suddenly stopped giving me alarms.
The alarm when the lights are left on isn't working anymore, but the lights do come on when you open the door.
The seat belt alarm has stopped working, the light goes off when I plug my seatbelt in however when I don't it use to beep, now it doesn't.
It has also stopped beeping when you reverse.
Any ideas of what this could be and how to fix it?
Thanks

Ok correction....The reversing beeping is working. So it's only the seat belt warning noise and the (stupid idiot has left his lights on) sound that is still not working. But still internal lights are working upon opening the car door!

The reverse beeping is seperate to the dash chime speaker, as you've found out.

The seatbelt warning, lights left on, low fuel, low washer bottle fluid, Brakes warning etc is all through the Dash speaker as in the thread and pics above.

If someone is interested on this replacement part, send me a private Message...
q7ia5mwf.jpg

I ordered a replacement speaker from Ollie (Pee_the_Bee) and it arrived a few days later from Germany. A lot cheaper than I've seen on eBay and the exact original part, so easy to solder into place.

We worked from the back of the cluster, mine is an A4 Cabriolet.. The speaker needs to be 8mm off the circuit board to fit correctly when you snap the plastic back in place.

would the different warnings all be on the same fuse. wanted to stop mine beeping about lights being out when there not ! so took fuse out but it still beeps me about fuel washer bottle etc etc. also why would L.E.D interior lights flash a bit. they didnt flash when i fitted them. bin in a few months then started.

Mine has stopped working, i'm hoping to order one from pee the bee. Anyone know what the correct procedure is to ensure you don't mess with the immobiliser during removal/refitting? Last thing i need is the car not working when i put things back together.