A4 Avant Rear Shocks

furiousgeorge

Reaction score
Hi guys

I have had a search for this but cant seem to find the exact thing anywhere. Apologies if its amazingly straightforward!

I have a 2009 A4 Avant SLine with 19 inch wheels. I need to replace the rear shocks, however there are two types, depending on what suspension the car has.

I was under the impression that an A4 SLine with 19 inch wheels is unlikely to have sports suspension, is that correct? Meaning I need to buy the standard shocks.

Cheers for any help.

Hi,

The standard suspension is fitted to A4 Standard and SE models with sports suspension on the S-Line model. Sachs are the OE manufacturer for the shocks who list two parts for the aftermarket. Below are the Sachs part nos. and also the Euro Car Parts no. I looked into this a while back as my last two MOTs had an advisory of oil misting on one of the rear shocks, so this year I was prepared for a fail on them although in the end there was no mention or advisory.

Hope this helps.

Sachs 313365 - Euro Car Parts 635442460
Sachs 313366 - Euro Car Parts 635442450

I believe you can tell from your chassis number what suspension your car has got fitted, part of the code changes depending on that... Unfortunately I am not so help as to know how you interpret the chassis number to advise of this, sorry!

I'm sure another forum member will know or the dealer