A4 avant tdi your thoughts and mpg

phals3

Reaction score
Well my s3 sold a few weeks ago for something a bit bigger and a bit better on fuel. I went for a test drive in a 2011 A4 avant sline quattro 170 on saturday and really liked it and it ticked all my boxes. Now when i was flicking through the mpg readings it seemed quite low ( 28mpg) im going to go an have another look tomorow and try and take it on a longer test drive but should this ring warning bells? I had the pd170 engine in my old golf and used to get around 45mpg, im expeting it to be a little lower due to the extra weight and quattro but what would you be expecting to get?

I can barely get 50mpg from my tdie. The e part is a joke.
My Leon fr is better on fuel.

I made the mistake of glancing at the ave MPG once..

I immediately turned it off in the computer settings and it's been much better ever since.

Probably.

Reactions: Sean mooney, knight92 and gary_a4_quattro
2009 140hp Avant Multitronic and 28mpg in the city. 47mpg on the motorway. Was expecting better as well.

I have a 09 3.0 Quattro and get 50+ on a run if not heavy on go pedal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are several threads about mpg on these cars. The quattro doesn't help . Pretty much all cars can get good mpg on a run up the motorway. If that car has been doing short journeys in town then it could be low 30's . 28mpg does sound really low though but you also need to look at the average speed and the distance thats been recorded over.