A4 Avant TFSI

Jay_87

Reaction score
Thought I'd get a little bit of a project thread going on here for my Audi, I like being able to document what it is im doing and look back at how the car has progressed in my ownership.

I'm no stranger to the VAG world, brother has a B7 Avant, parents have a Q3, father in law has a Golf ED35 and I've just recently sold my Golf ED30 but I've never owned an Audi and was excited to finally get behind the wheel of one.

So my Audi (no pics yet) is a 2012 A4 Avant TFSI S Line in white with 19" rotors, I spent way more than I wanted to when I bought it but I fell in love with it on its looks and after a quick drive I knew I had to have it, its 2 owners from new with full Audi service history, recent wheel refurb with 4 new tyres and was serviced about 500 miles ago, that means I can have some worry free motoring for a while and spend money on parts I want to buy rather than what I need to buy.

Don't expect a big build on this one as its sole purpose is to get my wife and myself around, take the dog on long walks and haul all manner of stuff to the tip at weekends! That said there is room for improvement on this car and I want to put my own stamp on it so it will undergo a few changes.

Few items have already been ordered but I'l get some photo's up of how the car stands at the moment and then start making the changes. First job though is a thorough clean and detailing session with the mop.

What are you planning in the way of modifications?

I have a 2.0tsfi B8 Avant and have had a Revo stage 1 remap carried out, fit a pipercross panel filter and an ECS silicone inlet hose.

I have a set of Black Diamond drilled and grooved discs (320 & 300mm) and pads and an Airtec Intercooler on order, and awaiting fitting a Revo Turbo de-muffler, a set of goodridge braided brake hoses, Forge Motorsport Silicone Turbo Hoses and a GFB DV+.

Future plans include fitting Forge Silicone Coolant Hoses and a Miltek Cat Back Exhaust. Later still Revo Sport Cat and a stage 2 remap.

Good Luck with your build.

Reactions: Jay_87
The first plan is to give it a proper clean, having never owned a white car before I'm finding out just how filthy they get!!

It will mainly be aesthetic changes, honeycomb front grill with a maxton design splitter just to sharped the front end up a bit, I also want to de-chrome the car, so have the window surrounds wrapped black.

Then it will just be a case of doing a few bits as and when required to be honest. I'll be getting it booked into R-Tech fora remap after Christmas to free up some more BHP's and will probably give the brakes an overhaul with some Tarox products, from there.... who knows. I'l just keep chipping away at it adding better bits when old parts need replacing.

I wont be going mental on this as I've got my track car for wasting money on, I only bought an Avant so I can get the dog in the back.