a4 b5 roof bars

argylea4

Reaction score
hey all. i have a set of audi roofbars. what i would like help with is finding some cycle racks that will go over the ridiculously thick bars. any suggestions?:blackrs4:

Audi have their own bike racks which are of the t slot type. There is the old type and new type both available on ebay. I got the old type and are very good and are lockable. Think any thule type will fit but check. Im on my mobile so cant get you any links

I personally hate the ones that grab the downtube of the bike.
no help if you have a Y-frame bike.
I got Thule fork mounted ones. more secure, quicker and no paint damage to the bike.
they don;t do the model I have but here is the new one.
http://www.thule.com/Thule/ProductPage____83145.aspx

AFAIK Audi use the same T slot mounting that Thule use. I have thule bars and ditched thier locking handle arrangement for a straight Tslot bolt that is covered by the handle that locks the front fork in.

very secure.
not cheap

Just to add that the ones i linked to i have bought from audi main dealers votex i think on the manual they have not marked my bikes and hold my sons dual suspension bike too which is adult sized bike. They are very secure too. Used to use one which hung off the back of the car hated it. Roof type much better. Now to find a headunit.