A4 b6 1.9tdi

brian little

Reaction score
Hi folks,Wondering if you can help. Suffering from electrical problems . noticed while driving it yesterday that i had no indicators ...no heater..horn ,,interior dash lights ..central locking not working with key . Electric windows one only working (but i did have an issue with them before ) Car starts and run fine and i have exterior lights working fine. I should say everything apart from central locking seems to be working now ...the way it all comes on is lin k a bad earth but where to look im struggling

any help appreciated Regards Brian

Check the passenger footwell for dampness in the carpet. Best bet to remove sill trim and lift the carpet, there is the CCM under that that commonly gets wet and causes a whole host of issues. There are plenty of guides on google of it's location etc.

cheers dan ill have a look at that . Thing is when the car was stopped ignition off i could hear this weird all most tap dripping sound...i opened the glove box and the central locking went on and sound went off just plain weird ....but ill check that out thanks for advice dan

Check the drain holes under the battery tray. These tend to block and cause water to run into the car.

P.s. You've actually posted this thread in the B5 forum, I'm sure a mod will move it to the correct B6 forum for you.

hi guys just a quick up date and by the way thanks for your advice car seems to have sorted itself out ,everything that is but the central locking and the electric windows they are both a disaster. There is no locking from the keys atol you have to do it manualy.Sometimes it works from the turning it in the door other times it doesnt .When you come back to the car you can open the door manually but the other doors remain locked and as soon asyou go into the car if your not qwick enough the alarm will go off.As for the windows the passenger one is the only one that works not the drivers ..it is only front two that are electric on this model .having said that always had probs with the wiring loom in doors with this car .Are the windows connected to central locking on this car ?its just i had a beemer the last time and if you pressed the fob on the key the windows would go up

Regards Brian

It sounds like it could be the common issue of the wires going into the door inside the rubber boot being cracked/snapped.
They control the interior lights when opening that door, central locking from the key (possibly the remote being the main door), electric window, and the speakers in that door.