A4 B6 Front Suspension Wheel Bearing Housing, Are They All The Same?

enerjay

New to A4's
Reaction score
The car in question is a 2004 A4 Avant Sport and the time has finally come to replace the NS Upper Links, when doing the OS a few years ago i had such a hard time with the dreaded pinch bolt i would like to simplify things this time.

Only having a 2 pound club hammer and no vince to secure it i ended up smashing it for so long i came close to getting vibration induced white finger so i put it on my shoulder and marched a quarter mile to the bus stop to take it to a local garage.

This time i plan to minimise the hassle by procuring a used Bearing Housing or complete leg then get it to the point where it should be a straight forward job.

So to the title of the post are all the A4 Bearing Housings the same, i'm guessing it's just the coils and shocks that are different but wanted to ask you all before i shell out any dollar on parts.

In case there is any confusion it is number 15 in the picture.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• A40-0464.png
    A40-0464.png
    68.3 KB · Views: 1,667
I forgot to mention the engine is a 1.9 Diesel AVF

Looking at Self Study Program 343 for the B7 the Bearing Housing is the same as the B6 so on the strength of that i'm thinking they must all be the same.

Attachments

• B7 Front End.jpg
    B7 Front End.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 7,641
I forgot to mention the engine is a 1.9 Diesel AVF

Looking at Self Study Program 343 for the B7 the Bearing Housing is the same as the B6 so on the strength of that i'm thinking they must all be the same.
So it means that I can take the front brakes from S4, b6, 4,2 and the brake rotors and brake calipers, and they could fit to my Audi a4, b6, 1,9tdi AVF FWD? And without changing the bearing housing?

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

It looks like you can if you include the brake carrier as the part numbers for the Bearing Housings match up.

I dont have access to up to date part numbers and i'm not keen on using 7zap as you can't nail it down to the exact VIN number (you can enter
it but nothing happens), so follow the link below select your S4 BBK and then go back and select my 1.9 AVF and all the part numbers match up.

https://7zap.com/en/catalog/cars/

S4 4.2 BBK

8E0407253C
8E0407254C

1.9TDI AVF

8E0407253C
8E0407254C

Also all the suspension arms seem to be the same across all the B6 A4's from the 1.6 up to the S4 in Petrol and 1.9 to 2.5 with the Diesels.

https://webcat.zf.com

Go to ZF's website and select your S4 and you can see in the cross reference for each part that all the Track Control Arms are the same.

Looks like i'll be taking the plunge :)