A4 B6 Headlight Switch

stevereid

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I don't suppose anyone can tell me if part number 1C0 941 531A is compatible with my A4 Headlight switch part number 8E0 941 531A
Just mine is scratched to bits and wondered if the VAG switches were compatible ?
I hope that makes sense.

Thanks
Steve

I would love to know the headlight switch number too, i'm sure the previous owner had claws, it's scrated to bits also!

Same as mine.. think mine was owned by a woman with incredibly long nails.
I have a 2001 A4 B6 2.5 TDI Quattro, the headlight switch part numeber from mine is 8E0 941 531A, I want to know if 1C0 941 431A would fit.
I have front and rear fogs on the switch too.

Steve

Ah, i see! Any chance of a rough idea on price of these? It's one of them things, that if it's expensive it just aint gonna get done. Mine has front and rear fogs too, and when used the whole left side of the switch now glows yellow as she scratched it so bad. (assuming it's a she...it woudn't be a man, haha)

From a dealer, around £60, thats why I want to know how compatible they are with others in the VAG range.

My ETKA prices are usually in the right ball park and are listed at £68.09, so in the £70'ish region.

Be aware there are 3 different switches from 11/03-12/04....
8E0 941 531 5PR = Standard
8E0 941 531 A 5PR = with DIS
8E0 941 531 B 5PR = with Coming Home lights

where 5PR=soul(black)
All switches listed at same price.

Cheers woorlord! Just a question though, why does DIS make a differnce to the headlight switch?

And at £70 maybe I should just get some black nail varnish out! :)

Thanks for the reply warlord.
Mines a 2001 B6, just wanted to know if I could get away with using a switch from a VW, can get 1C0 941 531A so much cheaper than my 8E0 941 531A switch on Ebay.

Thanks again

Cheers woorlord! Just a question though, why does DIS make a differnce to the headlight switch?

And at £70 maybe I should just get some black nail varnish out! :)

I recall in the Bentley Manual circuits that there is a "lowline spec" and a "highline spec", and think the "lowline" does not do any fancy switching of the lights through the Power Control module where all the bulb blown sensing is done and respective errors sent to the DIS. In the lowline instance the front lights are simply turned on through the light switch with no other fancy circuitry. The lowline is the most basic of all specs so may not be a UK spec model??

Ahhh, i see! That makes prefect sense now! Still contemplating seeing if i can do a repair job, as £70 could buy me a lot more fun stuff, and it still works perfectly.

Yeah, mine works fine too, just looks terrible.. as do the radio buttons which have also been mutilated, so looking for a replacement radio also.
Not sure how to do a decent cosmetic repair of the switch though.
I won't be shelling out £70 for a new switch mind :)

Mine h/lamp switch is scratched to buggery too:( girls and their false nails ehh, my radio buttons are fine but my climate buttons look worn out at night when they are backlit.

My radio is fine too, but the climate button are suffering like yours! This is why I always make sure that I bite my nails, :)

My climate buttons are ok, just radio and headlight switch that have been shredded....previous owner was female though :)