A4 B6 Sline Project

Yeah I've been looking into buying a diner car for the interior. My a4 turns out is sh*t. Doesn't even have footwell lights.

you can retro fit them mate if you wanted to i don't think they are that hard to do, the wiring should be there its just a matter of getting the lamps i think

Yeah I've been looking into buying a diner car for the interior. My a4 turns out is sh*t. Doesn't even have footwell lights.

if you buy a donor car let me know i may buy some bits off it from you if you don't need them :wink:

Yeah the plan was to retro fit all the trick bits. Hopefully the look is there just need the bits. Is it the s-line that has the door handle ambient lights? I'll stick a thread up later. Unfortunately I don't have and photos of what it was like when I bought it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes mine has the ambient red glow in the door handles not that its very bright im thinking of putting a brighter led in there

I would like to get the puddle and ambient lighting retrofitted too. I need to have a look if there's a wiring diagram anywhere or an ETKA for what loom to splice/add to.

Reactions: D9n dk
Well I took my glove box out to check and there is no cable for the footwell lights so likewise I need a how to slice into existing loom too.

Sorry for high jacking your thread

That's alright mate you chat away lol. There must be a retro diagram out there somewhere

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

cfaacc06c988b9d096a26224e8cf4430.jpg

d1fea4f74a7b7afe9b7aeb590e028f0a.jpg

Reactions: Northampton_ofn
Car looks great with fat fives on! Any chance youve got a photo of the car say lowered 30mm so id know what mine would look like?

Car looks great with fat fives on! Any chance youve got a photo of the car say lowered 30mm so id know what mine would look like?

If you look at when I first had the wheels on mate I was on coilovers and before they settled down it was probably dropped 50mm ish so that might help you mate

Yeah they look great! Ill keep my eyes peeled.

Not sure if i like my wheels.

3be3c0e4988bd18f9e0fb34960f5e178.jpg

Cheers matey. Ive tidied her up alot so far. Bit of a dog when i got it. When i can be bothered ill stick a build thread up like i keep saying.

Cheers matey. Ive tidied her up alot so far. Bit of a dog when i got it. When i can be bothered ill stick a build thread up like i keep saying.

they are always the best project starters mate because you can see how far you have come from when you first had it, i must admit mine was quite good condition when i got it so it was just doing little bits and then trying to keep it clean then I've done more bits since then, just take loads of photos of anything you do so if you ever thought about doing a thread later you got pictures to reference too

Another car park loner selfie lol

e59a9161a52aeb8c2e77eda38451c05a.jpg

Reactions: Stanningtonglen
I cleaned and sealed all my arches today with clear silicone. Then had to wash and wax the bodywork

3c33167d5823402a6fb6f0663f098047.jpg

When you say cleaned and sealed with silicone what exactly do you mean?

When you say cleaned and sealed with silicone what exactly do you mean?

I've got no rear arch liners in and when i used to run static with 5 people in the car i used to get a little rubbing over time its rubbed away at the inside of the arches which burnt the paint off from the outside (see previous pictures) so I've had them all repaired and resprayed so I've run about a 2 inch line of silicone around the inside of the arches to seal them from any water, i thought it could only help them really

Ahh right. Cos on the old skool fords we used to run a bead of silicone along the lip on the inside to slow the arch rust down. But the audi doesnt have the lip so got confused! Haha

Ahh right. Cos on the old skool fords we used to run a bead of silicone along the lip on the inside to slow the arch rust down. But the audi doesnt have the lip so got confused! Haha

yer i know what you mean, no there is no lip there its only to seal what damage the old rubbing may have caused :wink:

Ahh low life problems haha

Reactions: Northampton_ofn and D9n dk
Ahh low life problems haha

EXACTLY matey haha its a lot easier being on air now i find myself not driving at silly low heights and saving joints and arches and i can have 5's up with easy and a push of preset button

Yeah id love an air set up but its still rather expensive. Id get her moaning all year round if I bought air haha

my girlfriend is pretty cool like that i think im one of the lucky ones hahaha

Haha you must be. Although my missus mut have heat stroke because me and a few mates went away to the isle of wight over the weekend and with 4 adults and a boot full my brakes turned out to be absolutely ******* useless. Hit the guy in front and chewed my bumper up on his tow bar. No damage to his just my bumper. So she said dont worry well get a new bumper and i said ill uprate the brakes.

So not only can i buy a better looking bumper i can fit s4 brakes without her moaning! Result.

Any ideas on the bumper front?

f24fdb101a043a3de50dfb4e4f22e7e6.jpg

Ignore the plate. It was tinted very badly.

RESULT bud not so much on the small bang bit but the new bumper and s4 brakes without any hassle haha, you could go for the front like mine would look sweet or the GMBH kit either of them look great, i would keep it as oem and use a audi kit rather than a flashy aftermarket kit as they can look a bit outrageous :wink:

Yeah definitely oem. Ill take a look through and see whati can find.

What bumper is your one? S line?

Got to love a 6am reflection picture when leaving this thing at home while I go to work

38e39c7871ebf41a79aed13c95d6a6a6.jpg

Reactions: Adamwagg
Quite pleased to say I got a little mod done today that I've been wanting to do for sometime.

I can't take credit for it because I see another b6 owner do this I just done it my way

But here it is

Looks like it could do with 2 dampers to stop it springing?

Could eventually damage the hinges?

Looks like it could do with 2 dampers to stop it springing?

Could eventually damage the hinges?

Yeh I've got to little rubber stoppers on order so it won't travel that far back in future. It does need some tweaking but the idea is there

Its a great idea. Can this be done to the avant?

Its a great idea. Can this be done to the avant?

I'm sure it can mate there is a video on YouTube of someone doing it on an avant I seen

Got her out for some fun in the sun
f1f248235fb424f41440ea22fe58314e.jpg

Got my girl some new trainers and couldn't help her and a car shot lol
4f31b515c274e74a3f8b0e6ca384cae4.jpg

So with this crazy hot weather thought I'd get the aircon re gassed on the b6

Couldn't help a naughty stanced picture

8ccc5129501569ed31bcac002f6e99ac.jpg

0a60f28c7818b3a153953f9c8d091084.jpg

Has been rediculous hasn't it mate :blacksunrays:. Had your air-con stopped working all together or just gone a bit crap?

Has been rediculous hasn't it mate :blacksunrays:. Had your air-con stopped working all together or just gone a bit ****?

it was still working mate just didn't quite feel as cold as it did when i first got it so i took it in they did a full aircon service checked all pipe work with dye etc and vacuum tests all my system is good pump is working good so they re gassed the system and she's ice cold again smells nice too lol.

its been crazy hot today driving my work lorry with no aircon is a killer