A4 B6 TDI to B7 RS4 Conversion

Can you imagine that though, Buying an RS4 and actually putting a deisel in it,lol!!
....you never know, someone might tackle it.

Hey if its the R8 Diesel engine then hey I'd be happy with that Derv, lol.

I think it looks absolutely superb and I even like the colour. The guys who have done this obviously have a real skill :rock:

Siena I think you're asking him a little to much fella, lol

At the end of the day if you like the styling of the RS4 but cant afford to by one then you could build this car for way less then they spent.

RS4 B7 is way more common than the old B5 RS4 and that means only one thing.... More get crashed.

With that in mind panels will be cheaper and more readily available.

I have seen several B7 RS4 front bumpers go for less than £150 way cheaper than a B5 RS4 front bumper second-hand and that’s if you can find one.

Rear quarters probably never get cut of the car as they probably don’t think they will sell so if you rang a salvage yard and asked to buy them I'm sure they would be more than happy to sell them as I'm sure they never thought there was a market for them.

I would recon you could build one of these your self with limited work shop expense for about half the cost if not more than these guys who bought the parts new if you shop around.

My 1.8tq cost me all in to build around £3500 and what do I have at the end of it.......Something that very few people have and I regarded as a cheap car to run.

Why did I do it because I wanted to, I liked the look of the RS4 and so I built one.

If I wanted to drop in an RS4 engine I could and it would still be cheaper than an original RS4 but I like the engine I have and the options it offers.

link to your images of car fella as would like to see finished job.

Just did a quick search and found a whole front end of an RS4 for £3100 and quite a few of the parts you dont need and could sell on reducing the price even more.

90d2_1.JPG

Nigel, you may be right there.

I am right, 3 posts of his have been so helpful & real contribution to the forum, 1st one compared the mod to like making an MR2 look like a ferrari, ye ok, so a4 looking like an rs4 is same as his comparison, urrm well thought out given a4/rs4 near same chassis & range, rest of his insightful posts go down hill from there, lol.

I am right, 3 posts of his have been so helpful & real contribution to the forum, 1st one compared the mod to like making an MR2 look like a ferrari, ye ok, so a4 looking like an rs4 is same as his comparison, urrm well thought out given a4/rs4 near same chassis & range, rest of his insightful posts go down hill from there, lol.

By the way I have also built a MR2 Ferrari replica not so long ago.:gun2:

MR2F3551.jpg

MR2F3554.jpg

whats with the pistols at 10 paces Doc Holiday

lol, thats quite funny & has made Tendaimwari's comment about mr2 look even more stupid, lol

job well done, had some fun with bodywork on that one huh, welding alot?

Of course it's still an MR2, who's disputing that?

It is still an MR2.

Yep it sure was and everyone that asked was told so oh and it was all mine.:meeting:

Anyways back to the Audi and I was reading through some of the Audizine bits and guess what:

Audi B7 RS4 Complete Widebody Kit
Genuine Audi B7 RS4 Complete Widebody Kit
spacer.gif

Price: $4500.00
* Installation and paint available at an additional cost.

Now if you bought stock B7 parts which there would be loads second-hand and then bought the OEM RS4 body kit you could have even loads more then sell your own bits and you have a fairly cheap project on your hands.

http://www.gmgracing.com/audi_rs4.shtml